Take the Cannoli

1 hour ago, SirPigFace said:

Do Rockstar come up with the dumbest trophies ever on purpose? I have just finished Take the Cannoli trophy after using the Sea Sparrow method and it had me thinking how the hell would you ever complete this thing legit. 1,000,000 points and the most you can earn is 30 for blowing up a helicopter. Thank you for whoever found this method because without cheats or bugs this would probably take like a year to complete

If you were to destroy one helicopter per minute, it would take roughly 555,5 hours. I have no clue why nobody at Rockstar, at any given point, haven't asked others "guys, are you sure this is a good idea?"

• Like 2

Yup. Was one of the worst trophies I had to grind for, this one. I discovered very late in game what it would entail, and I had already fired quite a few rounds (euphemism). Can't say I have very fond memories of entering the same code for hours on the same roof blowing the same helicopters up again and again. And it's too bad, really, because I otherwise totally loved the game, but due to this trophy, I'm left with mixed feelings [and because I loved it, I couldn't possibly let the trophy list unfinished].

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

If you were to destroy one helicopter per minute, it would take roughly 555,5 hours. I have no clue why nobody at Rockstar, at any given point, haven't asked others "guys, are you sure this is a good idea?"

yeah they clearly dont run anything by each other because GTA V has 2 of the worst trophies ever made too. I think I finished all the missions and my rating was around 4100, its just insane.

3 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Yup. Was one of the worst trophies I had to grind for, this one. I discovered very late in game what it would entail, and I had already fired quite a few rounds (euphemism). Can't say I have very fond memories of entering the same code for hours on the same roof blowing the same helicopters up again and again. And it's too bad, really, because I otherwise totally loved the game, but due to this trophy, I'm left with mixed feelings [and because I loved it, I couldn't possibly let the trophy list unfinished].

I had read about it but I didn't really take much notice about how stupid it actually is until I got around to it ? I went after the packages first, made 2 saves and then completed the story. They took grindy trophies to another level with this one but thank god someone found a way around it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, FaLLeN_717 said:

Which ones are you referring too? I plat it both on PS3 and PS4, but didn’t bother with the DLC trophies on PS4.

He's most likely referring to the PS4 Doomsday Heist DLC Elitist and Masterminds trophies, which would surely rank quite high in a PITA contest.

Edited by KennethMcCormick
damn! I must learn to quote BEFORE posting!
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 2:40 PM, Phantochi said:

Just wondering, how long did it took you to knock this out with the sea sparrow method? This game is in my backlog for ages, never went back to finish it because of this trophy 

the best way to tackle this is starting a fresh save, collecting 80 hidden packages and then shooting the truck with the sea sparrow. You can also use Fast Motion cheat which cuts the time down a lot. I put my controller upside down and left it shooting through the night, I think it takes 4-5 hours with this method.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, FaLLeN_717 said:

Which ones are you referring too? I plat it both on PS3 and PS4, but didn’t bother with the DLC trophies on PS4.

Mastermind and Elitist trophies. Mastermind is a lot worse than Elitist. You are looking at probably 40 hours if you go for Mastermind and thats hoping you dont get reset or something goes wrong for no reason. Elitist you can just leave and restart the mission, the only mission that is annoying is Act III because people think they have to speedrun through it but you have more than enough time if everyone knows what they need to do. I managed to get Elitist Act 1 and 2 done during a Mastermind run but I wouldn't recommend going for it, if you manage to get it done then its a bonus but I would do Mastermind on its own because even though you can quit out it could quite easily bug out and reset you.

Edited by SirPigFace
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

You can use Cars Float on Water cheat to access the other islands while collecting your 80 packages.  And if you cant do cone crazy than you can do vigilante missions to get you 10 mil.  Just get a cop car park it in your garage, start the mission, get out of car and leave the garage.  While the car is protected in the garage use exploding cars cheat.  Rinse and repeat till you get to 10 million.  This will get you your level 12 Vigilante trophy and maybe a couple others as well.

Edited by BemusedNContused
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 27/09/2019 at 3:19 PM, Winds-of-Neptune said:

You can use Cars Float on Water cheat to access the other islands while collecting your 80 packages.  And if you cant do cone crazy than you can do vigilante missions to get you 10 mil.  Just get a cop car park it in your garage, start the mission, get out of car and leave the garage.  While the car is protected in the garage use exploding cars cheat.  Rinse and repeat till you get to 10 million.  This will get you your level 12 Vigilante trophy and maybe a couple others as well.

Didn't know about that, would definetely make things easier. But using the exploding cars cheat, wouldn't fuck up the stats before you even start the sea sparrow method? 

On 12/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, Phantochi said:

Didn't know about that, would definetely make things easier. But using the exploding cars cheat, wouldn't fuck up the stats before you even start the sea sparrow method? 

As long as you dont fire any bullets or get shot at.  So be careful around the mall and the mansion areas.  Do those first when collecting packages in case there are shots fired.

