Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

15 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Can you elaborate on how this works please? I've never heard of it before. 

Detailed tutorial:

Black Ops 2 has so called “Theater Mode Infections”. These are clips which were modified and uploaded by CFW users. You watch the clip in the theater mode and then get “infected”. There are multiple infections, such as Level 55, Prestige 15, unlock all and there’s even an infection that places you into a division (Master Rank #1).

My theory is: 
• get the theater clip (available for everyone/no CFW needed. Every average player can get them)

• watch it 

• you’re now placed into a division (trophy requirement)

• win 5 games while being placed into a division 

• trophy pops

In my eyes, this is nothing different than the current RLTW method. The hacker who puts a bounty on your head is equal to watching the theater mode clip.

surviving 48 hours is equal to winning 5 games. Still, all of the requirements were fulfilled by the player itself, you’d still have to play and win 5 games in order to get the trophy to pop. 
we even have a similar situation like RDR here. Hacked XP lobbies in RDR aren’t flaggable, bc no one can prove that you’ve used the XP glitch. You could also use the level 55 infection and then hit prestige. This would be a free gold trophy, and no one can prove of you’ve played the game or used the infection. 
I’ll go even further: there are infections for zombies. You can host a lobby, reward every player with god mode / inf points / all weapons etc and get all of the zombies trophies with no effort. No one can tell what you’ve done since the time stamps would be correct and in order. Again, everyone without CFW can do this. 

Edit: @B1rvinestated that RLTW and RDR still could be earned legitimately. Technically, Big Leagues could still be earned legit aswell. The trophy pops after playing 5 games after being placed into a division. So you could acquire a division back in 2013 and win the 5 games in 2020. The trophy would pop without hackers involved. 
You can tell everyone that you’ve got a bounty in 2013 and claimed it now. The same goes for Big Leagues 

Edited by Alihsan621
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

Detailed tutorial:

Black Ops 2 has so called “Theater Mode Infections”. These are clips which were modified and uploaded by CFW users. You watch the clip in the theater mode and then get “infected”. There are multiple infections, such as Level 55, Prestige 15, unlock all and there’s even an infection that places you into a division (Master Rank #1).

My theory is: 
• get the theater clip (available for everyone/no CFW needed. Every average player can get them)

• watch it 

• you’re now placed into a division (trophy requirement)

• win 5 games while being placed into a division 

• trophy pops

In my eyes, this is nothing different than the current RLTW method. The hacker who puts a bounty on your head is equal to watching the theater mode clip.

surviving 48 hours is equal to winning 5 games. Still, all of the requirements were fulfilled by the player itself, you’d still have to play and win 5 games in order to get the trophy to pop. 
we even have a similar situation like RDR here. Hacked XP lobbies in RDR aren’t flaggable, bc no one can prove that you’ve used the XP glitch. You could also use the level 55 infection and then hit prestige. This would be a free gold trophy, and no one can prove of you’ve played the game or used the infection. 
I’ll go even further: there are infections for zombies. You can host a lobby, reward every player with god mode / inf points / all weapons etc and get all of the zombies trophies with no effort. No one can tell what you’ve done since the time stamps would be correct and in order. Again, everyone without CFW can do this. 

There is a difference. In GTA V you have no control over being put as a bounty or not. In this method for BO2, you are actively pursuing the trophy by using modded/cheated means. 

13 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

I’d like everyone to think about this. The CRT has no control over this, basically every non campaign BO2 trophy is available through hacks without anyone notice. I’ll even go that far that the cheat detection system (?) which the mods of the site are able to use wouldn’t be able to detect this. 

1 minute ago, Alihsan621 said:

I’d like everyone to think about this. The CRT has no control over this, basically every non campaign BO2 trophy is available through hacks without anyone notice. I’ll even go that far that the cheat detection system (?) which the mods of the site are able to use wouldn’t be able to detect this. 

So just because the site can't detect some forms of cheating we should just allow cheating altogether, yeah that seems reasonable. It's 1 f*cking trophy, will people just get over it already and stop using mental gymnastics to justify someone else hacking the game for them to get a trophy?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

So just because the site can't detect some forms of cheating we should just allow cheating altogether, yeah that seems reasonable. It's 1 f*cking trophy, will people just get over it already and stop using mental gymnastics to justify someone else hacking the game for them to get a trophy?

I never said that. Please don’t reply to this topic if you don’t have any point at all. I’m getting bored of people not understanding what I’m trying to say and just state that “cheating is bad”.

That's exactly what you implied. "Well people can host an infected zombies lobby and get trophies and psnp would never know" therefore we should also allow this other form of cheating which the site can actually detect. You literally rely on other people hacking their console to get a trophy and yet think you're in the right, and not a cheater, just lmfao at this whole thread ?

