Missing timestamp issue

About that issue, I recently saw that i was removed from "Virtua Tennis 2009" leaderboard (in top 50 of fastest achievers) just because of having "Missing timestamps" !

Missing timestamp != cheating ...

I got this on my first (and so easiest) trophies of the game because i couldn't put my PS3 online directly =/

Don't think it's fair to be removed just because of a bug from sony in managing this issue ^^'

I’d not had missing timestamps on my account for the 10 years I’ve currently had my account, until the other when I booted up my Vita for the first time in 9 months and booted up God of War 2. 

I assumed the WiFi was connected, it always had been, but it turns out leaving it off too long disconnects the device. So I got 5 trophies, went to sync it and bam, 5 missing timestamps. So I’ve hidden them (going from 32 to 37 hidden :( )and booted up the PS3 version instead, since there’s no way to fix it!

Edited by willmill97

9 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

About that issue, I recently saw that i was removed from "Virtua Tennis 2009" leaderboard (in top 50 of fastest achievers) just because of having "Missing timestamps" !

I got this on my first (and so easiest) trophies of the game because i couldn't put my PS3 online directly =/

Don't think it's fair to be removed just because of a bug from sony in managing this issue ^^'

Nah, it is not about cheating etc: having missing timestamp on 1 more more trophies for a game makes the "completion time" marked as "platinum with missing timestamps" - so you can not be on the fastest achievers LB. There was a bug in site (or still is?) that some User had (i.e.) 47 trophies for "Infamous" without timestamps, but 2 last trophies + platinum got in an hour, so he was on top of the list obviously and this time is of course impossible to achieve. That's why games with "missing timestamps" are not taken into account into rankings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I’d not had missing timestamps on my account for the 10 years I’ve currently had my account, until the other when I booted up my Vita for the first time in 9 months and booted up God of War 2. 

I assumed the WiFi was connected, it always had been, but it turns out leaving it off too long disconnects the device. So I got 5 trophies, went to sync it and bam, 5 missing timestamps. So I’ve hidden them (going from 32 to 37 hidden :( )and booted up the PS3 version instead, since there’s no way to fix it!

I've never heard of that happening on a Vita, just a PS3 which has an internal battery to set it's clock and if that battery runs out, it looses track of the clock and resets internally. Now I'm curious about how the Vita addresses the internal clock. I've gone 5-6 months before without playing and had no issues.

1 minute ago, Fat-Westy said:

Yea that's bs coz the 1 I'm looking at u can probably get naturally 

Please be careful about violating Rule #1. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

Nah, it is not about cheating etc: having missing timestamp on 1 more more trophies for a game makes the "completion time" marked as "platinum with missing timestamps" - so you can not be on the fastest achievers LB. There was a bug in site (or still is?) that some User had (i.e.) 47 trophies for "Infamous" without timestamps, but 2 last trophies + platinum got in an hour, so he was on top of the list obviously and this time is of course impossible to achieve. That's why games with "missing timestamps" are not taken into account into rankings.

My bad i fail my statement, i was not in "fastest achiever" but top 50 "first achievers" .. sorry !

And as my platinum as a normal time on it, don't know why i was removed ^^' (a few months ago i was still there :o )

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I've never heard of that happening on a Vita,

Happened to me also... Didn't use one PSV for couple of months, booted it, TOTALLY IGNORED the fact that it asked to put the time/date again, started up game, got a few trophies, logged in and sync - BAM! Missing timestamps.

Had even worse case with PS TV - 95% of game has missing timestamps... - everytime you disconnect it from AC you have to reset the date. So first thing after that - go online and sync your account to set the internal clock!

14 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

My bad i fail my statement, i was not in "fastest achiever" but top 50 "first achievers" .. sorry !

And as my platinum as a normal time on it, don't know why i was removed ^^' (a few months ago i was still there :o )

Yes, your platinum trophy has a timestamp, BUT completion time is messed up.

I think you are mixing two things:

1) You are 18th on the "1st achievers" list of the PLATINUM trophy.
2) You are not on the "1st 100% achievers" list since your completion time is messed up.

