Ambush Camp Rush Challenge

BlackTorito

Mandatory challenge topic.

So I actually made it to gold with barely 25,268.

What I can gather is you actually have to chain silent kills while picking a lot of items (you can craft bandages and cocktails on the go), and use R3 a lot to see where enemies and items are.

You will lose your streak about between 60-70 too fast so dont worry, I actually made two streaks. I made my entrance from the back to the right of the map and you should pick the items from the starting point camp to the left so you start building your streak.

You should aim to kill 24/25 marauders without alerting the camp but thats not enough, gold barely gives 5,000. So use the streak points and also use the residue bolts at the end to get a few points, if you use some AK47 guys you may be lucky and even kill a few of the armored guys (which you need to by the way, and they are immune to stealth execution at the exception of the light armored guy at the water platform).

Of course, stealth clearing the camp is incompatible with the speedrun which is 3:30 mins.

Edited by BlackTorito

3 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I think you can residue bolt the light armor guy and its a killing machine.

Not really but you should still do it like on my video.  The best one is the guy with the yellow top (kind of looks like a fighter jet pilot), he spawns in the top left of the map (bottom is start).  

He didn't do well on my gold run but on all others the guy bitch slaps left, right and center. ?

Edited by Fr_0zt

35 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Here it is.... not sure why it didn't record the first minute tho 1f914.png

Yeah I just started and pretty much figured it out. Just ignore the time, just stealth at your leisure, the best combos are picking up items and looting bodies. Just pretty much do the time Challenge on its own, probably just straight up fighting. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

Just got the Gold with a score of 26,110, as of now Global Rank 84.

For my Gold run, I got Gold in Sub-Challenges Camp Ghost & Berserked, Silver in Crafty. There aren't enough enemies to get Berserked and Crafty in the same run, I think it's the same amount of points either way, not sure. I had the Fleur De Lis up to Level 2 equipped, because residue bolts last longer with it.

Overall I have Gold in 3 of 4 Sub-Challenges, no rank for Quick and Painful yet. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

I managed to get the big dude at the start with a residue bolt by shooting him in the nuts. The best one to get though is the enemy in yellow with armour and a gas mask, he managed to take out around 6 or 7 for me before i got gold. I just combined that with the stealth and thrown weapons sub challenge. I think i got around 27 thousand, can't remember.

Edited by KryptonKronos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KryptonKronos said:

I managed to get the big dude at the start with a residue bolt by shooting him in the nuts. The best one to get though is the enemy in yellow with armour and a gas mask, he managed to take out around 6 or 7 for me before i got gold. I just combined that with the stealth and thrown weapons sub challenge. I think i got around 27 thousand, can't remember.

Yeah I did the same thing like halfway through the Challenge, right in the crotch LMAO. He took out 5 guys, then died on his own. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Not really but you should still do it like on my video.  The best one is the guy with the yellow top (kind of looks like a fighter jet pilot), he spawns in the top left of the map (bottom is start).  

He didn't do well on my gold run but on all others the guy bitch slaps left, right and center. 1f44c.png

I already got gold, but thats the guy im referring to as light armor.

OK I just got the Quick And Painful Sub-Challenge with a time of 3:21, now I have Gold in every Challenge and Sub-Challenge. You need to do it in less than 3:30. It's all about Residue Bolts, melee kills and headshots.

Here's my strategy, after sliding to the supplies to the left, I ran where the sniper was and Residue bolted him and his 2 buddies below, so he won't give me problems, let them take out some enemies. Ran back to the beginning and hit big guy a couple times in the head with my machine gun, because of his helmet. They'll be alerted by then, just pick off several of the guys with headshots and anyone who rushes you, kill them with a melee attack, always pick up an ax, machete or pickaxe, if your weapon is weak, get a new one. There's several guys near the beginning on the left a bit in, throw some kind of explosive and molotov, also I headshot the flamethrower and melee attacked the guy in yellow. If you've gotten good on Survive with headshots, this should be pretty easy, just follow the map and go where the red is.

When shooting, do headshots, because it's a fast kill and not wasting time with body shots, allowing them to run away and hide. When close, dodge and melee, when too much damage, take cover and heal if needed. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

I have a very simple strat for quick & painfull. On the far left of the camp, outside by the water, there is a melee weapon that kills everyone one-shot, even the Big guys. I finished in around 2:40, rushing like crazy with that beast of a weapon. ?

Edited by Bearded_Jay
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bearded_Jay said:

I have a very simple strat for quick & painfull. On the far left of the camp, outside by the water, there is a melee weapon that kills everyone one-shot, even the Big guys. I finished on around 2:40, rushing like crazy with that beast of a weapon. 1f606.png

Where exactly is it? Close to the start or back farther? I need to try that out anyways haha. I actually did my run for Quick And Painful the 2nd time I tried, wasn't hard for me. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

I made a small video cause it's kind hard to explain.

What i did was throw a few residue bolts at the guys on the entrance of the camp, went quickly in the water to pick up the melee weapon, and start the massacre !

Edited by Bearded_Jay
  • Like 1

Just got the gold with 27k. This challenge had everything to be fun but the rng required to get all the kills with residue is quite annoying, sometimes one soldier will kill 6 and sometimes the same soldier will kill 1. Apart from that quite an easy one. Maybe the easist so far.

Edit: the gold patch gives +3 bullet penetration

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

This has by far, been the most fun I have had with the challenges so far. I think personally, the hardest one was that horde.

Wish they releases the remaining 3 hordes b2b to get them done once and for all.

I had a Score of around 26,000, but figured I could beat it, after a few tries, I ended up with a final Score of 33,343

It's all about stealth, only get what's needed for residue bolts and some items, leave everything, clear everyone but 1 person. Mark him so you know where he is and leave him alone. Then just start looting bodies, collecting every item, craft when you can so you can collect full items, craft bandages and cocktails so your multiplier won't go down if not near anything to pick up.

I had a couple good Multipliers through the Challenge, but in the end, I ended up picking up everything I could on the map, had a high multiplier of 82x, took about 20 minutes for the whole Challenge, plus with Gold in Sub-Challenges Camp Ghost & Berserked, with Silver in Crafty. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1