• Like 2

People aren't going to get over it because there are still people getting flagged for something that isn't their fault. We are all cheaters in some form or another. Boosting is considered cheating in the eyes of many but not only does this site allow boosters on the leaderboards, it gives you the option to host your own boosting sessions. The site pretty much already allows cheating in some form or another. Not everyone who gets this one trophy sought out a hacker. There are plenty of people who were just playing the game online and somebody did this to them and they should hide their whole game because of it is what they are told? You literally rely on other people to let you win a match or get a specific kill to earn a trophy if you boost a game right?  I think no one here is that innocent. Hackers auto popping this trophy happens to people simply through casual gameplay and they deserve to get punished and be labeled a cheater when they bring it to this site but boosting a game is fair to everyone who obtained the trophy without boosting.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, royal642award said:

People aren't going to get over it because there are still people getting flagged for something that isn't their fault. We are all cheaters in some form or another. Boosting is considered cheating in the eyes of many but not only does this site allow boosters on the leaderboards, it gives you the option to host your own boosting sessions. The site pretty much already allows cheating in some form or another. Not everyone who gets this one trophy sought out a hacker. There are plenty of people who were just playing the game online and somebody did this to them and they should hide their whole game because of it is what they are told? You literally rely on other people to let you win a match or get a specific kill to earn a trophy if you boost a game right?  I think no one here is that innocent. Hackers auto popping this trophy happens to people simply through casual gameplay and they deserve to get punished and be labeled a cheater when they bring it to this site but boosting a game is fair to everyone who obtained the trophy without boosting.

It's 2020, nobody is buying the "Oh it's not my fault, oh I didn't know, oh those pesky hackers" excuse. You're a trophy hunter and you're not gonna check if a game has unobtainable trophies before starting it? It's been 4 years, literally everyone has heard of Run Like the Wind and Big Leagues and the controversies surrounding them. If you're willing to take the risk and still try to get the plat in Black Ops 2 or Gta V you should also accept the potential flag. The disputes are full of people who claim "Oh it was my brother who did this" according to your standards "it's not their fault" and we shouldn't flag them. And no matter what your opinion is on boosting, psnp thinks it is legitimate, you are free to go to any other trophy hunting website with leaderboards that accept cheaters and cfw, you can't have it both ways. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, panikooooos said:

It's 2020, nobody is buying the "Oh it's not my fault, oh I didn't know, oh those pesky hackers" excuse. You're a trophy hunter and you're not gonna check if a game has unobtainable trophies before starting it? It's been 4 years, literally everyone has heard of Run Like the Wind and Big Leagues and the controversies surrounding them. If you're willing to take the risk and still try to get the plat in Black Ops 2 or Gta V you should also accept the potential flag. The disputes are full of people who claim "Oh it was my brother who did this" according to your standards "it's not their fault" and we shouldn't flag them. And no matter what your opinion is on boosting, psnp thinks it is legitimate, you are free to go to any other trophy hunting website with leaderboards that accept cheaters and cfw, you can't have it both ways. 

It’s not worth trying to express a point to these people.

Back to topic, Big Leagues has been unobtainable for a long time now. If someone gets trophies illegitimately from hackers, it’s their own fault. That simple.

Edited by DaivRules
Personal attacks removed to keep post on topic
  • Like 1

Just saying my opinion.

As far as i know, other hacked games are not considered flaggable or at least they stay in the shadows of the "not sure how to deal with". In littlebigplanet series there are online levels created by hackers that can give you all story bubbles and i saw some users without a flag for obtaining all the 4 trophies related to prizes at the same time...and you have to actively choose to join those levels. RDR is another example of hacked lobby, you actively choose to shoot the bodies and max level in 10 mins. I see the same situation with this trophy, considering that we can't fully understand who got it against will or not, so i think it should be whitelisted.

• Like 3

When it comes to the multiplayer trophies that people are looking to earn, the easiest way to avoid hackers would be to use the boosting session here on PSNProfiles and gather a group of people to where you can form 2 teams of 6 and try to find each other in one of the less populated game modes like hardcore or another of the sort. If anyone disconnects, then everyone immediately backs out to prevent randoms who could potentially be hackers from joining in. Sounds painful to do, but that is the only way I see being able to do those trophies in 2020. That removes the need to play the multiplayer. I am surprised no one has thought of that before. As for Big Leagues, that trophy was inevitably doomed to the fate that it is now, along with every other unbotainable online trophy in 2020 and every online trophy that is obtainable now along with every online trophy that ever will be. Trophies are a symbol of what you've done, not what you possibly could do. It is unfortunate that it is unobtainable, but just because Black Ops II is among the most popular games on this site does not exclude it from the rules. If that is the case, then let me find a copy of Gran Turismo 5 and do everything i possibly can do offline and then use CFW to unlock Proud Owner for me. This applies for every game with an unobtainable online trophy. The unfortunate truth is: All online servers will, without exception, eventually close.

