Trophy Thoughts?

Paul

After realising this isn't a first person shooter, I don't know if this will be a day one buy for me. I'll see how simple it is when it releases, but so far, it looks simple.

8 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

This looks like an asset flip, never heard of it. But the fact that it has "XD" in the title doesnt bode well i think.

How? This is an older fromsoft game from 2004 that only released in Japan and it's finally getting a Western release. You play as the POTUS and it's definitely not an asset flip. 

I'm so hyped, also there will be physical copies for it. Gamestop has them for sale now and special reserve will have them later.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

How? This is an older fromsoft game from 2004 that only released in Japan and it's finally getting a Western release. You play as the POTUS and it's definitely not an asset flip. 

I did say i've never heard of it, looks like some metal gundam shit i guess.

1 hour ago, majob said:

From Software initially made mech simulator games before the created the Souls series. Armored Core is probably one of the best mecha game franchises ever made

The guys that made Bloodborne and Dark Souls, created this before? Times have changed.

8 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm so hyped, also there will be physical copies for it. Gamestop has them for sale now and special reserve will have them later.

Ive been waiting for Metal Wolf Chaos for 15 years. Its finally time to show how "Great" America is lol. As for all these scrubs that dont know true patriotism, Whats better then a Armored Core where you play as the president? 

1 hour ago, Killbomb said:

Pre-order is $25 on Steam. Looks fun but I might wait for a sale. 

$25 is nothing and this game really deserves to have good sales out the gate to show that localizing such an old gem was worthwhile

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NomadicSnake72 said:

Never heard of this game before, probably skipped passed the official trailer. Trophy list looks fun but if it is anything like a Souls game I'll at least wait for a sale or PS Plus but will likely give it a miss altogether. 

It's nothing like a souls game, it's a straightforward action game. FromSoftware has made other games aside from the Souls series and Seikiro. Man, I bet most of you probably don't even know about Otogi which was a Souls game before Souls was even a thing.

And now I sound like a ranting old man.

1 hour ago, majob said:

It's nothing like a souls game, it's a straightforward action game. FromSoftware has made other games aside from the Souls series and Seikiro.

I only mention it maybe being like a Souls game coz I saw someone else' comment, nothing to do with FromSoftware I dont really care who the developer is if its a good game. Either way I'll still wait and see, probably going to take me another 3 years to complete MGS2 VR Missions before I can start anything else anyway

I never knew people were so unaware of From Software's old catalog until this thread - wow. I don't mean it as an insult, I just figured the Souls series would've prompted more people to go back in time. Anyway, this is in no way an asset flip and I'm very much looking forward to seeing this re-released. Shame GameStop has exclusive rights to the retail version. (I know Special Reserve is going to have their copies, but I don't consider them a retailer; they're very niche).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, LLegend_Fox said:

The guys that made Bloodborne and Dark Souls, created this before? Times have changed.

How have times changed? They STILL develop mecha games. It's just been awhile since the last one released (I think it was 2013 or 2014?). Either way, AC6 is only a matter of time.