What's going on with this site?

You're not on your own. I've seen many good ideas raised to improve the site which in themselves have raised interesting discussions but then I become irritated that nothing ever comes of them, there's no reply to say that they are being considered or that they won't be added. Sometimes these ideas have taken considerable effort from the people behind them which deserve a reply.

I've even written in a couple of these posts that although they may be interesting ideas that they shouldn't get their hopes up, others have done this too. I feel that there's no point in joining in these discussions anymore when they don't go anywhere.

A few years ago I made a suggestion and it was acknowledged by Sly that it wasn't something he wanted to do. Fair enough, at least he responded and at least I felt like the time I put into it was acknowledged.

I do feel this site is maintenance only now.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

And of course, the series feature. The last feature I can actually remember being added to the site, which was finally implemented nearly two years ago, in October 2017. And when I say implemented, I mean this infobox was added:
http://imgur.com/CxHxH1i.png

21 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

I still don't know what the thought process was behind this. yeah well here's the list, can't click it though and we'll just show you 3 random games from it 1f606.png

Around a year ago, Sly showed a concept of the series web pages and if I remember correctly, most people weren't a huge fan. I can't seem to find the post now, but that might explain why it has taken so long for the feature to be released.

Overall, I agree that there are numerous features I would love this site to have. On the same hand, it is infinitely better than any other trophy site out there, so I hesitate to complain. Updates are usually well polished and thought through and it's nice not to have a ton of useless features around. Then again, it would be nice to hear from Sly every now and again...

Edit: Found the post. Looks like it was mainly issues with text layouts and not so much the series page in and of itself.

Edited by Aeir_
  • Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly. The autoupdate thing is a real problem. The series feature being half finished is also disappointing. There's countless good suggestions that go ignored but the only one that wasn't requested as far as I can tell, the ratalaika shaming ribbon of effort, is going ahead. At least I think it is. I'm still unsure if it was a suggestion or an announcement

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

"warnings for server shutdowns or unobtainable trophies" aren't a simple change, it's all manually added info and needs people to do this.

Im sure as a community, this would be picked up.

As an aside, I still would like to see a backlog type system where I can select games to put into my own list. Has been submitted by many people.  Other features like showing completed games in the games list when you do a search as well would be nice.  

Edited by JNSpradlin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly Ripper said:

"warnings for server shutdowns or unobtainable trophies" aren't a simple change, it's all manually added info and needs people to do this.

for this point, i've seen plenty of people say they would help with this @Beyondthegrave07 said he'd personally handle it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

To further add to Sly's response about the server shutdowns there is a nice forum page dedicated to exactly this. Everyone posts stuff on here as soon as they find it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

for this point, i've seen plenty of people say they would help with this @Beyondthegrave07 said he'd personally handle it

Yeah, have people report it like the flag team WITH A VALID LINK and I'll add it if it's added as a simple on/off toggle for me.

Or better yet, just have me as an approver and let the change happen automatically.

Can't actually write code myself. ?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

The trophy stack stuff doesn't make sense, it's as easy/automatic as it can get:

88DHTwo.png

Well I don't know about how it's done since I don't have access to it, but this is the post I was thinking of when I said that:

On 17/04/2019 at 2:03 AM, BlindMango said:

Even bigger though, we still don't have everything elegantly connected together on the site for repeat trophy lists because the site was built with the expectation that 1 game = 1 trophy list, mind boggling I know. Try using features on PSN with these list like doing a trophy comparison if you live in America with your friend in Europe, can't be done. Sony broke any future features like that they may have had in mind

7 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Isn't it? This information has been available on this site and others for a long time, similarly to the region tagging. I'd argue that servers shut down and trophies become unobtainable far less frequently than regional lists are added to the site.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Well I don't know about how it's done since I don't have access to it, but this is the post I was thinking of when I said that:

Isn't it? This information has been available on this site and others for a long time, similarly to the region tagging. I'd argue that servers shut down and trophies become unobtainable far less frequently than regional lists are added to the site.

What needs to be added for server shutdowns and unobtainable trophies? A date/reason/URL for info?

2 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

What needs to be added for server shutdowns and unobtainable trophies? A date/reason/URL for info?

Server shutdowns most likely a comment in the game description to the right of the trophies in red.

For unobtainable.  A date and reason line, as well as a URL (optional) would probably suffice.  Also making the trophy itself red outlined would greatly increase visibility.

Edited by JNSpradlin
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

The series page will come soon

I understand why you don’t want to give us an exact date, but could we get something slightly more specific? Like is it within the year at least? I don’t know how to quote posts from different threads on my phone, but I was told soon when I asked in January 2018 as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Sly Ripper said:

For both, it's most important that there's an easily visible warning, firstly.

Specifically for upcoming server shutdowns, I'd have whatever official information is available. That tends to cover the important stuff, such as date and regions.

For unobtainable trophies, the reason they're unobtainable. The vast majority will be permanently unobtainable due to server shutdowns or bugs that were never fixed.But it would be good to have the reason available, in the case of trophies that can be earned on unpatched games or are expected to be fixed in future.

• Like 2

@Sly Ripper I can't help but ask about this PSVR leaderboard, when you mentioned you're going to add it as a platform tag.

What about the many VR titles that can be played without a VR?

Im curious about this logic because the PSVR is not even a platform, its a peripheral thats attached to the PS4 (the platform) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

@Sly Ripper I can't help but ask about this PSVR leaderboard, when you mentioned you're going to add it as a platform tag.

What about the many VR titles that can be played without a VR?

Im curious about this logic because the PSVR is not even a platform, its a peripheral thats attached to the PS4 (the platform) 

We already have games that are on multiple platforms, like Final Fantasy X which has the Vita, PS4, and PS3 tag, so it should be possible to simply add a VR tag on top of the PS4 one and put it in the multiplatform leaderboard?

• Like 2