What's going on with this site?

Just now, MMDE said:

Sending him messages about flags is no good I think. Sly has not been much involved with that. Always been other members who did that stuff.

If Blaze is that dude who PM'd sly and grimy years ago and got incorrectly lifted, then that stuff won't be lifted. Had it been a public dispute now, nobody would have supported lifting it.

Back in the day i got flagged, there wasn't a dispute system, there wasn't any guidance, neither the dispute team was as outlined as it is today. I did the best that was possible back then.

What you are saying about blaze is also irrelevant, because the point is not his dispute being valid, but being ignored in DMs which is the topic being discussed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Still not finished and not a new feature, it's nothing but a bug fix since that doesn't add anything important (a previous ID button is important?), only fixes what would be broken otherwise. I also think 1 per year is really low. One year is a very long time.

It's not a bug fix by any means, because it's not a bug. Patching what is breaking changes to an api, and implementing the new features.

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

It's not a bug fix by any means, because it's not a bug.

It's a lot closer to being a bugfix than it is to being a new feature. Regardless, it's still not fixed since guides and flags aren't transferred to the new user yet. How many weeks has it been now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Well, I messaged him about my premium status, but Mr. Reed didn't read it.

screencapture-forum-pl0kp0.png

Yeah, Sly doesn't read those forum private messages, so don't bother sending them. It will stay unread for weeks or months.

Edited by MMDE

19 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Then he could just turn off his messenger.

He may use it for more personal stuff. You'd do better to contact him the way he has put on pretty much all pages how to contact him, and not complain when he doesn't answer you in some other way.

I understand if the guy is busy most days of the week and he cannot get in contact with a lot of you.

At this point I'll be happy if he got a temporary replacement or someone who can check in this website on a daily basis and respond accordingly.

I looked back on that thread that was made in December 2016 and there are still things that haven't been addressed or even considered. It's been two years and seven months now. It's really a lack of communication, and I fully understand why the OP here is upset because I feel the exact same way.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

On 19 July 2019 at 6:51 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

A problem for one person is not a problem for everyone. Whether that problem is recognised or made to seem unimportant is really a measure of empathy. Some, for example, do not care that a lack of updates make statistics on this site next to worthless. This does not mean everybody can't see there is a reliability problem with the stats, just that some people are here for the forums or just to keep a record of their own trophies without context or comparison and so do not care about it.

The thing is, the people who actually care about trophies are simply manually updating, so we get a more accurate representation of rarity based on the trophy hunting community specifically.

If you want everyone and anyone to count, just use the laughable PSN rarity which is also available on this site.

14 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The thing is, the people who actually care about trophies are simply manually updating, so we get a more accurate representation of rarity based on the trophy hunting community specifically.

If you want everyone and anyone to count, just use the laughable PSN rarity which is also available on this site.

Not everyone and anyone, but the four million people who decided at one point in their life to manually update their profile on PSNP. Heck, lets say 500k of those got updated by a friend or family member, that is still roughly 3.5 million people. As far as I can say right now, even all members of PSNP dont get automatically updated.

You want a accurate representation of the trophy hunter community? Well, wouldnt it be better then, if either all inactive people get deleted so all older games get their accurate stats, or all profiles get updated so all newer games get their accurate stats? What should it be?

My stance:

Just because people, who are in the PSNP database, dont get updated anymore, doesnt mean that they dont earn trophies anymore or dont care about them at all. I've seen dozen of profiles that havent been updated in years and still earned plats and trophies until this day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

I guess what's everyone pointing at is the fact that the stats are no longer uniform across all of the games in PSNP's database. Older games which received data from 4M+ profiles have vastly different rarities compared to recent games. Older games are also not affected as much by this change therefore the numbers are not adjusted accordingly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

I understand if the guy is busy most days of the week and he cannot get in contact with a lot of you.

Cannot or will not? I've messaged @Sly Ripper via PM - no reaction. I've used this option - no reaction. His behaviour is unprofessional, disrespectful and unbecoming for an adult in his late 20s. There's always the option to appoint another admin if he cannot handle the duty all alone.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

I guess what's everyone pointing at is the fact that the stats are no longer uniform across all of the games in PSNP's database. Older games which received data from 4M+ profiles have vastly different rarities compared to recent games. Older games are also not affected as much by this change therefore the numbers are not adjusted accordingly.

