Cannot get Damage, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 10:40 AM, bratMario said:

So lets conclude, to get the trophy:

1. You don't have to be session host

2. You don't have to posses all 20 types of airstrikes. 

3. You don't have to actually even launch any airstrike. 

So I guess the key here is to constantly CHANGE/ROTATE the TYPE of AIRSTRIKE in STOCKPILE before USE. You need just few types (for example 3) to make rotation

I'll try that with my partner soon

Edit:

My partner just got the trophy. All just we did was: He started game this time, then I joined, then I just COLLECTED (called TRANSPORT) Artillery Strike from the ground then trophy popped for him

That edited section did the trick for me.

Ran through 13 air strikes then alternated 3 until they ran out, went through over 10,000 oil and had my alt account use an Artillery Strike during all of this.

When I ran out of oil again I went back to PMC and had the alt run out and pick up the Bombing Run munition and then it popped.

• Like 1

So here’s one alternative strategy involving cheats that worked for me and if you boost this solo with a second PS3, a second copy of the game and an alt:

Before letting your alt join your main’s game, choose a character and start the story mode with your alt. As soon as that short boat driving sequence is over and you’re on solid ground, press SELECT to bring up the PDA and enter:

L2, R2, R2, L2, R2, L2, L2, R2, R2, R2, L2

to activate cheats. A message will pop up on screen, giving you a warning about cheats disabling stuff like progress, leaderboards etc. Don’t worry, this will only affect your alt and not your main. Now save the game and quit out to the main menu. Then let your alt join your main’s game, and open the PDA of your alt by pressing SELECT again and enter the following button combinations on your D-pad for:

All Airstrikes:

Right, Left, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, Up

Refill fuel:

Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down

Now your alt will have 25 of each airstrike in its stockpile. However, since it’s a new character, it will only be able to launch airstrikes that cost 300 fuel or less. But that wasn’t really a problem as the trophy popped for me without launching all 20 different airstrikes. Launch a few airstrikes with your main too, just to be safe, but do the rest with your alt, rotating between artillery strikes, bombing runs, cluster bombs, precision strikes and whatnot. You need to re-enter the cheat code for refilling your fuel pretty often, but after a few minutes, the trophy should pop for your main sooner than later.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

On 28.9.2022 at 5:34 AM, Prototype1690 said:

So here’s one alternative strategy involving cheats that worked for me and if you boost this solo with a second PS3, a second copy of the game and an alt:

Before letting your alt join your main’s game, choose a character and start the story mode with your alt. As soon as that short boat driving sequence is over and you’re on solid ground, press SELECT to bring up the PDA and enter:

to activate cheats. A message will pop up on screen, giving you a warning about cheats disabling stuff like progress, leaderboards etc. Don’t worry, this will only affect your alt and not your main. Now save the game and quit out to the main menu. Then let your alt join your main’s game, and open the PDA of your alt by pressing SELECT again and enter the following button combinations on your D-pad for:

All Airstrikes:

Refill fuel:

Now your alt will have 25 of each airstrike in its stockpile. However, since it’s a new character, it will only be able to launch airstrikes that cost 300 fuel or less. But that wasn’t really a problem as the trophy popped for me without launching all 20 different airstrikes. Launch a few airstrikes with your main too, just to be safe, but do the rest with your alt, rotating between artillery strikes, bombing runs, cluster bombs, precision strikes and whatnot. You need to re-enter the cheat code for refilling your fuel pretty often, but after a few minutes, the trophy should pop for your main sooner than later.

Hope this helps!

Hi

how often did you have to call the airstrikes?

4 hours ago, BassTekker said:

Hi

how often did you have to call the airstrikes?

I didn’t really keep count, but it felt to me that it was just about 20 of them. Not a whole lot. Maybe 30 but not much more.

But what I noticed is that airstrikes like Tank Buster don’t work if your jet pilot has no targets to hit so that he won’t drop anything and just fly over your head.

Edited by Prototype1690
Grammar mistake
  • Like 2

I finally got my trophy to pop after dropping about 40 airstrikes. It's interesting though because my trophy didn't pop at first. I then went to start another session and as soon as my partner joined (no airstrikes or anything dropped) Damage Inc popped for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-25 at 11:28 AM, SajoAtine said:

When I ran out of oil again I went back to PMC and had the alt run out and pick up the Bombing Run munition and then it popped.

On 2022-09-14 at 2:54 PM, bratMario said:

5. Collecting items triggers autosave that potentially write down counters for used airstrikes and unlocking trophy to pop. 

The combination of these 2 things is what did the trick for me. I had launched over 100 airstrikes to no avail, even having my alt launch a few of them and switching up the types of airstrikes, the trophy was not popping. I did all of this with autosave disabled. So this is what I did to pop it:

1. I quit the session
2. I made a new session and had my alt join
3. Once alt joined, I enabled autosave
4. Without launching a single airstrike, I had my alt go and have Ewan pick up the airstrike near PMC entrance and as soon as he comes to pick it up, the trophy popped for me.

I definitely think autosave is somehow related to updating the stats (I even tried manually saving during the 100 airstrikes I did originally thinking this was the case but it did not work, so I think autosave is key).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2022 at 4:34 AM, Prototype1690 said:

All Airstrikes:

Refill fuel:

Hope this helps!

