Advice for Lorenzo, star at home challenge

Djeheuty

Historical challenges in this game are really hard but doable with practice. But when it comes to “Lorenzo, star at home” at Jerez it felt like it was impossible to achieve, I think Pedrosa AI is somewhat bugged in this one. Even if you do a perfect lap you’ll be just 3.5-3.8 seconds ahead. The easiest way I found was the following: be sure to be ahead of Pedrosa in the long straight and brake a little bit earlier before the turn, staying on the left side of the track, then cut all the way to the right to take the turn. If done correctly Pedrosa will try to the take the inside from behind but he will go wide to avoid touching you, resulting in a big time loss. Then just do the rest of the track as fast as you can and you should be able to earn the gold. It still takes a lot of tries to find the right timing, but it’s the easiest way I found. The first time I did 4.360 (just 4 cents off the time), when I was able to replicate the trick I passed the challenge.

• Like 2

Haha! This was one of the methods I tried over and over. In one of them, I crashed him but wasn't able to be ahead of valentino. When I finally did (6.6s!), my game save crashed and I had to accomplished one more time, this time with 6.0s. I really don't know what's the point here, but is all lucky-based, the AI keeps behind or ahead on the gap whenever it wants.

58 minutes ago, Hotrod_felix said:

Unfortunetly it's all lucky-based. Every video I watched the player was so damm lucky that even with a very bad lap was able to get the gap. One vital tip I give is to turn the ideal trajectory on and obey it as strict as possible. 

Yeah, there are some challenges where I will have a bad lap and end up getting gold and then some like this where I am doing it perfectly and I am a full 1.5 second off. Guess I'll keep going and hope that I eventually get it lol.

10 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

This challenge is ridiculous. I don't fully understand the technique you described. Is there a video showing it anywhere?

Unfortunately I haven’t recorded a video. What’s not clear? I think this challenge is impossible unless Pedrosa makes a mistake. My technique is to induce his mistake by literally cutting him off at the end of the straight while he’s next to try to overtake you. The AI is scripted to avoid contacts at all costs, so he will go really wide on the turn, allowing you to have the gap you need.

2 hours ago, Djeheuty said:

Unfortunately I haven’t recorded a video. What’s not clear? I think this challenge is impossible unless Pedrosa makes a mistake. My technique is to induce his mistake by literally cutting him off at the end of the straight while he’s next to try to overtake you. The AI is scripted to avoid contacts at all costs, so he will go really wide on the turn, allowing you to have the gap you need.

I just can never get him to veer off. Is it just Pedrosa you have to beat by 4.4 seconds btw?

I finally fucking did it but not using the tip you gave. Here's how I did it. Uninstall the game and then reinstall it but don't download the patch so you'll be playing in unpatched version 1.0. On this one you only need to beat Dani Pedrosa and by 4 seconds instead of 4.4 seconds. You also have a total of 3 laps to do it instead of 1. Overall it is much, much easier and I got it on my first try by over 5 seconds doing it this way.

Edited by Banana_Sausage47
Added video.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Djeheuty said:

Wow that’s awesome! It’s surely easier that way, I didn’t know it was different before the patches, it takes a lot of frustration off. Let me know if you find some easy way also for pro career because I suck with pro physics.

I'm struggling with it too. Hopefully they patch it and make it easier. Even if they added ideal trajectory only at corners or allow rewinds, it would make it way more doable.

Edited by Banana_Sausage47
Typo.

22 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

I'm struggling with it too. Hopefully they patch it and make it easier. Even if they added ideal trajectory only at corners or allow rewinds, it would make it way more doable.

I agree just with rewinds would be manageable, but don’t count on it. I sent a ticket to milestone weeks ago asking for rewinds but I doubt they’ll ever do something. They just don’t have enough complains as most people playing motogp either don’t care about trophies or are pros that actually enjoy the mode.

3 hours ago, Djeheuty said:

I agree just with rewinds would be manageable, but don’t count on it. I sent a ticket to milestone weeks ago asking for rewinds but I doubt they’ll ever do something. They just don’t have enough complains as most people playing motogp either don’t care about trophies or are pros that actually enjoy the mode.

I know. Their customer support is laughable. Guaranteed response is "we'll pass it on to the dev team".