Vic Mignogna case?

Keefie_G

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else was following the Vic Mignona case. I must have watched ten hours of content regarding it in the last 24 hours and I have to say things are definitely getting interesting, especially after watching Monica Rial's Deposition yesterday. I think she's lying.

The whole thing is just a mess and it's just sad that everyone that has worked with him for decades decided to stab him in the back because they are afraid of Twitter mobs. And then you have people that only sort of worked with him joining in the dog piling for brownie points. This situation among others are just proof that sites like Twitter were a mistake and we would be better off without them, along with places like Reset ReshitEra.

Last I heard of anything of it though is that I think Monica's husband tried to rally people by making up stuff that didn't stick and then when Vic brought up a lawyer he backed down. But I guess it doesn't surprise me they still keep trying. I guess the good thing to come out of this is that it shows how scummy some of these people are that worked with him and seeing them get called out is pretty funny because they trip over themselves when anyone starts to question them.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

Funny, I used Twitter all the time. And since I got a job at a coffee shop, it helped me and the coffee shop I worked for really well. Twitter is good to bring awareness to companies.

But point is. Sometimes, the news may be right or wrong. I don't watch or follow the news because it's hard to find out who's telling the truth or not. Also, you have to be wary of what you find on the internet. The internet is almost a reliable source of information. When I said almost, I meant that you shouldn't listen to what random internet person is saying. They can be wrong almost 100% all the time.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, Redgrave said:

This situation among others are just proof that sites like Twitter were a mistake and we would be better off without them

The problem is that they exacerbated what was already a 'soundbite' culture.  No one needs evidence, no one needs a logical argument, everyone just tries to score points with really good one liners.  That's why politics have become such a toxic mess.  If someone actually presents a good counter-argument you and just reply 'lol' and slap them on ignore.  

The online mob is so easy to stir up most rational citizens just want to stay out of the way, even if that means throwing people under the bus   

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MMX20 said:

But point is. Sometimes, the news may be right or wrong. 

This kind of statement annoys me. There is absolutely no reason for news to be wrong. The problem stems back to the idea of the "24-hour" news network, which replaced actual news with opinion pieces and fluff pieces.

4 dies in wildfires. Pretty simple. Cut and dry. Easy to report. 

Climate change to blame for wildfires which kill 4. Not simple. Opinion. Not news.

And this has nothing to do with politics. I am firmly convinced of man-made climate change. But such logical "connections" don't belong on the news. And this isn't a cut against Fox News, either. What they do is no different from CNN, or NBC, or even my local news in Iowa. How many opinion pieces, such as, "It's your money!" or the like do we see from "investigative journalists?

But anyway, I've gone off the rails here. Getting back to the topic at hand:

On 7/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, Keefie_G said:

Body language,  not sure if you watched her Depo but check it out. She also tends to retcon certain points shes made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M23dZ2vI0Q

I don't know about that. Body language is hard to measure.

That being said, I'm not siding for one side or the other. Though honestly, if I consider my own bias, I probably side with Mr. Mignona here. It's too easy to smear people by bringing up events from the distant past. Some of these complaints go as far back as 1989, if I'm reading right. How can anyone defend themselves against word of mouth recalling events from 30 years prior? 

I mean, shit, I didn't grope girls' chests or grab them by the pixel or anything, but I might have smacked a girl on the backside in high school when I was 14 years old (as I was in 1989). Did I sexually harass her? Do I need to defend myself, at the age of 44, against such charges? 

Come to think of it, I know girls smacked me on the backside in high school. One of them is a millionaire now. Should I try for a payday?

• Like 1

I always press X to doubt any and all situations, Take a step back and observe the situation until its finished then comment on the aftermath.

I do find that fact the you can publicize and video record an ongoing court case rather disturbing. On that note I rather hate drama, so f*ck both Vic and Monica for not dealing with this privately.

4 hours ago, BLKChaosDragon said:

I always press X to doubt any and all situations, Take a step back and observe the situation until its finished then comment on the aftermath.

I do find that fact the you can publicize and video record an ongoing court case rather disturbing. On that note I rather hate drama, so f*ck both Vic and Monica for not dealing with this privately.

Considering how fast things escalated it would have basically been impossible to handle things privately even if people and studios Vic worked with didn't publicly denounce him. At the very least Vic has done his best to only give some statements here and there about the situation when asked and give his side of the story. It's Monica and the others like Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel that kept adding fuel to the fire by trying to rally people on social media making up some stories about how suddenly Vic was some kind of evil rapist all along that they for some reason did nothing about for over a decade working with him. And when people start to question that or other things they say, they go on big Twitter rants because their word isn't taken as gospel and make fools of themselves in the process.

