Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

4 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Having people who are allowed to test it without risk of being flagged might actually help move this along faster.

I have a bunch of alts with private trophies so I'm not too worried about flags or hiding trophies should that be necessary...

15 hours ago, riolaaaey said:

First of all, Ik I’m not banned but flagged is in the same kind of scenario really. And it is outside of my control if I was just playing and someone just happened to make it pop up automatically? How is that my fault? same thing with the other 2 dlc trophies I didn’t have. Those were popped the same time and again I had literally nothing to do with it. How is it my fault that I didn’t know that someone can just randomly give you trophies? And at the time I was just playing for fun and just for camos. Yes I finished the rest of the game but it’s because it’s great and fun to do. If I hide it from my list then the game itself is gone from my trophy list not just the one trophy I got bullshitted on

6 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Are you going to elaborate on your train of thought for your recent post? 

Didn't I already? I mean there wasn't really anything new since last time I said it. I'm not going to do the actual work to get this ball rolling, because I'm not sure we can do what is suggested, at least not yet, but I'm open for it. So it's really up to you guys.

5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

1 - you are correct...

2 - agreed...

3 - also agree but would like to reiterate that I hope someday these types of trophies would be considered for whitelisting and have a separate set of rules/repercussions...

and lastly, if guinea pigs are needed to test and record how the method for big leagues could work, i'd be willing to participate...I own multiple copies of blops2 though I don't intend to ever actually play it fully...long story...

How do you suggest the earning of the trophy is to be replicated? 

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Didn't I already? I mean there wasn't really anything new since last time I said it. I'm not going to do the actual work to get this ball rolling, because I'm not sure we can do what is suggested, at least not yet, but I'm open for it. So it's really up to you guys.

The community have been trying to come up with ideas ever since the theater mode exploit was found. The ball was rolling but it was stopped mid roll.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

if I've understood the theater mode method correctly then it entails watching a certain replay to get infected into the league necessary for the big leagues trophy...the part I'm not clear on is whether 5 matches need to be played afterwards or whether the trophy dings automatically upon infection...if the former, I would ask for it to be considered as a fair means of earning the trophy if it's a method that anyone would have access to with a regular ps3 and copy of the game...my offer above was to document the specifics of theater mode and to see if such a method would be considered acceptable in earning big leagues by psnp and its community...

I think unobtainable trophies are kind of crappy and particularly when a platinum is prevented over a simple online one where the servers are still active but a specific feature has been shut down...as with the usage of cloned servers with gonespy, I like it when users come up with unique ideas to make such trophies available again while still maintaining the need to fulfill the original criteria...I'm not sure if the above big leagues method would qualify as something I would advocate for being acceptable means of earning the trophy or not at this point but I don't see any harm in investigating further...

@MMDE

The trophy requires you to win 5 matches after being placed in a division. For being placed into a division, you have to play 5 matches to get a Rank for the division. The trophy is unobtainable because the league system got shut down, and you won’t get placed into a Division anymore. 
My solution for this is the “League Rank Infection”. BO2 has a theatre mode which allows you to re-watch your last matches, you can also edit short clips and then upload them into the file share, which is some sort of cloud. You can access the file share from the main menue. Modders have uploaded certain clips called “infections”. You basically watch a clip and get such things as Diamond Camo, Level 55 etc. This will work on any account on any systems, you don’t have to jailbreak your systems or install something from an USB stick. 
There is a clip called “League Rank infection”. By watching this clip, you’ll be placed into a division. My theory is that you’ll then be able to win the 5 games and get the trophy. 
I do think that this is the best solution, because all of the requirements for the trophy have been fulfilled by the player, and everyone can access the clip. In my opinion, the clip is the same as the dead body in RDR or the bounty in GTA V

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

@MMDE

The trophy requires you to win 5 matches after being placed in a division. For being placed into a division, you have to play 5 matches to get a Rank for the division. The trophy is unobtainable because the league system got shut down, and you won’t get placed into a Division anymore. 
My solution for this is the “League Rank Infection”. BO2 has a theatre mode which allows you to re-watch your last matches, you can also edit short clips and then upload them into the file share, which is some sort of cloud. You can access the file share from the main menue. Modders have uploaded certain clips called “infections”. You basically watch a clip and get such things as Diamond Camo, Level 55 etc. This will work on any account on any systems, you don’t have to jailbreak your systems or install something from an USB stick. 
There is a clip called “League Rank infection”. By watching this clip, you’ll be placed into a division. My theory is that you’ll then be able to win the 5 games and get the trophy. 
I do think that this is the best solution, because all of the requirements for the trophy have been fulfilled by the player, and everyone can access the clip. In my opinion, the clip is the same as the dead body in RDR or the bounty in GTA V

But does it work?

