Bring the Paine

reiner-

Easy way to get this trophy. 

1: First of all it will require 2 controllers.

2: Before starting the match edit the English team so that you have all the bowlers batting first.

3: Then edit the Australian team and make Handscomb the keeper instead of Paine.

4: Edit the field and have Paine fielding on the boundry straight down the ground. 

5: Simply bowl a standard ball by pressing :cross: then :cross: again. 

6: With the English batsman play the shot early and press :circle:.

Getting this timed right the batsman will hit the ball in the air straight down the ground for an easy catch to Paine. Doing it this way only took about 15 to 20 minutes to get 5 catches. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with this trophy.  I'm playing an Ashes Series as Australia (whole team) and have Tim Paine as my wicket keeper.  In the first match he took 2 catches in the first innings and 3 in the second - no trophy.  He also took 5 catches in the second match and 7 in the third and still no trophy!

Am I missing something, or does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Krsyw said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with this trophy.  I'm playing an Ashes Series as Australia (whole team) and have Tim Paine as my wicket keeper.  In the first match he took 2 catches in the first innings and 3 in the second - no trophy.  He also took 5 catches in the second match and 7 in the third and still no trophy!

Am I missing something, or does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.

Wow that's a lot of catches. For me Paine dropped more catches than he took.

Try moving Paine out of the keeper position and into the field. That worked for me. 

Thanks reiner- - Tim Paine has been an absolute beast behind the stumps for me.

I couldn't work out where to put him to reliably get catches elsewhere and don't have access to a second control pad so can't use that method.  A little more research suggests that only the catches where the targeting circle comes up count towards this trophy, not the direct grabs that spin bowling usually results in.  I'm working on it now, looks like Stark and Cummins are in for some long spells!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krsyw said:

Thanks reiner- - Tim Paine has been an absolute beast behind the stumps for me.

I couldn't work out where to put him to reliably get catches elsewhere and don't have access to a second control pad so can't use that method.  A little more research suggests that only the catches where the targeting circle comes up count towards this trophy, not the direct grabs that spin bowling usually results in.  I'm working on it now, looks like Stark and Cummins are in for some long spells!

Yes this makes sense now because Paine took more than 5 catches for me behind the stumps but I was getting wickets with spin bowlers and being up to the stumps the targeting circle doesn't have time to appear.

Good luck man.

So.....

Last game of the series and Mr Paine took 4 catches with the circle in the first innings, and once he took the first in the second and the trophy didn't pop - I lost my temper.  I only needed to get through the match to retain (was 3-1 up after declaring on 1 and 5 in the fourth game to get through it quicker).  Started playing normally, took the last wicket of the innings with Tim (but it was a quick catch of spin bowling) and the trophy popped.  Not sure if it is related to the fact that Paine took 5 catches in that innings (although the trophy says match), and it still seems a little wonky but at least I have my trophy now!

Onwards to the Plat.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is a bit old now, but for anyone who needs this in the future, I got 10 Paine catches simply by playing as Australia on the easiest difficulty and reduced the timing sliders for AI batters to 0, used a defensive inner ring field, brought the fielders and wicketkeeper up close, then just bowled good length balls. 100% success rate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@reiner- Hey buddy I need a little help. Recently I earned each and every trophy in Cricket 19 but this last Trophy in Cricket's 19 Ultimate pack is not popping up at all named "New Horizons" where you need to play a match in all of the additionally added stadiums. I played in all of them yet the trophy didn't unlock. Am I missing something or doing anything wrong, I created matches Five5 in Play Now and played the matches normally (No 2 controllers method). Please guide and suggest how to achieve this trophy as it is the last trophy to achieve in order to attain 100 % in Cricket 19.

P.S - Do we need to play in all of the additional Stadiums in one sitting?

2 hours ago, Sumaziing said:

@reiner- Hey buddy I need a little help. Recently I earned each and every trophy in Cricket 19 but this last Trophy in Cricket's 19 Ultimate pack is not popping up at all named "New Horizons" where you need to play a match in all of the additionally added stadiums. I played in all of them yet the trophy didn't unlock. Am I missing something or doing anything wrong, I created matches Five5 in Play Now and played the matches normally (No 2 controllers method). Please guide and suggest how to achieve this trophy as it is the last trophy to achieve in order to attain 100 % in Cricket 19.

P.S - Do we need to play in all of the additional Stadiums in one sitting?

Hi mate.

I had the same problem. It turns the new stadiums only count while playing in the CPL competition. 

Achieved it, Na. I played on only 3 stadiums in CPL and the rest was completed in Play Now (FIVE5). It's just that I played on Brian Lara Stadium some 15 days prior before attempting for this trophy. So as soon as I played a match at Brian Lara Stadium. It popped up making it 100% for Cricket 19.