Alihsan621

Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

528 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, CriesOfFurya said:

The first part oversimplifies things a bit too much. First of all, the shutdown of this game mode was never announced, unlike other proper server shutdowns.

 

Second of all, you are saying you just didn't get a PS3 even if you could've. You always have to consider some factors when something like this gets announced (or doesn't):

 

1. Time: Sometimes the time frame for something like Warhawk is too short for some people to even finish it in that time, because they are working, supporting a family, having different hobbies they can't just completely drop or maybe they are also trying to go for other games at the time that were also planned. 

 

2. Money: Self-explanatory. Not everyone might be in a position to just jump onto any game they would like to do at any time. 

 

3. Information: Only very few threads on the internet will warm you about server shutdowns and sometimes they don't even get updated and people found out because of the Twitter post of a publisher or so. Unless you are a very well connected gamer with information like these, you might even miss out on something, solely because no one told you/ you didn't see it anywhere in time.

 

4. Luck: Maybe you just departed on your honeymoon for 2 weeks and they just announced the shutdown for a FIFA challenge trophy in a week from now. You would have to play 10mins to get it done, but obviously you will have no way of doing that.

Also maybe your account didn't even exist when this shutdown was a thing. So why should we stop trying to go for unobtainable games when we as a community even have things like Gonespy? Genuinely bringing back shutdown servers, just so we can go for it again. This one is no different, other than that the method of obtaining it is not ideal, I know that myself. However I'm positive that it's a good thing to bring unobtainable games back, if we can.

 

For this one we would just have to slightly change the parameters, similar how the trophy hunter community accepted glitches, downgrading methods, proxies, the Vita region glitch and some elitist might even complain about boosting. If you try hard enough, you could pretty much hate on anything someone else does. 

 

But like I said many times in here now and many others too, this is just about getting this damn trophy in an extremely specific situation, not justifying hacking in every possible way like we are opening Pandora's box here or something. 

Alot for these games for PS3 era getting closed or locked out have been available to the public for 9+years in most cases. And with some cases like Fifa or PES closing parts of their online is expected every year now. My point stays the same I was making. If you purposefully wait on finishing trophies you could've done throughout a whole year that only takes "ten minutes" or sometimes even a hour to complete why whine and complain because you were late to the party? The game as out, people finished it. If you couldn't put down Call of Duty for a day or not wait a week to play a single player game that will be the same even ten years later. That's on you. A game developer isn't required to keep things running just because you gotta make excuses about how you can't handle adjusting things in your own life. The world moves even your standing still line badicslly.

 

Plus I seriously hope no one ever has to debate the value of their own honeymoon over a single digital picture that possibly even 20 years from now might not even exist. (I always wonder for some that legitimately try to take it that seriously do they ever even think that one day Sony could cut support for trophies and their entire list could be essentially made obsolete?)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can they fucking pop my Giant Accomplishment trophy?

thats all i need for The BO2 platinum

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Alot for these games for PS3 era getting closed or locked out have been available to the public for 9+years in most cases. And with some cases like Fifa or PES closing parts of their online is expected every year now. My point stays the same I was making. If you purposefully wait on finishing trophies you could've done throughout a whole year that only takes "ten minutes" or sometimes even a hour to complete why whine and complain because you were late to the party? The game as out, people finished it. If you couldn't put down Call of Duty for a day or not wait a week to play a single player game that will be the same even ten years later. That's on you. A game developer isn't required to keep things running just because you gotta make excuses about how you can't handle adjusting things in your own life. The world moves even your standing still line badicslly.

 

Plus I seriously hope no one ever has to debate the value of their own honeymoon over a single digital picture that possibly even 20 years from now might not even exist. (I always wonder for some that legitimately try to take it that seriously do they ever even think that one day Sony could cut support for trophies and their entire list could be essentially made obsolete?)