4 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

When it comes to the multiplayer trophies that people are looking to earn, the easiest way to avoid hackers would be to use the boosting session here on PSNProfiles and gather a group of people to where you can form 2 teams of 6 and try to find each other in one of the less populated game modes like hardcore or another of the sort. If anyone disconnects, then everyone immediately backs out to prevent randoms who could potentially be hackers from joining in. Sounds painful to do, but that is the only way I see being able to do those trophies in 2020.

This is a primary reason why I won't bother with games like Far Cry 2.

Even Assassins Creed Brotherhood is a big if for me at this point.

More people need to realize that these are old PS3 games from a decade ago. Far Cry 2 is 12 years old and the fact it still has operating servers for multiplayer is pretty damn impressive. No really, I'm impressed with that fact. Virtually all of the EA Sports titles along with the older THQ/2K WWE titles have long dead servers that are shut off.

The last time I played Red Dead Redemption I ran into a bunch of hackers and modders. There was a bug/glitch where shooting dead bodies in a free roam session would net you infinite points. The game was definitely hacked from when I played it back in 2012 - 2013 and the time I was boosting around late 2016. Nowadays I imagine the servers are even worse.

You can set up a Private Free Roam session with your friends, and you can boost all the trophies you have left. It's a shame that it's gotten to that, but that's the safest way now to ensure you won't run into hackers. Believe me I ran into quite a few of them in Public Free Roam, because Rockstar no longer cares about the original Red Dead Redemption anymore.

4 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

If that is the case, then let me find a copy of Gran Turismo 5 and do everything i possibly can do offline and then use CFW to unlock Proud Owner for me. This applies for every game with an unobtainable online trophy. The unfortunate truth is: All online servers will, without exception, eventually close.

Which is why people should do the online ahead of time before the servers do close.

I have no sympathy for people who waited too long for the online trophies in Driveclub. It was entirely their own fault, and if they are completionists, they can just hide the game from their account and keep their high percentage.

3 hours ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

Frankly it's idiotic that a player is punished for something that's no fault of their own. You buy games to play them. I should be able to stick whatever game I want into my console and play it without issue. It's ridiculous to say someone shouldn't be able because the devs are a bunch of lazy jerks who don't police their online.

Do you honestly think Ubisoft really cares about Far Cry 2 at this point? Obviously they care enough to still have their servers up after all these years, I honestly don't know how people can still blame the developers for something like that.

It's an old game. The company has moved on. For the few people who play online in Far Cry 2, they can still have fun in it I guess.

Go play Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 and tell me Rockstar cares about policing their online. They don't. I will agree that a lot of developers are lazy, but we have gone past the point where they should hold a lot of the blame for players running into hackers.

The games being on last gen is another indicator that they don't care. It's the truth, and it startles me that some people can't see that. I can play single player games from 15 years ago just like I could back then. Doesn't affect me or anyone else. But to say that online games should still keep up their online up and running without issues.... there's a lot more that goes on besides just keeping the servers up. Did you think of that when you made your post?

3 hours ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

I spent about a decade getting 100% on WaW. I put the game away so many times and returned to it. I eventually bought the dlc years after I got the plat. It was bs though that I couldn't even play the dlc publically because I might risk having my entire trophy list hidden. Why? Because I wanted to play a game that I paid money for the way it was meant to be played. Go blame the junky dev and stop blaming players.

Again, it's an old game. I don't think Activision cares much for something that came out 12 years ago. I played it back on the Xbox 360 and thought it was decent. I never bothered with the achievements for it.

It's like the idiots who kept complaining that Warhawk had issues, despite the fact that game had online servers up for over a decade. I would like to know what has had people take an entire decade to finish some games. I mean yes, I've had Red Dead Redemption on my list for a long time, but I don't really plan to 100 percent it. I know for a fact that the online servers nowadays aren't like they were when I played it on the PS3 back in 2012 - 2013. That's something people need to learn and adapt to.

If that means going on a Private Free Roam session and boosting some trophies with friends, that's fine. But if you just go on Public Free Roam, you have a chance of running into a hacker. I've run into them myself from past experience.

Edited by Spaz

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Rockstar no longer cares about the original Red Dead Redemption anymore.

It's actually funny that you use RDR as such a big example within your comment, because when Red Dead 2 came out, they actually did a serious cleanup of all the servers. It's practically impossible to find a hacked lobby these days, which is actually kind of frustrating for a lot of people who thought it'd be simple to do after hearing about the mess the servers were for so long. A lot of what you're saying is true, that devs don't really keep up with old PS3 games that should have probably shut off years ago, but Red Dead I think is a poor example here.

