*Spoilers* Regarding Alice

Simber33_

6 minutes ago, Feral said:

I think when his wife left she took the kid so he got an android child to replace the one that was taken.

5 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I assume because he used to have a daughter but she died or because his wife left him and took their daughter with her. Ergo, he bought Alice as a replacement.

Ah that actually makes sense. Now I went back to the scene with the childhood photos, it does seem like the young girl in the picture might not be Alice.

• Like 3

What I wondered even more after finishing it, is why this game's story is full of plotholes? I enjoyed my experience with it, but there are some major problems with the script.

Why does Alice have no LED to indicate she's an android child? And, concerning all the androids: why is there no failsafe built in to stop them from taking off their LEDs in the first place, to stop them from hiding their identity? Why not just intrinsically make the LED part of the head instead of just an external module they can easily rip off?

Why does everyone keep serving her food throughout the game, when androids don't eat? Surely Rose must've recognized the model if she has so much extensive knowledge about androids and helping them. Also pretty hilarious Alice constantly gets served the same dish: spaghetti.

Why is Alice feeling cold explained through the fact that she suddenly has temperature sensitive settings? What purpose does that even serve for an android? None of the other androids ever indicate they can feel the cold or the heat.

I'm sorry, a lot just feels forced and lacks any logic, and the things that are explained, are done so through very far-fetched explanations, such as Kara seeing the ad for a child android early on, but "choosing to not see/acknowledge it". Most of it feels like really poor window dressing to keep the player in the dark up until the very end.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

What I wondered even more after finishing it, is why this game's story is full of plotholes? I enjoyed my experience with it, but there are some major problems with the script.

Why does Alice have no LED to indicate she's an android child? And, concerning all the androids: why is there no failsafe built in to stop them from taking off their LEDs in the first place, to stop them from hiding their identity? Why not just intrinsically make the LED part of the head instead of just an external module they can easily rip off?

Why does everyone keep serving her food throughout the game, when androids don't eat? Surely Rose must've recognized the model if she has so much extensive knowledge about androids and helping them. Also pretty hilarious Alice constantly gets served the same dish: spaghetti.

Why is Alice feeling cold explained through the fact that she suddenly has temperature sensitive settings? What purpose does that even serve for an android? None of the other androids ever indicate they can feel the cold or the heat.

I'm sorry, a lot just feels forced and lacks any logic, and the things that are explained, are done so through very far-fetched explanations, such as Kara seeing the ad for a child android early on, but "choosing to not see/acknowledge it". Most of it feels like really poor window dressing to keep the player in the dark up until the very end.

Virtually all of that is explained in one of the Magazines you pick up later on in the game :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, Charizarzar said:

I didn’t really like this reveal tbh, thought it would’ve been more interesting to show that a human child had more connection to an Android than her own father. 

Agreed, I liked the relationship between both of them from the start but once it revealed to be an android I got so upset and asking myself “why would they do that it was beautiful”

even when she told me she feeling cold later on in the game I’m like: “stfu”

but maybe they revealed that to show us that even Kara knew Alice was an android she still wanted to feel that feeling of been a mother and having a daughter, etc...

• Like 1

On 28/07/2019 at 5:53 PM, SicilianDragon92 said:

Yeah, it seemed to me like a twist just for the sake of having a twist. It’s a shame because the rest of the story was quite well thought through.

It is just a poor twist. For a game where you make the decisions for the characters, the game choosing to hide this info, when it is revealed you as the player from  finding the magazine revealing she is an android, is both poor on a narrative and mechanical level. The twist straight up made me less invested in the remainder of the story. 

On 28/07/2019 at 9:07 PM, Charizarzar said:

I didn’t really like this reveal tbh, thought it would’ve been more interesting to show that a human child had more connection to an Android than her own father. 

it is actually strange they went with this twist because at this point we know that androids can have emotions for one another (the Tracis and Markus/ North). Kara ultimately caring for another android is  of little consequence, and devalues the theme they were going for. I suppose this is why the twist is so bad: it adds nothing to the narrative. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2019 at 0:45 AM, TheManlyMandril said:

Why did Todd have an Android child? Why do the pictures in Todd's house include the mother?

The game will explain if you choose to let Todd alive earlier, and he will shown up at the bus station if you manage to get there..

and it is even better explained there than words here because there's actually more than you can expect.. Todd will be forgiven and Alice and Kara will have a great moment with Todd during that moment.. go ahead and see for yourself..

On 7/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, JoaLoft said:

Todd removed the LED obviously.. because he is looking for replacement and there's no way he will let that annoying LED keeps reminding that Alice is an android.

There is failsafe actually, but once you gone deviant, it will stop working and android will be able to remove them on their free will, Luther's owner explains that already.

Lets just say, Rose doesn't meet any little girl android before and she doesn't know, and that's that, eos.?

The temperature sensor is obviously useful, or else how can they serve their master well, it was even hinted very early in the game when Markus remove the window sheet for Carl to awake, reporting the weather and the temperature. And it might even be needed for sensing human temperature to serve them well during Eden's Club, you know what i meant and i will leave that there for your imagination.?

but i have to admit, the game does have flaws here and there from time to time though.. for example, the bus ticket and the passport, there weren't any prepared for Luther, since his joining aren't expected, and.. that's that.. 2 ticket for 3 doesn't makes sense, and the guards even ignores that.

• 3 weeks later...

