Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

On 7/22/2019 at 6:00 AM, Alihsan621 said:

Hello Community

This topic won't let me rest. It's been 4 years now since Big Leagues is unobtainable. I do understand that people are getting flagged because of auto popped trophies in this game, it's completely reasonable. But I think that we should make an exception for this single trophy. 

If you've got every trophy in the game, except for this one, you'll just get this one trophy in the game unlocked if you do run into a hacked Lobby. I think that someone who has earned every other trophy in the game would also be able to get Big Leagues. 

It's just sad for people who were grinding the game and can't get this Ultra Rare Plat just because of Treyarch not patching this. I've seen multiple people with 97% who aren't able to finish this game, that's just not cool. 

I want the people to think about this Situation so that we can find a solution. 

No, it is unobtainable. The platinum trophy has more value now. It would be unfair to all the people that have the platinum

• Like 1

On 18.5.2020 at 9:51 AM, Valzentia said:

Likely because Black Ops II is backwards compatible on Xbox One. The XB1 players got sick of the mods, so rather than fixing the vulnerability they just disabled theater mode entirely. As far as I know, PS3's theater mode is still active.

As for Big Leagues, I say we honest to god stop giving a fuck. If that's the last trophy they need then who cares if a modder pops it? They've put in the hard work required to unlock literally every other trophy. Same goes for Run Like The Wind for Grand Theft Auto V; if they put in the effort to pop everything else themselves then who cares if some modder helps them out with Run Like The Wind?

Completionist Addicts who feel hurt in their pride When someone touches their ultra rare platinum trophy.

• Like 2

I can't imagine why anyone would still be putting in the time and effort required to acquire the platinum knowing full well that there is an unobtainable trophy... At this point, you've missed out and if that's the only trophy you need then you really should've done some more research and found out that Big Leagues is unobtainable.

(Quote: Ironloss message above me)

I loved the zombies game mode on this game. I started a new account a few years back and whenever i have free time i am trying to reacquire those loved ones... There are many unobtainable games i really liked (Resistance 2, Cod Black ops 2, Uncharted 2 ) being my favorites. If i could get all trophies legally and then just earn the last trophy (after at least 1 month from all other trophies or at a specific date announced here) in order to avoid being flagged that would be great. Unfortunately looks like this is not possible and i will have to hide the game something that i am not interested in doing. But trust me, i would love to replay the game and earn all trophies again. No it is not the same to just play the zombies mode because it is much more fun and passionate to try and complete the easter eggs to acquire the trophies...

PhoenixPerson_.png

Edited by PhoenixPerson_

It’s clear and obvious at this point that they don't give a shit about the trophies or the game in general. They leave the game online half working properly, don’t bother to punish people for popping these trophies illegitimately, remove another part of the game, but can’t sit down, take a look at what the problem is with league play and fix it? It would probably take them less than three minutes of their day to make this trophy obtainable yet it doesn't cross their minds. Ffs the rest of the game is still playable but they cant fix the damned league play smh The question isn't what will the devs do, the question is what should the site do about this?

If the theater mode actually allowed people to get the trophies for a small time , so many people will go into disputes claiming they got them in that short time and theres no way to tell if they are lying or not if their timestamps are sound. With the mode gone we can't even confirm if it ever worked or not.

If you look at the recent achievers, it seems that the site is already pretty much letting it go unflagged. Hopefully nobody will have to hide it anyway and they will treat it the same way they are treating run like the wind. It just won't count towards to leaderboard points if and when the whitelist feature becomes a thing which is good. I believe people shouldn't have to hide a game because the devs allow this shit show to continue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, royal642award said:

If you look at the recent achievers, it seems that the site is already pretty much letting it go unflagged. Hopefully nobody will have to hide it anyway and they will treat it the same way they are treating run like the wind. It just won't count towards to leaderboard points if and when the whitelist feature becomes a thing which is good. I believe people shouldn't have to hide a game because the devs allow this shit show to continue. 

I gave up on the dream of there ever being a whitelist months ago. 

By following the instructions of this video ANYONE (!) can enable a mod menu in the zombie mode of Black Ops 2.

You basically copy the mod menu from someone, who uploaded a clip with it to the the theater mode. This menu does not only contain stuff like God Mode (which makes the zombie trophies extremely easy), it also has the "Unlock Trophies" option. 

So since this is avaiable for everyone at any time as long as the theater mode works (you don't need a CFW, you don't need to find a hacker, you can it do completely on your own), I think this should be allowed. Of course only to unlock the big leagues trophy as the last trophy, after all other trophies have been earned. 

I mean let's be honest:

- The Vita region glitch is allowed here, although it requires you to install 3rd party data with the email app in the system software. 

This mod menu copy here works only internal for Black Ops 2 and doesn't require any complicated workaround at all. It's super easy and anyone with the game can do it. 

- The usage of secret developer menus to basically cheat trophies like Jack 2 is allowed as well. 

