The "Are you kidding?" Trophy is fairly bugged

big_bob002

Just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying.

There's an arena and a trophy for killing 100 enemies.  It goes in rounds and you summon the next wave when you are ready.

Spiders can spawn after you kill the enemies for that round and not count.  That's annoying but not the real issue.

Reading a bunch online it seems the 1st common issue is all enemies you kill stop counting.  The other more common problem is there are no enemies left but the game does not recognize you have finished that round.  From what I gather reading Youtube comments the issue seems to be around these spiders that do not count.

Couple of tips though.  The frying pan is the best weapon in the game and 1h kills everything.  When you enter the arena with a frying pan it should save.  If it doesn't exit the arena and it will definitely save then.

If you die just exit back to the main menu and continue.  This way you don't lose the frying pan.

The left 2 switches summon the lowest amount of enemies.  Make sure you have not been running (there's a hidden stamina bar) before starting a round, alternate between those 2 switches, and as soon as the round starts begin running to get the witches to spawn in front of you so you can deal with them first.

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 2

To make matters worse.

Got to 100 kills.  No trophy.

Did a few more rounds to 111 kills.  No trophy.

Watched the only video on youtube for this and he died at the end, so I started another round and died on purpose.  No trophy.

Continued.  Went to get the last trophy I need besides this.  No 100 kills trophy.

Went and got a replacement frying pan.  Back to the arena.  Did 1 more round in the arena for 4 kills.  No trophy.

The only trophy I need for plat is 100 kills in the arena.  I got 111 kills.  No trophy.

Edit: Got to 92 kills and an enemy knocked me out of bounds which kills you.  Then I got back to 100 kills and the trophy popped within 5 seconds of kill 100.  Deleted the game. 

Frustrating experience with too many issues outside player control.

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know you posted this back in July but this is exactly the issue I'm having. Either the kills stop counting or the game glitches and no more enemies will spawn. The latter is the most common. When this happens its always around the 16-24 enemy mark with me. I can't seem to get past that amount of kills before the game just quits giving me enemies. It's so frustrating because the developer doesn't care about this game at all. I've sent him a message on facebook (where he gave me the code for the game to begin with to cover) and he just never replies. I simple update could solve this problem and make this game a common platinum and more people would buy the stack as well. Just wish I could get this final trophy done. Glad to hear that you finally did.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MyPlanetPlayStation said:

I know you posted this back in July but this is exactly the issue I'm having. Either the kills stop counting or the game glitches and no more enemies will spawn. The latter is the most common. When this happens its always around the 16-24 enemy mark with me. I can't seem to get past that amount of kills before the game just quits giving me enemies. It's so frustrating because the developer doesn't care about this game at all. I've sent him a message on facebook (where he gave me the code for the game to begin with to cover) and he just never replies. I simple update could solve this problem and make this game a common platinum and more people would buy the stack as well. Just wish I could get this final trophy done. Glad to hear that you finally did.

It was weird timing.  July 19 Xbox tweeted about it releasing for them.  July 20 was my posts above.

In my frustration I searched Twitter looking for possible solutions and found the Xbox tweet.  I vented in response to the Xbox one.

The developer got my tweet and still didn't respond.  This is going out to anyone that follows the xbox twitter account.  After I felt like kind of an ahole but I can't believe he didn't try to defend his game in front of any potential Xbox buyers.

• Like 1

This does not surprise me. He did the same with my facebook message. It's just so frustrating to be that close to getting a platinum and so

20 hours ago, big_bob002 said:

It was weird timing.  July 19 Xbox tweeted about it releasing for them.  July 20 was my posts above.

In my frustration I searched Twitter looking for possible solutions and found the Xbox tweet.  I vented in response to the Xbox one.

The developer got my tweet and still didn't respond.  This is going out to anyone that follows the xbox twitter account.  After I felt like kind of an ahole but I can't believe he didn't try to defend his game in front of any potential Xbox buyers.

Did the same to me and its so infuriating. I'm going to keep trying but I'll be damned if I ever go for the stack on this. I cannot stand when developers have what seems to be such a simple fix but just completely washes their hands of the game and walks away. I will definitely be keeping this devs name in my list of game devs to NOT purchase. Not going to reward mediocrity.

• Like 1