33 minutes ago, MMDE said:

But does it work?

That’s what we have to find out. I’ve tried to gather up enough people to try this, but most of them didn’t even wanted to try this bc they wanted to know if this would be approved by the Cheater removal team first. If you guys state an ok or at least some conditions, I suppose that many people would be up for it

37 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

That’s what we have to find out. I’ve tried to gather up enough people to try this, but most of them didn’t even wanted to try this bc they wanted to know if this would be approved by the Cheater removal team first. If you guys state an ok or at least some conditions, I suppose that many people would be up for it

Yeah, but it's easy to make a throw-away account. Takes a whole 5 minutes! xD 

5 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

What do you think about this idea? If it works, could this be a legitimate workaround for the trophy?

It sounds like it would be okay. People do this stuff in LBP1 to a completely different degree, and we don't flag those.

I didn't read the whole thread, and maybe i should have before saying this.

But is it hard to whitelist certain games? Or add some sort of an asterix to those that earned the trophies in these games?

It probably gives you guys a whole load of work, since you had to do 1 by 1, in a site that has what, over a million people?

2 hours ago, juniordrfanatic said:

I didn't read the whole thread, and maybe i should have before saying this.

But is it hard to whitelist certain games? Or add some sort of an asterix to those that earned the trophies in these games?

It probably gives you guys a whole load of work, since you had to do 1 by 1, in a site that has what, over a million people?

You should probably read the thread.

On 30/06/2020 at 11:01 PM, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

There was a bypass

To attain plat,Say if this title,Probably more that was a hit/popular in 2010s

Possibly the ppl/gamers/users that loved it or really liked it & missed out on the plat,There was an bypass to earn it,always a way through,Shame devs like Activision & EA have these server related achievements/trophies that are/arn't attainable doe to server support 

On 30/06/2020 at 11:01 PM, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

On 3.7.2020 at 10:57 AM, Alihsan621 said:

@MMDE

Where can we find it. I'm searching for it but can't find it under most popluar clips.

16 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Where can we find it. I'm searching for it but can't find it under most popluar clips.

Sometimes there are other clips trending. Add me on PSN and browse through my file share

43 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

@Alihsan621 I will get to recruiting people today. I should have a lot of willing volunteers for this who'll each contribute 2 ps3s. myself included (permitting they have the game digitally, of course). Obviously we'll be using throwaway accounts. Do you know how to do this method and would be able to test the trophy popping? 

Appreciate it. I know how to set up everything, I’ll PM you

:o a potential work around? That is awesome! Hopefully it works.

I think it shouldn't be flaggable if you have every other trophy in the game including DLC (IDK if it pops DLC regardless if you have it or not) then it pops out of your control.

However it should remain flaggable if it pops with other trophies.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

On 7/4/2020 at 1:35 PM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Unless you want to get taken off the leaderboards, you should not do this on your main before it's approved.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Unless you want to get taken off the leaderboards, you should not do this on your main before it's approved.

That’s right. I don’t want to encourage anyone to do this on their main account until it’s proven to be safe. Please use a throw away account if you try this. 

3 hours ago, Alihsan621 said:

That’s right. I don’t want to encourage anyone to do this on their main account until it’s proven to be safe. Please use a throw away account if you try this. 

I've a question so a game that was a hit in like 2010-2012.Don't het us wrong devs probably after black ops 2-3-4 once a new title of the black ops series comes out then probably drop support for the last one.Fact Black ops came out in 2010

2/II/Two 2012 3/III/Three in 2015 4/IV/Four in 2018 5/V/Five 2020 

Now to be pacific thats a 2/II/Two-3/III/Three year gap.

6 hours ago, UNLEADED_BRONZE said:

I've a question so a game that was a hit in like 2010-2012.Don't het us wrong devs probably after black ops 2-3-4 once a new title of the black ops series comes out then probably drop support for the last one.Fact Black ops came out in 2010

2/II/Two 2012 3/III/Three in 2015 4/IV/Four in 2018 5/V/Five 2020 

Now to be pacific thats a 2/II/Two-3/III/Three year gap.

You know, I’m not really much of a grammar nazi and tiny little mistakes here and there don’t bother me, but your grammar is so terrible i literally have no clue what your trying to say. I’m assuming your asking him a question about when they will drop support for this game? If that's your question, none of us know. That is Activision's call and they have been known to shut servers down without any notice at all. 

Edited by royal642award
  • Like 2