Beating Oxide on hard

Is there any trick? The strat in the bosses before was just to get in front of them after the first corner and to stay in the lead, thats not possible because he starts a second earlier. How can you get in front of him without getting hit? This event makes me so angry

Never mind, got it. It just depends on rng. If you get an op powerup at the start than its doable. GG

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

He pretty much has a pattern of weapon usage, the bowling bombs portion is probably being the biggest nuisance on those turns to maintain speed and avoid them. As you mentioned overtaking at the start makes bosses easy but Oxide starts early, so your aim is to overtake early as possible to make things relaxing but you can overtake later but... Eh, might as well make things easy. One of the easiest ways is to get a lead is to hold an Aku-Aku and use it just after or even during the bowling bomb section, then you can easily build up speed/reserves without worrying about the red potions during probably the best section for it (leading to USF shortly after). You'll probably get a huge lead so long as you've overtaken before that USF pad, though it's likely you'll overtake after landing if you haven't already (just stick middle)

If you can't get Aku-Aku then bunny hopping the first turn after the jump (the one immediately after he's done with bowling bombs) and drift boost along the inside then along the outside when it straightens out will typically always avoid potions. Once you 'head outside' stay tighter along the right with drift boosting and he shouldn't potion there either and this is most likely the exact turn you'll overtake him on, then just carry the USF boost that comes after this turn a bunch to get a nice safe lead :D. Likewise if you didn't overtake there, you will when you land just stick to the middle.

I hope some of this... helps? I don't know if I've worded it well but I find it hard to explain driving games so well xD

I got very lucky. I smashed the o button to get items that you drop behind you. I made sure I kept up with him, but dropped items along the line he drove. This meant by lap 2 he was hitting my items. Then it was a case of dropping more items so he would hit them. I also made sure to drop items on the large jump so he would "Fall".  

Edited by Gumby114

Just learn which path he takes and drop traps there, I beat him on 1st try since I remembered his path from the old CTR and just put bottles and nitros where he usually drives to slow him down.

One example, he always takes the right turbo boost pad before the 1st space jump, put a trap there every lap and you will see him fall

Edited by Erkawest