Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

13 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

Hello Community

This topic won't let me rest. It's been 4 years now since Big Leagues is unobtainable. I do understand that people are getting flagged because of auto popped trophies in this game, it's completely reasonable. But I think that we should make an exception for this single trophy. 

If you've got every trophy in the game, except for this one, you'll just get this one trophy in the game unlocked if you do run into a hacked Lobby. I think that someone who has earned every other trophy in the game would also be able to get Big Leagues. 

It's just sad for people who were grinding the game and can't get this Ultra Rare Plat just because of Treyarch not patching this. I've seen multiple people with 97% who aren't able to finish this game, that's just not cool. 

I want the people to think about this Situation so that we can find a solution. 

I am total agreement on this one. I literally didn't bother continuing with this game because of this. It is crazy that you get flagged for something out of your control.

1 minute ago, TheYuriG said:

Terrible idea, I vote against it.

Why??

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

This is just another impossible game like hundreds of others, why should this be special? It shouldn't. If you don't want to get your trophies hacked, don't play online with your main account, use an alt. You can immediately shut off your PS3 if you see people using a mod menu, PS3 trophies takes usually 7 seconds to pop. If even that fail, you can just wipe the profile from the PS3 and nuke those trophies out of existence. Allowing people to get this trophy will just make people go after hackers to get the platinum, like it's happening with GTA V at the moment, which also should get flagged for the same reason, although that case is different a little because you could rig the bounties.

I didn't say that it's okay to get every trophy hacked, I was talking About this single one. You can easiely distinguise between someone who has auto popped every trophy and someone who just got one single trophy. 

12 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This is a very slippery slope. If we stop flagging this trophy, then where do we draw the line on other games that contain only a single, impossible trophy like FIFA? What makes this game different than the others?

That's a valid point. Why shouldn't we try to find a solution for this too?

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Irrelevant. You didn't earn the trophy, you don't deserve to have it. It's never ok to hack trophies, doesn't matter if it's one or 51.

So you think that someone who has earned every other trophy in the game wouldn't be able to get this one? It's not like youre hacking the hardest trophy in the game. In my opinion, if you do have all the other trophies, you do deserve this one too.

I messaged Activision and Treyarch every day for over a year on Twitter about this trophy not working. If Treyarch and Activision aren't going to do their jobs and fix it, people wouldn't be doing this. Maybe if they patched it, we wouldn't be talking about this. In my view, if someone joins a hacked lobby for COD Black Ops II and Big Leagues pops, then that's fair. It's not the right thing to do and you shouldn't have to do it that way, but Treyarch/Activision aren't doing the right thing either or even acknowledging the issue.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

So you think that someone who has earned every other trophy in the game wouldn't be able to get this one? It's not like youre hacking the hardest trophy in the game. In my opinion, if you do have all the other trophies, you do deserve this one too.

Absolutely. Should I be able to hack the impossible DLC trophies for Burn Zombie Burn (mind you, literally my only impossible game) just because I can do everything else? Absolutely not.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

There are people who will purposely play GTA V and ask someone to put a bounty on them, myself included. Someone did say that if a white list is implemented then I would get flagged for GTA V but it also lifts the flag on the Little Leagues trophy so if that was the case I'd have to hide GTA V (59 trophies) but it means I could earn the Black Ops II platinum (91 trophies) so I'm on a winning streak either way. 

The guides on this site for RDR encourage you to join a hacked lobby to reach level 50 faster so I do think this is hypocritical when it comes to Black Ops II but I don't make up the rules. I still stand by the belief that if a trophy pops through means of a hacked lobby/hackers then it's not the players fault but if a player does it themselves then they should be flagged but it is a bit of a slope because it just opens up the floodgates for everyone else then.

That's completely right. XP lobbies in RDR wouldn't exist without hackers. If you do get the rank 50 trophy by this, then there was a third party software involved to this. Due to the rules, this would be flaggable, but it isn't. Of course you can tell people you got it legit, there's no way to proove it. 

