PSA: single player trophy glitches for those just starting before servers close

Exairesi

Just a heads up, a lot of these trophies were weird for me. My gear up trophy did not unlock when it should have (made an embarrassing post about it, realizing it was user error, but I'm not starting to think it was not me and actually the game)

The other trophies that were weird was, scavenger unlocked before I had all comics and pendants, and unlocking all of Joel's abilities unlocked with one whole upgrade not touched at all. The other thing that glitched out was Ellie's joke in the bookstore (had to replay the chapter via chapter select before I progressed in the story)

None of these seemed to be game breaking (aside form gear up, if it was not my error, and Ellie's joke).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exairesi said:

unlocking all of Joel's abilities unlocked with one whole upgrade not touched at all.

Is the upgrade you mention, the same the guide says that doesn't need to be upgraded? Think both the listening and something else don't need to be upgraded.

If you do a quick google search, it’s fairly well known that these trophies have always seemed to be a bit buggy.

I was in the same boat, whereby my scavenger trophy popped before the other collectible trophies. One post I read proposed that the reason for this is possibly because the tools boxes count as collectibles.

19 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Is the upgrade you mention, the same the guide says that doesn't need to be upgraded? Think both the listening and something else don't need to be upgraded.

No the guide mentions shiv upgrade I believe and mine was the crafting speed I believe 

17 minutes ago, igs63 said:

If you do a quick google search, it’s fairly well known that these trophies have always seemed to be a bit buggy.

I was in the same boat, whereby my scavenger trophy popped before the other collectible trophies. One post I read proposed that the reason for this is possibly because the tools boxes count as collectibles.

yeah it is well known but all the post are from like 2013, and I just thought it was odd that several patches and 6 years later there are still the same issues. That is why I was letting people know :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

Think it's listening upgrade and something else. Would be nice if you posted a screenshot of your upgrade screen with the missing upgrade so it could be used as information if necessary.

I ended up upgrading everything anyway, since I was following the wiki on supp locations :/

I know crafting speed was the last one I maxed out and got the trophy before I maxed it out the guide on here lists crafting speed as one of the required.

14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Think it's listening upgrade and something else. Would be nice if you posted a screenshot of your upgrade screen with the missing upgrade so it could be used as information if necessary.

Yes, it's the listen mode distance and shiv master skills/upgrades that are not required for the "everything we've been through"-trophy.

This is because listen mode isn't available on all difficulties, and shiv master is given to the player for free on easy difficulty.

Edited by Quaddo1
grammar
  • Like 1