PSNProfiles Discord

Sly Ripper

Won't it boot people this time like it used to? Looks like great news. Maybe I can share some pieces of the code from my bot to be integrated over that bot as well.

EDIT: works fine and I wasn't booted this time. The card feature looks pretty great!

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

Just now, wildwildwest said:

Got the message: ...Mac OS doesn't recognize internet addresses starting with "discord:". Before that "this application cannot read or send messages on your behalf".

Also, never did discord before. Is it actual voices? Do you need a mic? Is there a thread which explains more about it? Like what you talk about and stuff? lol

No mic is needed.

• Like 2

Good to have a official discord! However it now seems more like a replacement on older (outdated) features that existed.

#general -> a sleeker looking chat

#new trophies -> is something what was implemented for facebook and twitter (from what I know of) but again sleeker and more potential for discussions and stuff.

I guess the #announcement could be nice to give site updates.

Is the idea in the end to also have more chats? like for example boosting? I know that the ordinary trophy discord channels have them and it could/ should be nice if this discord also has it imo. But I understand if the idea is to not do that and have this discord purely for site related stuff!

11 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I joined. 1f632.png

I'll make sure to abuse this and post/promote my streams there too

Actually, it would be cool if there was a bot in server that would auto detect people who have registered Twitch accounts and when they go live. Other servers I'm in do this and then either have it announce it to a specific channel set for it, or just move those users to the top of the userlist with their own 'currently streaming' category.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Milanzzo said:

Why there's no invite link in the first post like discordgg/something ?

There's two three links to it. The banner itself at the top and the clickable links (one at the top and one at the bottom).  This discord verifies you're a member here before letting you in, so i presume that's why its not a regular link.

3 hours ago, BlazikieronUS said:

I don't see why this has been made instead of fixing stuff like the game series playlists

That should be coming very soon from what I understand.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JellySoupForever said:

Actually, it would be cool if there was a bot in server that would auto detect people who have registered Twitch accounts and when they go live. Other servers I'm in do this and then either have it announce it to a specific channel set for it, or just move those users to the top of the userlist with their own 'currently streaming' category.

I've already been asked to not do the promoting in the Discord server. I wasn't actually going to do that anyway. I was just going to continue to do it like I have been doing it.

By giving status updates for it.

7 hours ago, BlazikieronUS said:

I definitely don't think this should replace the chat, not everyone wants to download discord or can download it.

Discord is fully usable on your internet browser, no need to download anything, same thing as the site chat. Just have to make a discord account

Edited by SkyMason
  • Like 4