16 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Considering how fast things escalated it would have basically been impossible to handle things privately even if people and studios Vic worked with didn't publicly denounce him. At the very least Vic has done his best to only give some statements here and there about the situation when asked and give his side of the story. It's Monica and the others like Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel that kept adding fuel to the fire by trying to rally people on social media making up some stories about how suddenly Vic was some kind of evil rapist all along that they for some reason did nothing about for over a decade working with him. And when people start to question that or other things they say, they go on big Twitter rants because their word isn't taken as gospel and make fools of themselves in the process.

Hmm, I guess so, personally speaking though I'd rather they still kept as quiet as possible about this as its a rather sensitive matter but yeah, as you said it went viral.. but I still think professionallity above all else i feel. That aside,

I still feel that no celebrity...well public figure should be trusted at face value so some healthy amount of skepticism is needed.

Anyhow, its an ongoing thing, Iet's leave it to the court of law to handle. I'll accept what conclusion they come to.

I think he's innocent, but he'll have to show caution in future.

However, I'm disgusted at all the other youtubers who are making constant videos about this case.

YellowFlash, etc, don't care about Vic Mignogna. They only care for the views and the patreon donations.

Edited by thepeaguy
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, Redgrave said:

The whole thing is just a mess and it's just sad that everyone that has worked with him for decades decided to stab him in the back because they are afraid of Twitter mobs. And then you have people that only sort of worked with him joining in the dog piling for brownie points. This situation among others are just proof that sites like Twitter were a mistake and we would be better off without them, along with places like Reset ReshitEra.

The problem is Twitter has been overtaken by Feminist Nazis and practically people who side on the extreme left in politics. 

There’s no convincing these people which is why I gave up on the idea on doing anything on Twitter besides looking up what my friends are up to. Twitter is a big cesspool of hate and mob mentality thrives in it. 

Shame that he’s had to experience all this shit. 

On 7/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, Helmet_time said:

The problem is that they exacerbated what was already a 'soundbite' culture.  No one needs evidence, no one needs a logical argument, everyone just tries to score points with really good one liners.  That's why politics have become such a toxic mess.  If someone actually presents a good counter-argument you and just reply 'lol' and slap them on ignore.  

The online mob is so easy to stir up most rational citizens just want to stay out of the way, even if that means throwing people under the bus   

When it comes to serious political news like Donald Trump and the Vladimir Putin era of Russia posing as a threat, I don’t waste my time listening to random idiots on Twitter. 

Facebook and Instagram are this way too. Full of pointless internet memes that people pulled off from somewhere else and that’s practically their ‘one liners’. And yet this is how people think now and how they get their ideas from. Their ideas of politics and religion come from ridiculous internet memes. 

I get and learn my information from long standing news organizations and follow the news on more neutral centric websites, which sadly are few and far between. Getting your info from memes and one liners that some idiot on Twitter posted is not the way to go about it. The kids of today don’t know any better, which is why that stuff is more popular now than it was in the past. 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, starcrunch061 said:

This kind of statement annoys me. There is absolutely no reason for news to be wrong. The problem stems back to the idea of the "24-hour" news network, which replaced actual news with opinion pieces and fluff pieces.

4 dies in wildfires. Pretty simple. Cut and dry. Easy to report. 

Climate change to blame for wildfires which kill 4. Not simple. Opinion. Not news.

And this has nothing to do with politics. I am firmly convinced of man-made climate change. But such logical "connections" don't belong on the news. And this isn't a cut against Fox News, either. What they do is no different from CNN, or NBC, or even my local news in Iowa. How many opinion pieces, such as, "It's your money!" or the like do we see from "investigative journalists?

That’s what these stations are, and it’s sickening. 

My parents started watching Jon Stewart back in 2004. At that time he was popular and respected because of his ability to put a bit entertainment over political news, or blunders that most people thought was just typical of politicians. We watched his show on Comedy Central for several years. 

As I grew older I realized that the news stations had already turned into a joke. I recall one incident several years ago where Jon Stewart ripped apart Bill O’Reilly on Bills own show on Fox News. It became clear to me that Fox News along with all the other big stations couldn’t give a shit less about reporting the news. It’s all catering to an agenda, and then spend 30 - 60 minutes bitching about the problems while these old farts sit there living in the past. 

ESPN has gone to this format too. Who cares about sports coverage? Just talk about trade deals and Lebron James for 30 minutes. 

Back to topic, I don’t think he deserves the treatment he’s gotten. It’s a sad state of affairs. 

Edited by Spaz