Where's the line between RDR and BO2 in this Situation?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alihsan621 said:

Where's the line between RDR and BO2 in this Situation?

The inability to pinpoint if it's hacked or not. There are thousands of cheaters on the leaderboards that are impossible to flag because they pop their trophies in a right order. The only way to get Big Leagues is through hackers, that's not the case for RDR.

For me trophy hunting has one simple rule: Do whatever is possible in terms of normal gaming. If developer are to stupid to fix an exploit then GG for the people who auto pop stuff. If developer shut down servers then its your fault for not havng the game on 100%. If one trophy is bugged then its bad luck. By starting to make one exception we end up in hacking trophies is alright and eveybody has every game on 100%. Its simple not fun anymore.

About big league - yea its sad for the people who are just missing that trophy but thats life. Deal with it. I got PS Home when I wasn't a trophy hunter and it will be forever unobtainable for me. Same with pinballistik - 2 trophies are bugged. I would get the 100% if the servers are still up and the trophy is fixed I would get the other 100%. But is that fun ? Nope! That's something I have to live with while hunting trophies and so should the people who can't get big league.

• Like 3

Personal opinion, but COD games are known for hackers/mods and half of the disputes on this site for flagged games all seem to be COD related, I think it's just easier to tarnish them all with the same brush. 

It doesn't bother me to be honest, I'd prefer not to finish Black Ops II personally but I still stand by the belief that if you achieved a trophy that was beyond your control then you shouldn't be punished for it, shit happens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

This thread will be full of a load of guys who were lucky enough to get it legit early on and are more worried about their rarity being affected than what is truly fair on the rest.

Sad but true. Trough out all the threads About this topic, nearly every one who is against this already has the trophy. 

Theres still Giant Accomplishment which keeps people away from completing this game, I dont think that the rarity would be affected that much if we allow people to get Big Leagues. 

16 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

The inability to pinpoint if it's hacked or not. There are thousands of cheaters on the leaderboards that are impossible to flag because they pop their trophies in a right order. The only way to get Big Leagues is through hackers, that's not the case for RDR.

There's a glitch to get the Two Party game Mode trophies in splitscreen. Nobody knows why that is happening, and there could be the possibility that this will also unlock Big Leagues. Can you tell it? No. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

guys who were lucky enough to get it legit early on

Am I lucky to get the trophy over the span of 4 or so years that it was working? This is not even the FIFA 09 case, that was a stupid small window of time to get it.

19 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Agreed, people aren't deliberately doing anything wrong. I personally never got to experience this game online due to this trophy. Why should I get shit and be flagged as a cheat because someone else has hacked the game. This thread will be full of a load of guys who were lucky enough to get it legit early on and are more worried about their rarity being affected than what is truly fair on the rest.

You should get flagged because you know that hackers are playing that game. It's your fault then by playing the innocent. Flagged means having a hacked trophy on your account and I like to compare myself with the ones who haven't got a hacked trophy on their account. Those people can still hunt trophies imo and just accept that they are flagged on psnp. If you place PSNP flag system above trophy hunting then think about trophy hunting in the first place.
The only thing I think is stupid is having no access to boosting sessions with a flagged account

Edited by REAPER4536

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Am I lucky to get the trophy over the span of 4 or so years that it was working? This is not even the FIFA 09 case, that was a stupid small window of time to get it.

That's not the point. Check my old Account Lost_Shadow621, I also got Big Leagues way back when it was still obtainable. 

6 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

If developer shut down servers then its your fault for not havng the game on 100%. 

You Made a valid point, I do agree with your Post, but not with this particular point. How is it my fault when the developers shut down the servers? 

Example: I'm 19 years old. Way back when I was 12, I realy wanted to have Blood on the Sand, but my mother didnt bought me the game because I was too young. Now the online servers are closed. Is it realy my fault that I didn't completed the online mode before the servers got shut down?

• Like 4