 

How are they gonna cut support for trophies? Trophies are installed in the firmware and every single game that is made for playstation consoles to this day has them. Every game that comes out from this point on will have trophies. Period. They can’t even give us the option to delete our damn lists for games like this so people don’t have to hide this in the first place and have a fugly blue H on their profile. If they can’t even do that i doubt they would cut trophies out completely. Its very likely in 20 years ill still be able to insert this game into my ps3 and earn trophies for it. Seriously, I'm asking just out of curiosity because i miss playing games when trophies weren’t even a thing. What do you honestly think they are gonna do? They don't give a damn about their own trophy system. 

Edited by royal642award
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, royal642award said:

 

How are they gonna cut support for trophies? Trophies are installed in the firmware and every single game that is made for playstation consoles to this day has them. Every game that comes out from this point on will have trophies. Period. They can’t even give us the option to delete our damn lists for games like this so people don’t have to hide this in the first place and have a fugly blue H on their profile. If they can’t even do that i doubt they would cut trophies out completely. Its very likely in 20 years ill still be able to insert this game into my ps3 and earn trophies for it. Seriously, I'm asking just out of curiosity because i miss playing games when trophies weren’t even a thing. What do you honestly think they are gonna do? They don't give a damn about their own trophy system. 

It's a hypothetical and trophies can be removed from their use at any time they aren't a hard feature. Plus between them removing access to Linux support, Facebook integration even before it's clear Sony can remove features even if almost hard-coded right in.  But I'm stating that realistically 20 years from now we don't know the state of consoles. Something could happen and they might not even be around anymore, they could have a new devs or boards that don't care to keep trophies maybe they will move to another system. Or maybe older systems such as the PS3 and PS4 by that time and how they tracked or recorded trophies will be no longer accessible online anymore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a difficult one. On the one side the trophy is not obtainable but when I play a game online then I do not expect that trophies are being unlocked by other players in the online portion of a game. On PS3 you could potentially delete your profile but what happens when this will happen on ps4 with the autosync? Players will be punished for something they don't have control over. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

This is a difficult one. On the one side the trophy is not obtainable but when I play a game online then I do not expect that trophies are being unlocked by other players in the online portion of a game. On PS3 you could potentially delete your profile but what happens when this will happen on ps4 with the autosync? Players will be punished for something they don't have control over. 

 

No worries, the site will start telling you what games you can't play online basically like they are doing now with this one. :D

 

i shouldn't be forced to delete a user i created or create another to enjoy a game i bought regardless of when it came out, the state of the servers, or the incompetence of the devs. That’s exactly what they are doing is telling me not to play this game online with my main account unless i delete the user if my trophies get hacked. It won’t be long before that turns into don’t play the game at all unless you have 100% on the game. 

Edited by royal642award
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, royal642award said:

 

No worries, the site will start telling you what games you can't play online basically like they are doing now with this one. :D

 

i shouldn't be forced to delete a user i created or create another to enjoy a game i bought regardless of when it came out, the state of the servers, or the incompetence of the devs. That’s exactly what they are doing is telling me not to play this game online with my main account unless i delete the user if my trophies get hacked. It won’t be long before that turns into don’t play the game at all unless you have 100% on the game. 

Theres always alt accounts I guess, but you shouldnt be forced to use a alt account.

 

Does only doing private matches help avoid the hackers? It would be annoying to have to boost every single online match when I've heard matchmaking is still fairly active. The delete user trick is not as well known as people on this site thinks it is and highly inconvenient.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The dispute forums are turning into the flagged cod games forums, I should probably make a image to post everytime big leagues or a modded cod lobby dispute pops up.  It would get a lot of use and I could farm reputation off it.

