You can autopop the level 51 & 61 even if you're max level (no level up)

Hey everyone, forgive me if this is already known but i couldn't find anything on it even in the cross save guide so i just thought I'd share for those interested. I managed to autopop my level 51 and 61 trophies while being at max level (69). As far as i can tell, this should be impossible. Everything I've read says that you need to level up in order to autopop them which obviously is not possible at max level. Thing is; i have no idea why they popped. In case it helps anyone narrow down the answer here's the conditions i had that popped them for me:

1. Joined a friend on my level 69 profile
  2. Killed the raid boss Crawmerax for him
  3. Left the game while still in the Crawmerax area
  4. Joined back in to the same game (i wanted loot for my level 40 lol)
  5. The two trophies for 51 and 61 popped at the character select screen after entering the lobby.

I have no idea why it happened, i had played on the 69 profile for hours both online and offline and never saw the trophies pop since i couldn't level up but doing this managed to do the trick. Not sure if it can be replicated, not even sure what it is that caused it, but feel free to experiment if you really don't want to grind it again. Weirdly enough, this did not work for the level 50 trophy so i still had to grind that out.

If anyone manages to replicate it feel free to let everyone know, I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful to not have to earn another 3 million xp

4 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

I may just be missing the part your referring to but as far as i can see your guide (which has been a big help by the way, thank you) only states that leveling up will cause them to pop, which isn't exactly possible when you're max level. This post is for the sake of those like me at max level who are unable to autopop them by leveling - to report that there seems to be another way to get them outside of leveling.

• 6 months later...

I transferred my ps3 save yesterday when was playing. A weird thing happened when I joined my friend in coop with my level 10 hunter I got the Level 10 trophy automatically. To test it again, I joined his game again with my level 50 siren (also transferred from ps3), and I got the level 50 trophy, but the level 20, 30 and 40 trophies are still locked. So far I've been able to get a bunch of trophies by simply doing the required action once, but others I may have to do the old fashioned way. The DLC trophies have been very inconsistent for me too as when I fast traveled to Jacobs Cove with my 50 Siren, before doing anything all the trophies for that DLC popped automatically (story included), but when I went to the opening areas of Claptrap revolution and General Knoxx I got nothing. But then when I started playing the General Knoxx dlc, doing some of the first side missions, the 3D glasses trophy for the claptrap dlc popped randomly.