Fastest way ever for XP

VirtualNight

This is maybe so obvious that there isn't a thread for this nor the guide mentions it, so is best that i point this out.

You can move from level 20 to 30 in around 5 minute by simply joining someone else's lobby on Legendary difficult (you must be in World 2, which is mandatory for the platinum trophy anyway), then you just have to focus on surviving and maybe give some support with team skills. Usually the people hosting these lobbies are level 30/300 and have some sort of skill (or whatever it is) that consists in a big spiral killing multiple enemies at once, this gives millions of xp and ultra fast level 30. I saved some hours of grind to level 30 for my Tank and I can move on other charaters. You won't have such luck for the hardcore run since apparently people don't play this, but is still nice to bring to the level you need any other character in the normal campaign.

EDIT: i actually managed to do this trick on Hardcore as well. The first Legendary lobby I found i had been kicked but my XP were saved, then I found also another legendary lobby and I got my level 30 there, it was tricky to survive but I did it.

If you leave, your character will NOT be lost, so I recommend to get like a 1 or 2 levels up, leave, back-up and join back.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 1

Another thing for leveling. Try to leave as many boxes unopened untill you figure out where blue flowers are. Big chunk of xp is coming from boxes. In perfect situation you will have trail of unopened boxes from blue flower to extraction point. The box on extraction is the most important. It gives you big part of your xp. Always try to open last box with blue flower active.

On Legend difficulty, with map cleared and little luck with flower spawn you should easily have 500+ millions even without league bonus. I can't remember if destroying respawn beacons effects just loot, or xp as well. ?

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

To add to this, it's good to play the vault mission, dunno the number. Think this is how I power leveled @Stevieboy through it in both difficulties, although I dropped a few levels on hardcore since my char there wasn't as powerful so it was a much slower process.

I managed to get one captain through all main missions on Legend difficulty in hardcore, but yes it requires bit of farming to get character to 30/300 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMUSBl9EW8

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I can confirm this method of joining other people's games is still a good method. I play at random times of the day and you will find people doing all difficulty types, not a huge number of people I hasten to add, if you are still on the fence of playing, do it now!!! 

I power levelled two guys in other people's games and found some sweet loot, I then just did games on my own to blow through the difficulties on a given level so I can start an open game.  I think I earned about 600 million on one outing, shot me up the ranking. I am so close to diamond now, get that new beam colour, woooooo!!!  Lol. ?