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2019 at 2:29 AM, SirPigFace said:

Do Rockstar come up with the dumbest trophies ever on purpose? I have just finished Take the Cannoli trophy after using the Sea Sparrow method and it had me thinking how the hell would you ever complete this thing legit. 1,000,000 points and the most you can earn is 30 for blowing up a helicopter. Thank you for whoever found this method because without cheats or bugs this would probably take like a year to complete

Yeah. I am convinced this is the most trash trophy I've ever encountered in a video game. Getting this legit simply isn't possible in my opinion. It is if you want to play this continually for a year or two. Who the hell wants to do that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Question about this trophy for those that have done it:

So I was gathering hidden packages, and while on Starfish Island, a cop started randomly chasing a civilian and shot at the civilian twice, missing both times. I checked my stats worried this impacted me, and yes. It says I supposedly fired 2 shots but I KNOW I didn’t. (I started a new game and have not fought/interacted with a gun in my fresh Playthrough).  Am I screwed thanks to those bullets shot by that cop?

1 hour ago, KoeichiHero said:

Question about this trophy for those that have done it:

So I was gathering hidden packages, and while on Starfish Island, a cop started randomly chasing a civilian and shot at the civilian twice, missing both times. I checked my stats worried this impacted me, and yes. It says I supposedly fired 2 shots but I KNOW I didn’t. (I started a new game and have not fought/interacted with a gun in my fresh Playthrough).  Am I screwed thanks to those bullets shot by that cop?

YEP

But i think you are not totally screwed, the grind will take longer, how much longer i really don't know.

Edited by maormaor13

I did the vigilante method to get my 10 million and it worked wonders. I got the 80 packages by jumping through the fence at the dock glitch and took a boat to the other island and got a helicopter. One of the packages was near the army base and they shot at me a couple of times and it counted against me in the stats so it took a little longer. I also did the sea sparrow method and rubber banded the controller and walked away. Good luck everyone!

• 2 years later...

I'm doing this trophy on my current save with the 7 helicopter = 210 points glitch. But I've got trouble keeping the 4 sea sparrows in the garage. The first time I get 210 points, than I lose one sea sparrow in the garage and after a few more tries, I lose another one. Is there a way to keep all 4 of them in the garage?

21 hours ago, DarthPieper said:

I'm doing this trophy on my current save with the 7 helicopter = 210 points glitch. But I've got trouble keeping the 4 sea sparrows in the garage. The first time I get 210 points, than I lose one sea sparrow in the garage and after a few more tries, I lose another one. Is there a way to keep all 4 of them in the garage?

I used this method when I done it. You can afk it over night. Its best to start a fresh save and get 80 hidden packages first. Not sure which version you are playing but I have heard this doesnt work on the newer edition of VC

Collect 100 hidden packages, grab the hunter (helicopter) go to airport area, start the vigilante mission (also called brown thunder mission) , by the time you reach vigilante mission level 45-50, you will get this take the cannoli trophy.

Best thing about this vigilante mission, all the criminal cars just keep spawning in the airport area, you don't have to go anywhere.

I used this method and it will take 1-1.5 hours.

Edited by zulqarmessi

• 4 months later...

I did the following, bit different but worked for me: ?

1. Start New Game

2. Played Cone Crazy to get 8000 dollars to buy a house with a garage. (Swanko? Close to hospital and Police station)

3. Got a police car to farm money. Parked inside the garage, started Vigilante and exploded all cars with the cheat code until I had more than 10 000 000 dollars.

4. Used weapon cheat code. Stole the ambulance, went to the pier 1 door. Shot 100 bullets on the wall. Then, jumped on top of ambulance and jumped through. Waited for a police boat and punched the police officer to death. Drove back to the pier and set the boat on autopilot (rubber band) to shoot the big ship on the pier (yes, the one that belongs to the dude that gave the missions).

5. The accuracy was boosted  to a max reaching Hitman level  (6+ hours or so). I decided to abandon ship on shore… used mini gun to destroy the police boat… GOT TAKE THE CANNOLI AND MAXED LEVEL  GODFATHERACHIEVED ALONG WITH THE PLAT!!! ?

Edited by IRibelligno

1 hour ago, IRibelligno said:

I did the following, bit different but worked for me: 1f62c.png

1. Start New Game

2. Played Cone Crazy to get 8000 dollars to buy a house with a garage. (Swanko? Close to hospital and Police station)

3. Got a police car to farm money. Parked inside the garage, started Vigilante and exploded all cars with the cheat code until I had more than 10 000 000 dollars.

4. Used weapon cheat code. Stole the ambulance, went to the pier 1 door. Shot 100 bullets on the wall. Then, jumped on top of ambulance and jumped through. Waited for a police boat and punched the police officer to death. Drove back to the pier and set the boat on autopilot (rubber band) to shoot the big ship on the pier (yes, the one that belongs to the dude that gave the missions).

5. The accuracy was boosted  to a max reaching Hitman level  (6+ hours or so). I decided to abandon ship on shore… used mini gun to destroy the police boat… GOT TAKE THE CANNOLI AND MAXED LEVEL  GODFATHERACHIEVED ALONG WITH THE PLAT!!! 1f44d.png

Cone Crazy in this version of the game was redundant and no one should do it, but instead, you just do the Vigilante mission from the start by using the garage method, and keep blowing up cars, and climbing the Vigilante ranks and you'll get the cash in no time that way instead; as Cone Crazy is just the worst thing to prep to get the cash.  Obviously you need initial cash for the property, but that can be earned in much easier ways.