This is exactly my issue with trophy rarities and why I think it has to be fixed immediately.

22 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Your obsession with Sly and the way you are bringing up his personal information like this is just creepy, dude. If I was running a website and you started acting like this towards me I wouldn't hesitate in fixing the problem by just removing you from the site entirely.

What the fuck are you talking about?! He is the only one with admin rights and therefor the only person that can solve my issue. Obsession? Dude, please don't use words you don't understand. I really mean that. Just don't. Especially if you don't even know what my case is. ?:facepalm:

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 10:21 AM, Sly Ripper said:

What needs to be added for server shutdowns and unobtainable trophies? A date/reason/URL for info?

I think a good start would be to have the box background in the list surrounding the affected trophy/trophies and platinum in red..."this trophy is no longer obtainable" in red text under the description would be sufficient...clicking on it could link to the unobtainable trophy thread where people could look up the reason it is now impossible if they really wanted to know...hopefully this would make it so that whether you are browsing the trophy list or looking up a guide you could easily identify if the plat/100% are achievable...

I do agree with the users who are saying we are long overdue for some new features/upgrades...i actually disagree with much of what is being asked for but acknowledge that I'm also a minority and that the majority should dictate the direction the site takes if the demands are reasonable and feasible which most of them seem to be...

6 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I think a good start would be to have the box background in the list surrounding the affected trophy/trophies and platinum in red..."this trophy is no longer obtainable" in red text under the description would be sufficient...clicking on it could link to the unobtainable trophy thread where people could look up the reason it is now impossible if they really wanted to know...hopefully this would make it so that whether you are browsing the trophy list or looking up a guide you could easily identify if the plat/100% are achievable...

I do agree with the users who are saying we are long overdue for some new features/upgrades...i actually disagree with much of what is being asked for but acknowledge that I'm also a minority and that the majority should dictate the direction the site takes if the demands are reasonable and feasible which most of them seem to be...

If we go with the "red box" effect, please make it optional. That'd look pretty ugly and messy imo. And hopefully the green banner will overrule it if you earned it before it became impossible.

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

If we go with the "red box" effect, please make it optional. That'd look pretty ugly and messy imo. And hopefully the green banner will overrule it if you earned it before it became impossible.

not sure why it would be seen as messy as the idea would be to mimic the green box now...do you also find the green banners messy and ugly?...and yes, the green would ideally overrule it if earned...

I was imagining a red box on the right side of a game's page that said something like "Warning! This game has trophies which can no longer be unlocked", and then detailing which trophies and why. Maybe above or below the game image and information.

If it's a banner on each individual trophy, people would only see it when they scroll down to look at all the trophies. Something that's clearly visible at a glance would server better as a warning

16 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I was imagining a red box on the right side of a game's page that said something like "Warning! This game has trophies which can no longer be unlocked", and then detailing which trophies and why. Maybe above or below the game image and information.

If it's a banner on each individual trophy, people would only see it when they scroll down to look at all the trophies. Something that's clearly visible at a glance would server better as a warning

I agree that an easily visible header would be a good idea...my only experience with unobtainable labels is on our sister site and I find it makes things really simple...example:

uuzHICA.png

I think the unobtainable thread is very well done so a generic "this trophy/plat/100% is no longer obtainable" linking to it might be more simple than manually editing in reasons/dates/links to each individual game/trophy...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I agree that an easily visible header would be a good idea...my only experience with unobtainable labels is on our sister site and I find it makes things really simple...example:

I think the unobtainable thread is very well done so a generic "this trophy/plat/100% is no longer obtainable" linking to it might be more simple than manually editing in reasons/dates/links to each individual game/trophy...

Dates aren't really relevant most of the time. There are a few cases where trophies can still be unlocked if somebody played online before a certain date. But besides that, unless it's for a game that will have trophies become unobtainable in upcoming patches/server shutdowns, there's no reason to include it. Knowing that a trophy became unobtainable in 2017 doesn't change the fact that I can't get it anymore.

The same goes for links. I'm not sure what information they might have that can't be explained in the reason.

I don't think it's good to force people to navigate through a forum thread for information when it can just be detailed on the page itself