:D.

Edited by Smashero

Just now, Smashero said:

Happened to me also... Didn't use one PSV for couple of months, booted it, TOTALLY IGNORED the fact that it asked to put the time/date again, started up game, got a few trophies, logged in and sync - BAM! Missing timestamps.

Had even worse case with PS TV - 95% of game has missing timestamps... - everytime you disconnect it from AC you have to reset the date. So first thing after that - go online and sync your account to set the internal clock!

I was wondering if it would prompt for the Time/Date again in that instance. So in reality, it doesn't just lose it and people don't know. It loses the closk, tells you it loses the clock and asks you for it before proceeding. Good, I was a bit worried it would just happen without warning.

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

I was wondering if it would prompt for the Time/Date again in that instance. So in reality, it doesn't just lose it and people don't know. It loses the closk, tells you it loses the clock and asks you for it before proceeding. Good, I was a bit worried it would just happen without warning.

Yeah, you can call it "a warning" ;). So it is super important to avoid missing timestamps: if PSV/TV is asking to reset the normal date/time - first sync your account before getting any trophy!

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I've never heard of that happening on a Vita, just a PS3 which has an internal battery to set it's clock and if that battery runs out, it looses track of the clock and resets internally. Now I'm curious about how the Vita addresses the internal clock. I've gone 5-6 months before without playing and had no issues.

It’s either because I left it too long, or I was on a different WiFi before, even though it’s already recognised my home one. It’s a bummer but oh well I’ll have to live with it now 

2 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

It’s either because I left it too long, or I was on a different WiFi before, even though it’s already recognised my home one. It’s a bummer but oh well I’ll have to live with it now 

PS5 will introduce possibility to erase every single trophy list from your profile, so you will fix it then!

;):P 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yes, your platinum trophy has a timestamp, BUT completion time is messed up.

I think you are mixing two things:

1) You are 18th on the "1st achievers" list of the PLATINUM trophy.
2) You are not on the "1st 100% achievers" list since your completion time is messed up.

:D.

Taking your points :

1) Ok it's correct

2) Even if i'm having some missing time for first trophies, last trophy is correct so we know when I got 100% (considering this game as no DLC trophies so platinum MUST be last trophy :)  )

You don't need to know when i started it to know when I finished it to 100%, and being part of the 100% leaderboard.

And not so long ago i saw my name in 100% club, not anymore for some reasons ^^'

Edited by seblegamer

1 hour ago, Fat-Westy said:

Hi I was looking at my trophies and I saw 1 of my trophies were missing a timestamp so I was wondering how to correct that

No, I wish. Sucks having missing timestamps, because it makes an account look messy. 

Yea I now have the platinum for the game and it's 1 of my proudest platinum trophies but I'm not on the leaderboards just for that 1 trophy so people that see I have the platinum but aren't on the leaderboards are gonna think I've cheated that platinum sony I know on Ebay there's someone offering a service for fixing timestamps but I assume that'll require some sort of cheat/ hacking device 

1 hour ago, Fat-Westy said:

Yea I now have the platinum for the game and it's 1 of my proudest platinum trophies but I'm not on the leaderboards just for that 1 trophy so people that see I have the platinum but aren't on the leaderboards are gonna think I've cheated that platinum sony I know on Ebay there's someone offering a service for fixing timestamps but I assume that'll require some sort of cheat/ hacking device 

That will be considered cheating and any account caught editing timestamps will be completely removed from the leaderboards. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seblegamer said:

You're not flagged for anything, but yes, there's been issues around missing timestamps and leaderboard. Can't ignore the missing timestamps, because then you can get a faster time. So instead you should be put last. But I know one way it was handled at one point was simply not appearing on the 100% board.

Edited by MMDE

15 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That will be considered cheating and any account caught editing timestamps will be completely removed from the leaderboards. 

Yea that's what I assumed just to be clear I don't intend 2 hire that service listing I was simply just aware of the service but assumed that I would b cheating