 

Jokes aside this is getting ridiculous , anyways I'm off to photo edit a image totally unrelated to psnprofiles 😜

 

 

Edited by charxsetsuna
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does the flagging team ever get tired of cod? I mean your right, the majority of disputes on this website are obviously cod related. How many other games have this problem with hackers auto popping trophies? I’ve never had to deal with this kind of activity on any other game. Its not like letting this one trophy go unflagged is even comparable to any other game with one single unobtainable trophy. Like bfbc1 for example, when has there ever been a dispute where someone has claimed some hacker auto popped “with my devil dogs”. Theres an example of a game with one unobtainable trophy. Most games have unobtainables because of server shut downs/glitches, or some other reason. This game in particular has its servers still up but league play isn't working right. People still play the mp and you could randomly wind up in a hacked lobby at any given time. Its not a slippery slope at all. If they let this game go unflagged, watch how many of the disputes they have to go through. The number of flags on the website will substantially decrease and the players who did nothing but play the games mp on their main account won't be punished for something the devs are responsible for allowing to happen. Nobody is going to make threads like this on other games like bfbc1 allowing an unobtainable trophy to go unflagged because there is nobody auto popping other peoples trophies in that game. 

Edited by royal642award
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, royal642award said:

Does the flagging team ever get tired of cod? I mean your right, the majority of disputes on this website are obviously cod related. How many other games have this problem with hackers auto popping trophies? I’ve never had to deal with this kind of activity on any other game. Its not like letting this one trophy go unflagged is even comparable to any other game with one single unobtainable trophy. Like bfbc1 for example, when has there ever been a dispute where someone has claimed some hacker auto popped “with my devil dogs”. Theres an example of a game with one unobtainable trophy. Most games have unobtainables because of server shut downs/glitches, or some other reason. This game in particular has its servers still up but league play isn't working right. People still play the mp and you could randomly wind up in a hacked lobby at any given time. Its not a slippery slope at all. If they let this game go unflagged, watch how many of the disputes they have to go through. The number of flags on the website will substantially decrease and the players who did nothing but play the games mp on their main account won't be punished for something the devs are responsible for allowing to happen. Nobody is going to make threads like this on other games like bfbc1 allowing an unobtainable trophy to go unflagged because there is nobody auto popping other peoples trophies in that game. 

 

So then the question becomes: Why would you want to be on a leaderboard (that is supposed to be a competition for people who have obtained their trophies without modding) if you just allow people who have modded trophies onto the leaderboard?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

So then the question becomes: Why would you want to be on a leaderboard (that is supposed to be a competition for people who have obtained their trophies without modding) if you just allow people who have modded trophies onto the leaderboard?

The leaderboards aren't legit in the first place and never will be ,  people who are good enough at cfw just don't get caught.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, charxsetsuna said:

The leaderboards aren't legit in the first place and never will be ,  people who are good enough at cfw just don't get caught.

 

So the leaderboards shouldn't make any attempt to be legitimate and should just be removed? Then there wouldn't be flags to complain about and this would all be solved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

So the leaderboards shouldn't make any attempt to be legitimate and should just be removed? Then there wouldn't be flags to complain about and this would all be solved.

I'm not saying that, we should make a attempt but letting big leagues get whitelisted won't break the leaderboards.

And you could argue that the theater mode exploit is now a part of the game like how red dead was considered part of the game back when it worked.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

I'm not saying that, we should make a attempt but letting big leagues get whitelisted won't break the leaderboards.

And you could argue that the theater mode exploit is now a part of the game like how red dead was considered part of the game back when it worked.

 

The response I replied to, if you read it, wasn't advocating for whitelisting, only not flagging. That's the only point I was responding to.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

The response I replied to, if you read it, wasn't advocating for whitelisting, only not flagging. That's the only point I was responding to.

That could partially work, have flags still happen but have two leaderboards.

One leaderboard being what it is now with all the same rules.

And one leaderboard is like that of the old cheater leaderboard but instead for ignored/not flagged trophies.

When you link your account you have to choose what leaderboard you want to compete on, if you choose regular then you can't get big leagues and your still open to all the current flags

But if you choose to compete on the whitelist leaderboard you can get these "not flagged/ignored" trophies and not get flagged for them.

 

You can swap leaderboards at any time but if your going from the whitelist leaderboard then you get a disclaimer saying you could be flagged.

