EdwardTheMartyr

Cannot get Damage, Inc.

13 posts in this topic

I have used well over 20 UP Ground Attack airstrikes in the same session in co-op and still no trophy. What did you do to get this trophy to pop?

That trophy is infamously buggy but there's nothing you can do except keep dropping bombs of all types until it finally pops :(.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

That trophy is infamously buggy but there's nothing you can do except keep dropping bombs of all types until it finally pops :(.

I've read that dropping 1 of each type makes it pop. That true?

6 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

This worked for me. You have to beat the entire story to get access to the 20th type of airstrike, but I did that and then stockpiled one of each type, then started co-op mode. I called in all 20 on my main and the trophy popped without issue.

1 minute ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

In some cases it does but for every method that works for one person, it fails to work for a dozen more. There is no one size fits all fix for this bug, thus your 1 and only option is keep playing until it decides to stop being a dick and pop. I got lucky and it popped roughly when it should have me but one of my friends dropped well over a 100 airstrikes before it finally popped for him :(. All of the online trophies in this game are either buggy as hell or only barely work, thus all you can do is cross your fingers and pray that they pop when they are supposed to - else you're in for the ride from hell to get them to actually pop.

Just now, Andrea9281 said:

This worked for me. You have to beat the entire story to get access to the 20th type of airstrike, but I did that and then stockpiled one of each type, then started co-op mode. I called in all 20 on my main and the trophy popped without issue.

There are 20 types?!? Darn, now I gotta play the whole story.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

In some cases it does but for every method that works for one person, it fails to work for a dozen more. There is no one size fits all fix for this bug, thus your 1 and only option is keep playing until it decides to stop being a dick and pop. I got lucky and it popped roughly when it should have me but one of my friends dropped well over a 100 airstrikes before it finally popped for him :(. All of the online trophies in this game are either buggy as hell or only barely work, thus all you can do is cross your fingers and pray that they pop when they are supposed to - else you're in for the ride from hell to get them to actually pop.

Did the game ever crash a lot for you? For me it crashes when I try to complete missions. I may have to uninstall and never update until I go for the trophy.

Just now, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Yes, there are 20 - with the final one being, if my memory is correct, the Nuclear Bunker Buster.

Welp, now I gotta play the game's story twice. Oh well.

1 minute ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Did the game ever crash a lot for you? For me it crashes when I try to complete missions. I may have to uninstall and never update until I go for the trophy.

No crashes for me but it crashed like crazy for a friend of mine, to the point he gave up and never went back. You can't play without the patch and still get trophies, because the 1.03 update is what enables trophies in the first place since this game didn't get trophies until several months after launch.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No crashes for me but it crashed like crazy for a friend of mine, to the point he gave up and never went back. You can't play without the patch and still get trophies, because the 1.03 update is what enables trophies in the first place since this game didn't get trophies until several months after launch.

Was he playing on a slim or super slim PS3? I'm playing it on a super slim.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Was your friend using an American copy?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Was he playing on a slim or super slim PS3? I'm playing it on a super slim.

Was your friend using an American copy?

No idea I'm afraid, because I never asked him but the stability problems are random from what I've researched over the years and aren't specific to any particular model of PS3 or copy of the game.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just to let you know that I tried all 20 and that is not the case. I ended up having to do 75+ bombs for this trophy to unlock.