I tried this but wasn't popping :( unless I'm doing it wrong :(

On 08/10/2022 at 6:08 AM, TheRedMaverick said:

Without launching a single airstrike, I had my alt go and have Ewan pick up the airstrike near PMC entrance and as soon as he comes to pick it up, the trophy popped for me.

Great advice, thank you.

This is what made the trophy pop for me yesterday.

I’d done over 50 airstrikes, but no trophy… as soon as my alt requested a pickup the trophy pinged through immediately.

• Like 2

In my case I tried to launch 20 airstrikes of the same type and it didn't work for me, I hadn't advanced anything in the game other than the first missions, so I decided to continue playing the campaign until I had 10 different airstrikes. Once this was done I went back to PMC and started throwing different airstrikes.

My selection was as follows: 1. Artillery Strike 2. Rocket Artillery Strike 3. Bombing Run 4 . Fuel-Air Bomb 5. Daisy Cutter 6. Carpet Bomb 7. Cluster Bomb 8. Tank Buster 9. Combat Air Patrol 10. Smart Bomb

I made two throws in that order of these 10 different airstrikes and the trophy popped. I hope this information is useful to those who have not yet been able to get this trophy.

• Like 1

Buy 20 strikes. Use 1 as main. Quit out, start a game with an alt. Run the game until the opening villa section using both strikes as your main. Save and quit. 

Host as main. Use another strike. 

Go to bottom of villa and using your alt, request a pick up of the bombing run there. Once request complete - Trophy unlocked.

To say this game is broken is an understatement 

Right i cannot stress this enough. Autosave is MANDATORY. This shit is RNG and different for every player. So this is my advice. Buy a shit tonne of bombing runs. Get fuel to roughly 2000. Use all strikes on main. Pick up strike outside PMC with alt (Trophy might pop here maybe not)

Go into the PMC. RUN the Airstrike challenge and win it. Autosave. 

Quit to menu. Start new save with alt. Use strike with main - Trophy. 

My alt popped the trophy after using only ONE fucking strike, my main used over 150. Before i realised they werent saving until i triggered the games autosave. GOOD LUCK. Took me 4 hours for this poxy trophy. 

• Like 1

I got the trophy today using my second PS3 and an alt to get in the game. I just went to the mission "Get Salano" and at the bottom of the mountain used the bunker buster it gives you to destroy the jeep that is about 100 meters in front of you. Using the airstrike on anything but the bunker at the top of the mountain will automatically fail you. Just try again, rinse and repeat. The second account literally just has to stand there. I did this 11 times and the trophy popped. Took about 10 minutes. Full disclosure I had called in a few airstrikes previously by taking my alt into the challenge at the PMC where you have to get points with airstrikes. I believe I got the trophy at exactly 20 but I am not 100% certain. It could have been 1 or 2 more or less than 20. It definitely did not take me 40 plus times that other people are having issues with. The only note is that my alt did not get the trophy. Hope this helps someone before closure.

• Like 1

hosting with my main account, i connected with my alt account via LAN cable (hell yeag) and launched a buttload of different airstrikes until it popped (probably around 60). mostly artillery strikes (like 40) but i launched a different one every so often, i also launched 4 airstrikes with my alt now and then as well.

the trophy actually popped without me realizing so i threw down airstrikes for an extra 30 minutes.

during all this i died multiple times and used transit multiple times so deaths and loading/transition screens don't matter. i was in free roam and didn't do any missions, i destroyed some buildings so my alt could buy airstrikes.

this is also not the first session i tried this in, i had tried this a previous time (connecting with my alt again) throwing down around 80 airstrikes (again, mostly artillery strikes) so that may have also contributed to the total. so i don't know if the trophy popped from multiple sessions or this session alone.

the only thing different between the 2 sessions was that i mixed up the airstrikes in the 2nd session more frequently. the first session i mostly used artillery strikes.

i also do NOT have all of the airstrikes, i would have used like 8 different ones in the 2nd session. my main account is at 74% completion. my alt is a new save file i made just for the COOP.

i tried to be as thorough as i can in my description. hope it helps.

Edited by PinkGuro
  • Like 2

How I was able to obtain this trophy was by dropping over 20 strikes, marking sure I saved and auto saved. Quit the game and started up a new session, after doing that I used the resource pickup option on the airstrike item to the left after leaving the PMC. It’s so weird because it unlocked right after calling in for a supply pickup.

18 hours ago, DarthUllo said:

Do the airstrike challenge (PMC base) it worked for me.

After we had thrown 40+ airstrikes in the open world. We tried the challenge for a desperate last attempt and it popped after 1 round.

Curious did you have to win the round for it to pop?

Been trying to get this using the methods above with no joy and now I've God of War: Ragnarök sitting in my hand so I'm torn haha

12 hours ago, x-Rhys-v-Mc-x said:

If anyone needs this go outside your pmc and to the right there’s an airstrike, capture it with ewan and it unlocked for me 

It doesn't always work its rng and this trophy unlocks differently for everyone. My alt popped it after throwing 1 strike, took my main over 100

• Like 1