PSNProfiles Discord

Sly Ripper

2 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I've already been asked to not do the promoting in the Discord server. I wasn't actually going to do that anyway. I was just going to continue to do it like I have been doing it.

By giving status updates for it.

The difference would be either having a bot channel that only the report bot can post to or the streamer category that only exists when someone streams and posts nothing to chat.

Also, actually looking up what was said in chat, you were asked not to as a joke. FuwafuwaNeko was the one who asked you not to and admitted right after that it was a reference to a post you made in this thread and was intended to be a joke.

Edited by JellySoupForever
  • Like 1

I joined but I don´t see me using it as much as I used chat.

I do like the commands (missing joke though!), but it´s just to big for me personally.

The only big positive I can think of atm are trophy sessions where you need to talk to set something up, thinking of the Destiny Raids here to be exact.

Because you don´t have to invite someone to your personal discord server or add him/her as a friend. It´s minor stuff for many I guess, but I like to keep my discord friendlist clean.

On the other hand, text chat for me was/is perfectly fine. You can still use it while talking with other friends, it´s easier to translate tnings (at least for me) and it was easy to keep a conversation going in chat (mostly because only 20 people used it, but that was fine for me.)

I´m not against discord, I´ll keep watching how it´ll envolve and what features the community think of and we as a user get in the end. Just a bit sad that it completly replaced chat instead of being an extra option.

17 hours ago, JellySoupForever said:

The difference would be either having a bot channel that only the report bot can post to or the streamer category that only exists when someone streams and posts nothing to chat.

Also, actually looking up what was said in chat, you were asked not to as a joke. FuwafuwaNeko was the one who asked you not to and admitted right after that it was a reference to a post you made in this thread and was intended to be a joke.

I guess I need clarification then.

Can a mod/admin/whoever's in charge tell me and/or let me know if I can post my streams and/or links to them and/or promote them on the Discord channel as well?

6 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I guess I need clarification then.

Can a mod/admin/whoever's in charge tell me and/or let me know if I can post my streams and/or links to them and/or promote them on the Discord channel as well?

There ain't no rules for them parts yet. Post away when appropriate, just don't spam.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2019-07-28 at 2:08 PM, Squarevii87 said:

Can anyone explain me what is discord?

I know it’s a month ago but I’ll answer: Discord is a instant messaging service to the likes of Skype, only better. You can still DM and call individuals, or having a small group to discuss together. The prominent feature are communities called “Servers”. While it’s heavily advertised around gaming, it’s still used by anyone since there are servers centred around basically any interest: video games, tv shows, movies, hobbies, programming, etc. Even many creators and gaming studios create servers so they can interact with their community.

In the case of PSNProfiles, there’s now a Discord server replacing the old chat.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

I don't really do chatrooms, so I'll respectfully not join the discord server. People have their cliques, and that's fine.

I can understand why discord is used as there are no extra costs involved. Mitigate costs, maximise profits - the cardinal rule of business.

Edited by thepeaguy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...