Would you help me to improve my english?

aaronsb3399

I'm looking for someone to do that. I'm Mexican and my english is not the best (probably there are mistakes in this little paragraph), currently I'm going to english classes, but I want to improve my knowledge while I'm playing on my PS4. Could someone of you help me with this?, it would be like just talking while we are playing something and if I say something wrong you correct me or if I have doubts you answer them.

I hope to find someone that wants this but to learn spanish, that would be awesome.

• Like 4

There are a tonne of English language tools and resources online that are more than likely better than one of us teaching you on the side, unless you can find someone qualified or with extremely strong linguistic skills and is tuned into the fact that their language might influence your learning process.

Everyone has different ways of speaking the same language - different uses of slang terms, frequency of swearing, pronouncing words differently etc, so you might find it actually works against how you use the language itself.

I would recommend combining your classes with free learning tools like https://es.duolingo.com/ which is really really good. There are also paid resources like udemy.com and linkedin learning which might help too.

If you do find someone on the site, i hope they treat your learning with respect, responsibility and are nice to you as you learn the language. Buena suerte mi amigo :)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

I don't have the time to do something like this, but I will say this:

Joining English discord servers will help a lot. I know a lot of people in different servers who work on it every day in the chats/text channels and get better every day. You can learn a lot there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheManlyMandril said:

Hey man! I'm actually interested in learning Spanish, so we could help each other out. Your English seems quite good so I don't know how useful I would be, but we can still try!

You would be very useful, trust me, it's not the same writing than speaking. What multiplayer games do you play often?

• 4 years later...

English is definitely a weirder and somewhat more difficult language to learn, As all the languages have the "verb conjugation" format you need to follow to even use certain words (English is excepted from this). There's some really simple ways to get an understanding of a foreign language, such as, watching videos with subtitles in your chosen language you want to learn, it will translate almost everything that is audible by the AI. Or watching YouTube videos to get a better comprehensive mindset on what needs to be done to get better at the language. ChatGPT. A more accurate AI released two years ago. It can be used to answer your questions for anything about understanding languages and can be used as a translation. So, you can use it to interpret words that you don't understand, use the AI to put them in a sentence for you, or use it for asking questions about a foreign language.  Finally, using a translator seems pointless, but, it really helps for understanding words you aren't familiar with, and can help with both writing and pronunciation. Reading articles and books also help, but, its mostly for the "more advanced individuals" so wouldn't say its a decent alternative. Unless you choose to use it as a test to see your current progression in the language

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto

On 7/21/2019 at 3:54 PM, aaronsb3399 said:

I'm looking for someone to do that. I'm Mexican and my english is not the best (probably there are mistakes in this little paragraph), currently I'm going to english classes, but I want to improve my knowledge while I'm playing on my PS4. Could someone of you help me with this?, it would be like just talking while we are playing something and if I say something wrong you correct me or if I have doubts you answer them.

I hope to find someone that wants this but to learn spanish, that would be awesome.

just a real world reminder

some ppl will make fun of u because of your accent/phonetics

don't let them bother u. whenever I hear someone speaking English who clearly has a foreign accent, I immediately think "this person knows at least 1 more language than I do"

keep it up :)

There's always room for improvement, but let me just say you're already way ahead of many people online, even those who speak English as a first language. Far as I can tell, you should be able to communicate effectively on here and elsewhere as you are right now.