Good/fun games able to be played one handed?

MandA60VISE

10 hours ago, MiamiNights89 said:

I’ve got earthbound on my 2DS, it’s glorious! Virtual Console games on there are wonderful! Maybe even go for Pokemon R/B/Y or G/S/C from the gameboy/colour era (also on 2DS VC) 

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's also available on the snes classic 

It's good to hear that Earthbound is on a console people actually own. Speaking of the 3DS, the Style Savvy games can also be played one handed.

some more turn based rpgs not mentioned yet:

rainbow moon

rainbow skies

both utawarerumono games (turn based rpg combined with a superb visual novel story)

the psn+ game of this month detroit: become human, can be played with one hand if you have a big hand that press L2 R2 and square at the same time

I had surgery last year and went thought pretty much the same situation but I didn't had a PS4 at the time so I play Life is Strange, Stardew Valley and XCOM 2 on PC.

XCOM 2 (or 1) and Persona 5 (or 4 since you have a Vita).

Story based games, Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human, Life is Strange.

Some indies, Darkest Dungeon, Project Highrise.Graveyard Kepper, Stardew Valley.

Pretty much any FF game except 15.

Edited by Montyzu

As mentioned above, most puzzle, adventure, visual novels and turn-based games where you cannot die and/or have infinite amount of time to input commands can be played with one hand.

Most Telltale's games are easy, but have moments that require specific actions with moving cursor and time-sensitive QTE and it can be tricky to do with one hand. Back To The Future is probably only one Telltale's game where you cannot die and can take as long as you want to make your next move.

As for more action based games I'd recommend Super Rude Bear: Resurrection and recently released Kid Tripp. First is action platformer similiar to Super Meat Boy and it's probably the only one where you are able to play with one hand (L1 for jump and d-pad/left analog stick for move). Second is short auto-runner with a customizable controls and you only need two buttons to play. So you wouldn't even have to put your hand off from the controller. They're pretty hard, however, so you may not enjoy them if platformers aren't your thing.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex