Cannot get Damage, Inc.

6 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I've read that dropping 1 of each type makes it pop. That true?

This worked for me. You have to beat the entire story to get access to the 20th type of airstrike, but I did that and then stockpiled one of each type, then started co-op mode. I called in all 20 on my main and the trophy popped without issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I've read that dropping 1 of each type makes it pop. That true?

In some cases it does but for every method that works for one person, it fails to work for a dozen more. There is no one size fits all fix for this bug, thus your 1 and only option is keep playing until it decides to stop being a dick and pop. I got lucky and it popped roughly when it should have me but one of my friends dropped well over a 100 airstrikes before it finally popped for him :(. All of the online trophies in this game are either buggy as hell or only barely work, thus all you can do is cross your fingers and pray that they pop when they are supposed to - else you're in for the ride from hell to get them to actually pop.

Just now, Andrea9281 said:

This worked for me. You have to beat the entire story to get access to the 20th type of airstrike, but I did that and then stockpiled one of each type, then started co-op mode. I called in all 20 on my main and the trophy popped without issue.

There are 20 types?!? Darn, now I gotta play the whole story.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

In some cases it does but for every method that works for one person, it fails to work for a dozen more. There is no one size fits all fix for this bug, thus your 1 and only option is keep playing until it decides to stop being a dick and pop. I got lucky and it popped roughly when it should have me but one of my friends dropped well over a 100 airstrikes before it finally popped for him :(. All of the online trophies in this game are either buggy as hell or only barely work, thus all you can do is cross your fingers and pray that they pop when they are supposed to - else you're in for the ride from hell to get them to actually pop.

Did the game ever crash a lot for you? For me it crashes when I try to complete missions. I may have to uninstall and never update until I go for the trophy.

1 minute ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

There are 20 types?!? Darn, now I gotta play the whole story.

Did the game ever crash a lot for you? For me it crashes when I try to complete missions. I may have to uninstall and never update until I go for the trophy.

No crashes for me but it crashed like crazy for a friend of mine, to the point he gave up and never went back. You can't play without the patch and still get trophies, because the 1.03 update is what enables trophies in the first place since this game didn't get trophies until several months after launch.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

No crashes for me but it crashed like crazy for a friend of mine, to the point he gave up and never went back. You can't play without the patch and still get trophies, because the 1.03 update is what enables trophies in the first place since this game didn't get trophies until several months after launch.

Was he playing on a slim or super slim PS3? I'm playing it on a super slim.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Was your friend using an American copy?

4 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Was he playing on a slim or super slim PS3? I'm playing it on a super slim.

Was your friend using an American copy?

No idea I'm afraid, because I never asked him but the stability problems are random from what I've researched over the years and aren't specific to any particular model of PS3 or copy of the game.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My method was my friend dropped around 30 bombs and then I threw one random one and it worked. We tried 20 different airstrikes but it didnt pop so he kept throwing a couple then i was like why not and pop.

Edited by piekeaaa

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 6:26 PM, Shlomo_Sheckles said:

I've helped numerous people (even those who've barely started the game) with this trophy. I have a stockpile of all 20 airstrikes and I'll have the person with me in my session (I always host, otherwise I don't have access to my stockpile) I'll have the person I'm helping do 1 airstrike then I do the rest. It has worked every time and I've helped probably around 7 people. The person I'm helping only has to throw 1 airstrike and witness the others.

Did other people have NAT1 connection, btw?
I wanted to do Mercs while I still can and at best all I can manage is Nat2.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/07/2022 at 11:26 AM, Shlomo_Sheckles said:

I've helped numerous people (even those who've barely started the game) with this trophy. I have a stockpile of all 20 airstrikes and I'll have the person with me in my session (I always host, otherwise I don't have access to my stockpile) I'll have the person I'm helping do 1 airstrike then I do the rest. It has worked every time and I've helped probably around 7 people. The person I'm helping only has to throw 1 airstrike and witness the others.

Any chance you'd be willing to help me out?  MP is all I have left.  I have max of everything, so you don't have to waste your resources on me. If not, no worries! 

The only thing is I'm NAT 2, so I may not even be able to connect anyways.

Edited by zachhero

I just got it while bombing PLAV destroy targets (bombing run, daisy cutter). Trophy popped after calling in the helicopter to pickup a cash pallet near one of the bomb targets

I had my 2nd account loaded into my game.   Previously hit up the UP targets with bombing runs and artillery strikes a few days earlier.

I haven't progressed to pirate faction yet, so finishing game not required

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, biokam said:

In my case, I haven't run a single airstrike in a coop session. @Shlomo_Sheckles was a host. He threw many different airstrikes and trophy popped for me.

I just got the trophy but my partner not, we both used above 20 airstrikes few types but I was a SESSION HOST. Trophy popped when my partner threw airstrike. Maybe those 20 airstrikes has to be thrown by your PARTNER (not by you) but during your session? 

Please tell me who was the HOST in your case? 

Edited by bratMario

7 minutes ago, bratMario said:

I just got the trophy but my partner not, we both used above 20 airstrikes few types but I was a SESSION HOST. Trophy popped when my partner threw airstrike. Maybe those 20 airstrikes has to be thrown by your PARTNER (not by you) but during your session? 

Please tell me who was the HOST in your case? 

He was the host (in my case too).

• Like 1

So lets conclude, to get the trophy:

1. You don't have to be session host

2. You don't have to posses all 20 types of airstrikes. 

3. You don't have to actually even launch any airstrike. 

So I guess the key here is to constantly CHANGE/ROTATE the TYPE of AIRSTRIKE in STOCKPILE before USE. You need just few types (for example 3) to make rotation

I'll try that with my partner soon

Edited by bratMario
My partner just got the trophy. All just we did was: He started game this time, then I joined, then I just COLLECTED (called TRANSPORT) Artillery Strike from the ground then trophy popped for him.
  • Like 1