PhantomFear94

Want to 100% Journey in 2019...but the online is putting me off

12 posts in this topic

Hey all

I've played Journey through before on a backup account, and I love it (one of my favourite indies ever). However, as a completionist, I'm averse to putting it onto my main PSN ID without 100%'ing it.

As there is no matchmaking, is there any "informal" way of boosting (i.e. starting the game at the same time as someone else? Is it possible with randoms in 2019? Would appreciate any advise. 

It is definitely possible with randoms. I ran through it the other night and had like 4 people drop in. I didn't even sit down and wait for people to join, it just happened. The game is still active.

Yes, have boosted with others for Journey, both on the PS3/PS4.  Best way is to both of you start in the hub, then enter the snow level at the same time.  You have a 50/50 chance of meeting each other.  Lots of times there is someone waiting on that level just for a player to show up.  

If you want to up your chances of meeting each other, just both jump into the first level (broken bridge) at the same time and play the game.  It is such a short game anyway.

Good luck!

Absolutely, I did it on PS3 earlier this year and there were quite a few players. I never had trouble finding someone, regardless of what level I chose (though I did it on a Saturday).

Hope that helps!

I had the same concerns when I did the PS3 version in July 2017. Took 3 days and a lot of in-game hours, but I got the 100% eventually.

I don't think you need to worry to much playing on PS4 though, because there'll always be people playing a great game like Journey.

Do it on a weekend to maximize you're chances of meeting other players.

Just play the game.

Yes, you can boost the trophies and it's in my opinion more of a pain in the ass than just playing the game.

When I played through it was harder trying to match a specific person than just playing with the random one you get. I remember waiting in the snow for someone to spawn and then just playing through with them. Wasn't that many tries before I got one who lasted the entire rest of the game.

Posted (edited)

Yeah the PS4 version is still very active today. Played through it twice atm. First a  completely blind playthrough since I just wanted to be able to enjoy this beautiful game and I encountered like 6 people along the way, sadly my last partner dissapeared right before the end.

During my second playthrough I wanted to get all the collectibles and other miscellaneous trophies out of the way so I could fully focus on the coop afterwards but I actually immediately encountered someone at the broken bridge who ended up going through the entire game with me, guess he/she was looking for the trophy as well. I don't know if this was extremely lucky to get these trophies done so quickly or not, I expected it to be much more of a pain tbh.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Thanks for the responses guys. I have played through the game before, its insane.

If I WAS to boost, is it as easy as loading up at the start of the Temple at the same time as a friend and hoping for a match? 

2 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Thanks for the responses guys. I have played through the game before, its insane.

If I WAS to boost, is it as easy as loading up at the start of the Temple at the same time as a friend and hoping for a match? 

That should normally work yeah, not 100% of the time but you will probably find eachother soon. 

I read something about meditation and just idling on the ps3. Does that work?

Posted (edited)

As a person who had just three trophies from the list since 2016 and who completed all the remaining trophies in about one day in July of this year, the online trophies are not at all difficult. There are still tons of people playing, and probably looking for the trophies like you.

Edited by niliuscofc