Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

7 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

The big leagues hack is there for everyone to use if they choose to as well though.....

It's not avaiable to everyone, only to people who meet a hacker. It's a different case, you can't do it yourself without modifying the game or the system themselves.

1 minute ago, DoucetDudes said:

With this logic, you should be able to hack any game you want because "it's there for everyone if you chose to do it"

nonsense

NO! This one is a game you can literally play and the trophy will pop through no work of your own. I am not saying lets all go in and actively hack any game you like.....

Just now, TheYuriG said:

It's not avaiable to everyone, only to people who meet a hacker. It's a different case, you can't do it yourself without modifying the game or the system themselves.

I got the impression you just play this online as normal and can end up in a game with a hacker unknowingly and BOOM! trophy unlocked?

2 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I got the impression you just play this online as normal and can end up in a game with a hacker unknowingly and BOOM! trophy unlocked?

That's how it works, yes, but you need a hacker to make the trophy pop, reason why I said it wasn't avaiable to everyone. If there was a button on the MP menu that could unlock the trophy for EVERYONE, I would be ok with it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

That's how it works, yes, but you need a hacker to make the trophy pop, reason why I said it wasn't avaiable to everyone. If there was a button on the MP menu that could unlock the trophy for EVERYONE, I would be ok with it.

So you can effectively just play MP until it pops? You don't have to actively seek out a hacker to help you.

Unfortunately, making an exception for one game just opens up pandora's box in terms of when is it right to hack one trophy, which should be never. The reason these types of threads are created is that people are focused on completion rate.

A better solution to the problem, in my opinion, is Sony introducing the ability to delete games off your profile.

Yes, we have the hidden feature, but for the people that actually care about completion, you still have to see these games, plus on a website like this, hidden games generally mean hacked trophies (not always but we all know everyone thinks the worse).

There are many reasons why a platinum is unobtainable outside of player control including:

-Server Closure

-Delisted DLC

-Unreleased DLC

-Glitched Trophies

Giving gamers the ability to delete a game off of their account fixes the problem for those that care about completion.

On top of this, you will actually be to make multiple attempts on a single PSN account for fastest achiever. Fun, for those that like to speed play games for trophies.

Of course, they need to consider security but adding something as simple as 2-Factor-Authentication or a small fee, would be enough to ensure that 99% of the mistakes are avoided.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

So you can effectively just play MP until it pops? You don't have to actively seek out a hacker to help you.

I assume it's how most people get that trophy, since there seems to be a good dozen of players that get reported but don't dispute, for every that does. I didn't say you had to look for one at any point, but it's impossible to separate who does and who doesn't. Not that it matters, no one should be able to have it after the feature was discontinued.

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I assume it's how most people get that trophy, since there seems to be a good dozen of players that get reported but don't dispute, for every that does. I didn't say you had to look for one at any point, but it's impossible to separate who does and who doesn't. Not that it matters, no one should be able to have it after the feature was discontinued.

This is likely one of them that will rumble on until something gets sorted....or it will just rumble on. Hey ho.

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I personally feel that's ok, since it's avaiable for everyone. Same case for Wolfenstein 2009. It's not cheating if it's avaiable to everyone.

That's some mental gymnastics right there.

8/10, nearly stuck the landing.

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

That's some mental gymnastics right there.

From the other thread:

On 29/06/2019 at 4:27 PM, TheYuriG said:

Cheating is OK as long as you aren't negatively affecting anyone else, that's the bottom of the line. Cheating in single player games is fine if your score isn't being posted to any leaderboard nor you are bragging about completing something that you did actually not. Cheating in multiplayer is also ok if no one in the lobby finds an issue with that and that doesn't impact your online stats etc.

Bottom line is, alterating data from a game, in any shape or form, is completely valid as long as it doesn't provide anyone any significant advantage/perks over other people.

I only consider cheating to be having advantage over someone else in the same scenario. Something like auto-aim lock on in uncharted 4 makes the game very easy, but it's not cheating since it's avaiable for everyone, per example. I do believe you get my point though.

20 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

This is likely one of them that will rumble on until something gets sorted....or it will just rumble on. Hey ho.

If they get it to turn in their favor, more power to them. I'm personally against it, but I know how to accept defeat if the higher ups think otherwise.

Guys, I have to admit that many of you made some good points about this Situation.

I respect your opinions, and I also understand some valid points like making this trophy ok to get would create a precedent.

Anyways, it still bothers me that I can't complete this CoD. Maybe there will be a glitch with PS5 backwards compatibility or PS now, but as of now I get that we can't obtain the trophy. 

Cheers 

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Slippery slope maybe but still a lousy deal if you unlocked this without doing anything wrong on your end.

Let's see how this logic holds up with the victim blamers.

"You say you accidentally unlocked Big Leagues while unknowingly playing in a hacked lobby? You shouldn't have worn that short skirt!"

I guess there is no easy option to hide this one trophy (and the platinum if impacted) from a profile but not hide the rest of the game?

Maybe that will be part of the new functionality of trophies that are no longer obtainable, it can individually exclude them without jacking up the whole game?

23 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I'm just waiting for the day this starts to happen on PS4, where you can't delete the user since the trophies synch the millisecond you earn them, and the site basically starts telling you what games you are banned from playing online. 

Damn this is a nightmare.I might have to start finishing ps4 games with online trophies sooner than I anticipated.

Counter measures are needed ASAP.

We are under fire!!!

58 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I'm just waiting for the day this starts to happen on PS4, where you can't delete the user since the trophies synch the millisecond you earn them, and the site basically starts telling you what games you are banned from playing online. 

I think if this ever did happen, the site would have no choice but to start whitelisting either certain games or certain trophies or just let it go unflagged.

I've seen it before with people modding saves for Borderlands 2. Flag was lifted, so at least there's precedent that the flag won't stick, but I'm sure this is circumstancial as it only affected 2 trophies instead of the entire list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

And for the argument by @TheYuriG, that this is not available to everyone, well, it seems like it would be if you played MP long enough?  Of course, I could be missing something here about how it unlocks but it sounds like you have no control over it and everyone could have access to it (i.e. just keep playing.  Think of it as a RNG to get it).

I did my entire plat, start to finish, way after release, without ever encountering a hacker, But i guess if you wanna look at this trophy like this, I could see reason in that being a RNG trophy. Problem would be no one would get only this trophy, but also everything else left pending. I think it would hurt more players than help, honestly.

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I think some people take trophies way too seriously (edit - to the point of worrying about their rarity being lowered if others get said trophy).  Clearly, you can tell the difference between a Big Leagues case and someone that loads a save file and autopops a dozen trophies or a case where servers have been closed.

That said, if you really want it that badly, go get it and dont be concerned about the leaderboards

I agree with this 1000%. Trophies are just trophies and nothing more. 

• Like 1

I can't believe how this topic receives 74 posts in a relatively short time because we have been already very deeply discussing this under some name or another in countless topics for years and most people are fed up with this already.. 

I wont repeat myself like in whitelisting, run like the wind related topics but even considering this would be a suicide for this site.. 

Rules are simple and clear why people still insist I don't understand..