11 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

It's actually funny that you use RDR as such a big example within your comment, because when Red Dead 2 came out, they actually did a serious cleanup of all the servers. It's practically impossible to find a hacked lobby these days, which is actually kind of frustrating for a lot of people who thought it'd be simple to do after hearing about the mess the servers were for so long. A lot of what you're saying is true, that devs don't really keep up with old PS3 games that should have probably shut off years ago, but Red Dead I think is a poor example here.

That was only after the multitude of complaints they had.

So are Grand Theft Auto IV and V safe? I don't know.

7 minutes ago, GoldPickle1080 said:

I thought site policy was hiding a trophy list if you got auto popped trophies from a hacked lobby ?

^^ in that case why hasn't most users who got the trophy after it became unobtainable having their trophies hidden or stats adjusted

39 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This is a primary reason why I won't bother with games like Far Cry 2.

Even Assassins Creed Brotherhood is a big if for me at this point.

More people need to realize that these are old PS3 games from a decade ago. Far Cry 2 is 12 years old and the fact it still has operating servers for multiplayer is pretty damn impressive. No really, I'm impressed with that fact. Virtually all of the EA Sports titles along with the older THQ/2K WWE titles have long dead servers that are shut off.

The last time I played Red Dead Redemption I ran into a bunch of hackers and modders. There was a bug/glitch where shooting dead bodies in a free roam session would net you infinite points. The game was definitely hacked from when I played it back in 2012 - 2013 and the time I was boosting around late 2016. Nowadays I imagine the servers are even worse.

You can set up a Private Free Roam session with your friends, and you can boost all the trophies you have left. It's a shame that it's gotten to that, but that's the safest way now to ensure you won't run into hackers. Believe me I ran into quite a few of them in Public Free Roam, because Rockstar no longer cares about the original Red Dead Redemption anymore.

Which is why people should do the online ahead of time before the servers do close.

I have no sympathy for people who waited too long for the online trophies in Driveclub. It was entirely their own fault, and if they are completionists, they can just hide the game from their account and keep their high percentage.

Do you honestly think Ubisoft really cares about Far Cry 2 at this point? Obviously they care enough to still have their servers up after all these years, I honestly don't know how people can still blame the developers for something like that.

It's an old game. The company has moved on. For the few people who play online in Far Cry 2, they can still have fun in it I guess.

Go play Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 and tell me Rockstar cares about policing their online. They don't. I will agree that a lot of developers are lazy, but we have gone past the point where they should hold a lot of the blame for players running into hackers.

The games being on last gen is another indicator that they don't care. It's the truth, and it startles me that some people can't see that. I can play single player games from 15 years ago just like I could back then. Doesn't affect me or anyone else. But to say that online games should still keep up their online up and running without issues.... there's a lot more that goes on besides just keeping the servers up. Did you think of that when you made your post?

Again, it's an old game. I don't think Activision cares much for something that came out 12 years ago. I played it back on the Xbox 360 and thought it was decent. I never bothered with the achievements for it.

It's like the idiots who kept complaining that Warhawk had issues, despite the fact that game had online servers up for over a decade. I would like to know what has had people take an entire decade to finish some games. I mean yes, I've had Red Dead Redemption on my list for a long time, but I don't really plan to 100 percent it. I know for a fact that the online servers nowadays aren't like they were when I played it on the PS3 back in 2012 - 2013. That's something people need to learn and adapt to.

If that means going on a Private Free Roam session and boosting some trophies with friends, that's fine. But if you just go on Public Free Roam, you have a chance of running into a hacker. I've run into them myself from past experience.

I never said I expected them to do anything, but that doesn't suddenly make it the players fault. As you said, Activision just doesn't care. Which is fine, but there's no reason to pass the blame. 

Its simple, you don't want to clean up your servers for old games? Fine. Shut them down. 

I don't expect servers to remain open, and I'm fine not getting 100% on games. I'll likely still play all the Transformers games because I own them all. 

My point is simple, don't blame players for hacked lobbies, and certainly don't insinuate it's their fault "because it's 2020" as OP did condescendingly.

Edited by Joker-Kun890
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

My point is simple, don't blame players for hacked lobbies, and certainly don't insinuate it's their fault "because it's 2020" as OP did condescendingly.

Then they need to do some research ahead of time. If they're willing to take the risk, the call is on them.

My stance on this is I feel no sympathy for people who got a bunch of trophies illegitimately from a hacked lobby, or people who waited too long to obtain all the online trophies when the servers were still up.

The fact of the matter is, these companies do shut down the servers for their games they don't want to clean up.

Edited by Spaz