Todd removes the LED. In the scene where Alice gives you the key to the box of Alice's in her room - The first drawn picture shows Alice with her head coloured red - showing she was hurt. If you think about the Placement of the LED and Todds behaviour, it makes sense he removed it probably forcefully.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:59 AM, JunPei_TGB said:

but i have to admit, the game does have flaws here and there from time to time though.. for example, the bus ticket and the passport, there weren't any prepared for Luther, since his joining aren't expected, and.. that's that.. 2 ticket for 3 doesn't makes sense, and the guards even ignores that.

They took the tickets from a couple with a child, so there are three tickets. But yeah, there are holes in the plot in many places. 

Just finished this game. The biggest gripe I had with the story was that Connor can get impaled, shot in the head and run over and his memory just got transferred to another Connor. Yet anyone else getting "killed" somehow meant they were dead for good. Surely they could produce new bodies and transfer the memories to that aswell.

Sure, there will be damaged parts in the memory, but the person is pretty much still there.

Edited by Ric

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Just finished this game. The biggest gripe I had with the story was that Connor can get impaled, shot in the head and run over and his memory just got transferred to another Connor. Yet anyone else getting "killed" somehow meant they were dead for good. Surely they could produce new bodies and transfer the memories to that aswell.

Sure, there will be damaged parts in the memory, but the person is pretty much still there.

Connor is essential, CyberLife need him. He's helping solve their biggest problem atm. The others don't matter especially if they're deviant. Besides a regular android's death means their owner needs a new one and that means more money for CyberLife.

Memories/personality aren't important if you consider the android to be just a thing that helps you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20.07.2019 at 6:53 PM, Feral said:

I think when his wife left she took the kid so he got an android child to replace the one that was taken.

Yup. Seems like it.

Gotta say, that was one, big shocking moment. There's a choice to hug her or not afterwards. Human or android, it shouldn't matter to Kara, in my humble opinion.

I kinda knew Alice was and android for the beginning.

When Alice was taking a bath at the motel and Kara was watching the news, Todd told the reporter that his android attacked him and left. He even put some band aid on his head.

Why lie, when the obvious thing to say was the android kidnapped his daughter?

As for why Alice feel cold or have a fever, i think it was mentioned in a magazine, that she was designed that way so the human parents will have a child that needs care or something

1 hour ago, sunashigure1 said:

Yup. Seems like it.

Gotta say, that was one, big shocking moment. There's a choice to hug her or not afterwards. Human or android, it shouldn't matter to Kara, in my humble opinion.

Yeah it was definitely a shock to me. 100% agree with you about Kara. I made them cool because I saw their relationship based on their experiences not on being human or androids.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I kinda knew Alice was and android for the beginning.

When Alice was taking a bath at the motel and Kara was watching the news, Todd told the reporter that his android attacked him and left. He even put some band aid on his head.

Why lie, when the obvious thing to say was the android kidnapped his daughter?

As for why Alice feel cold or have a fever, i think it was mentioned in a magazine, that she was designed that way so the human parents will have a child that needs care or something

Todd might not have wanted anyone to look too closely at him if he said his kid was taken. But yeah it's odd.

Spot on. Plus it makes them seem more human.

Thing that got me after knowing was Alice never asks for food or complains of being hungry. Thought I should've noticed, especially when Rose makes her dinner. She's not really interested even with the fever, she'd still a bit hungry having only eaten once before (when you make dinner as Kara).

• Like 1

On 26/08/2019 at 10:29 PM, Ric said:

Pretty sure at some point Amanda refers to Connor as special and/or unique. I took that to mean he’s more advanced than the others. 

On 8/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, Ric said:

3 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Pretty sure at some point Amanda refers to Connor as special and/or unique. I took that to mean he’s more advanced than the others. 

The game more or less explains this (perhaps depending on the path you took to the end).  **Minor spoilers ahead**

Basically Connor is the latest [prototype] android that was designed to work with police as a representative for Cyberlife and help find deviants.  He is unique.  There is no other android of his kind.  That part is obvious and mentioned throughout the story.  The part that isn't as obvious is that Cyberlife/Amanda basically backdoor into Connor's system/memories so they can control and back-up everything so that if he's destroyed they can put his memories in a new Connor and continue moving forward.  Every scene that plays out with Amanda in the Zen Garden is not in fact real, and happens in a virtual reality.  This is alluded to by the fact that Connor seems to 'wake from a dream-like state' after each of his interactions with her.  There's also a single scene in the game that is not well explained where Connor basically realizes he's being used the whole time and has to essentially 'unplug' himself so he'll truly be free (if you don't, Connor does something really 'bad' right afterward).  This is at the very end of the game, meaning he's essentially their puppet before this point.  But in regards to how he keeps getting resurrected - he is in fact special and has a constant back-up/uplink so his 'memories' (database) are preserved in case anything happens to his body during the investigation.

A lot of details are kinda lost since they're either on magazines or only happen on certain scenes in certain paths. For example the whole Connor resurrection, I think it's when Connor remains as a Machine, he's on a rooftop preparing to snipe the rebellion leader but he's interrupted by a swat team. If you fight the team and lose the Swat captain goes to execute Connor and the message "Uploading Memory" appears on the screen. As everyone above stated Connor is special with a constant link to Cyberlife so his resurrection is possible as long as they want.

With Alice, I think it's mentioned on magazines that parents would remove the LEDs so the child Androids would look as human as possible. Same with them feeling hunger, cold or sick. The whole reason for their existence was as a way for a future parent to train having a child. A magazine would even reveal that it worked too well with birthrates decreasing since those parents would be happy just having the child android.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...