 

 

Edit- maybe call it the modded lobbies allowed leaderboard, I know I'm awful with names but at least I'm aware of that.

 

Edited by charxsetsuna
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

That could partially work, have flags still happen but have two leaderboards.

One leaderboard being what it is now with all the same rules.

And one leaderboard is like that of the old cheater leaderboard but instead for ignored/not flagged trophies.

When you link your account you have to choose what leaderboard you want to compete on, if you choose regular then you can't get big leagues and your still open to all the current flags

But if you choose to compete on the whitelist leaderboard you can get these "not flagged/ignored" trophies and not get flagged for them.

 

You can swap leaderboards at any time but if your going from the whitelist leaderboard then you get a disclaimer saying you could be flagged.

 

 

Edit- maybe call it the modded lobbies allowed leaderboard, I know I'm awful with names but at least I'm aware of that.

 

 

A whole separate leaderboard so some people who play just a couple really specific games (as of right now) and get modded trophies can still be on a leaderboard? Something tells me that this solution isn't going to pacify their point that they want on the leaderboard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

 

So the leaderboards shouldn't make any attempt to be legitimate and should just be removed? Then there wouldn't be flags to complain about and this would all be solved.

I mean hakoom is still on there so clearly no attempt has been made to be legitimate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

A whole separate leaderboard so some people who play just a couple really specific games (as of right now) and get modded trophies can still be on a leaderboard? Something tells me that this solution isn't going to pacify their point that they want on the leaderboard.

It's a compromise, people who want a leaderboard untainted by modded lobbies get a leaderboard for them.

 

People who want to be on the leaderboard get to at least be on A leaderboard. 

 

Will it please everyone? No but nothing will , what we need to do is please the most people possible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 

So the leaderboards shouldn't make any attempt to be legitimate and should just be removed? Then there wouldn't be flags to complain about and this would all be solved.

 

Sounds like you have it figured out. I like the way you think!

 

On a related note, I am struggling to do zombies solo, and I'm going to finish the base game -- if I'm even able to -- before TRYING to do MP and any zombies trophies that must be done with others online. 

 

If and when some prick decides to screw with me, and I'm blamed for it, I'll be sure to tell the "cheater" removal team what they can do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 

So the leaderboards shouldn't make any attempt to be legitimate and should just be removed? Then there wouldn't be flags to complain about and this would all be solved.

They don’t make any attempt atm. Like being said, many smart CFW users aren’t caught, and without further investigation, they’ll never be. That’s inconsistency 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not just remove the whole bo2 game from the leaderboards? Like you don’t get any points towards the leaderboards for this game. There no more illegitimate leaderboards. Problem solved. As for the precious ultra rare platinum people who got the ultra platinum in 2015 or before get to keep the rarity for there platinum frozen for those people. Then for people who earn it currently let it increase in percentage accordingly you can then distinguish people who got it in 2015 and people got it currently. I feel this is a win win for everyone. Nobody loses out. Just my thought on it anyways.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CriptoNorge said:

Why not just remove the whole bo2 game from the leaderboards? Like you don’t get any points towards the leaderboards for this game. There no more illegitimate leaderboards. Problem solved. As for the precious ultra rare platinum people who got the ultra platinum in 2015 or before get to keep the rarity for there platinum frozen for those people. Then for people who earn it currently let it increase in percentage accordingly you can then distinguish people who got it in 2015 and people got it currently. I feel this is a win win for everyone. Nobody loses out. Just my thought on it anyways.

^ this 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that it shouldn't be flagged because literally everyone has the equal opportunity to get it, I don't think you need any outside work to actually get the trophy, yes it kind of defeats the purpose of having a trophy for it, but since everyone stands at a point where you can get it just by doing things in-game I think the method for obtaining that trophy should be seen as a glitch since its obtainable without you doing outside work.  I don't think the mod menus should be fair use for obtainable trophies tho since they are possible. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Its achievable

Though mod menus

Edited by UNLEADED_BRONZE
More details
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.