I honestly don't see any difference to this methode here. The "it's unfair for people who did it legit" argument would apply for games like Jack 2 as well, yet those are allowed. It's also just as hard or as easy to copy the mod menu as it is to access secret developer menus. 

- Some people would probably argue that the mod menu isn't part of the game original game. 

Yeah that's true. But let's look at games like Borderlands or Dead Island or Dying Light, where many people used mod guns and invincibility shields that weren't part of the original game as well. 

Also, the data you need to send with the email to do the vita glitch, is also not part of the original system software. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

By following the instructions of this video ANYONE (!) can enable a mod menu in the zombie mode of Black Ops 2.

You basically copy the mod menu from someone, who uploaded a clip with it to the the theater mode. This menu does not only contain stuff like God Mode (which makes the zombie trophies extremely easy), it also has the "Unlock Trophies" option. 

So since this is avaiable for everyone at any time as long as the theater mode works (you don't need a CFW, you don't need to find a hacker, you can it do completely on your own), I think this should be allowed. Of course only to unlock the big leagues trophy as the last trophy, after all other trophies have been earned. 

I mean let's be honest:

- The Vita region glitch is allowed here, although it requires you to install 3rd party data with the email app in the system software. 

This mod menu copy here works only internal for Black Ops 2 and doesn't require any complicated workaround at all. It's super easy and anyone with the game can do it. 

- The usage of secret developer menus to basically cheat trophies like Jack 2 is allowed as well. 

I honestly don't see any difference to this methode here. The "it's unfair for people who did it legit" argument would apply for games like Jack 2 as well, yet those are allowed. It's also just as hard or as easy to copy the mod menu as it is to access secret developer menus. 

- Some people would probably argue that the mod menu isn't part of the game original game. 

Yeah that's true. But let's look at games like Borderlands or Dead Island or Dying Light, where many people used mod guns and invincibility shields that weren't part of the original game as well. 

Also, the data you need to send with the email to do the vita glitch, is also not part of the original system software. 

I think theater mode was taken out , but I agree if there was a way available that literally anyone could do without hacking ,how is that different to a debug menu that is allowed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Sims 4 using user created families (essentially saves) to earn most of the trophies really fast is also allowed for some reason.

• Like 3

Just now, charxsetsuna said:

I think theater mode was taken out , but I agree if there was a way available that literally anyone could do without hacking ,how is that different to a debug menu that is allowed.

It's not taken out. I tested it on a secondary account (as you see I don't have the game in my account. And as long as it isn't 100%able, I have no interest to add it to my profile). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Are leaderboards the only thing you'll get banned from if a modder autopops this?

Yes, all other features of the site are still available if you are removed from the leaderboards. 

36 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

You basically copy the mod menu from someone, who uploaded a clip with it to the the theater mode.

You copy the menu from someone else who used CFW to first obtain the mod menu and so since anyone can do that, it should be okay? That’s a bit like saying anyone can load CFW so it should be allowed. 

37 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The Vita region glitch is allowed here, although it requires you to install 3rd party data with the email app in the system software. 

There is nothing installed with the Vita region trick. It’s an email attachment that can be written out manually with the keyboard if you choose. No external data necessary. 

44 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You copy the menu from someone else who used CFW to first obtain the mod menu and so since anyone can do that, it should be okay? That’s a bit like saying anyone can load CFW so it should be allowed. 

No one has a problem with people using modded equip in games like Borderlands. So I don't see a problem at all. It's pretty much the same thing. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

No one has a problem with people using modded equip in games like Borderlands. So I don't see a problem at all. It's pretty much the same thing. 

Just because some people hack and cheat doesn't mean we need to encourage others to do it so well.

None of the Borderlands games are hard either, if given a hacked god weapon why not just toss it and do it legit?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Yes, all other features of the site are still available if you are removed from the leaderboards. 

Okay, that's good to know. I don't really care about the leaderboard at all, so I don't have to worry about playing on public lobbies

• Like 1

I got flagged one year ago because I got the Big Leagues trophy and some other trophies when playing online. A Hacker gave them to me.

But i had the hardest trophies done by myself and a good Team of zombie players. (I did all Zombies trophies before legit).

And it SUCKS SO HARD for me that I have to hide this game. ITS A SHAME. It was one of my first PS3 Games and one of my first games where i ever got trophies. I put a lot of time in this game and now for what...? TO HIDE IT. But i dont want to. I am proud of my trophies in my favorite Call Of Duty Franchise -> Black Ops.

I have BO3 and BO4 100% and in a few weeks I will have BO1 100% too. Again, IT SUCKS so hard for me that I have to hide it...

And now my question: I got flagged ONE DAY after I got the Big Leagues Trophy..

SO WHY THE HELL YOU DONT FLAG THE OTHERS? So many people get the trophy week for week. I can not understand this

Can someone Explain?

It would be fair to flag EVERYBODY.

And if not, please take the flag away from me!

Greetz.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I believe the arguement for borderlands modded equipment is that, technically, you still have to perform the actions for the trophy requirements.  Nothing gets autopopped

Edited by AJ_-_808