Haven't Played In Years

Nitemares-----

I borrowed it from a friend over 6 years ago, beat it and got a lot of Trophies, but decided to get it for good cause I wanted to finish up the Trophies, so I picked it up for 5 bucks the other day.

Maybe because I've played several 3rd person shooters that's similar for the PS4 and PS3, but man the controlling and aiming on this game is horrible, same with using the knife on crates and barrels. I never really paid attention or noticed it years ago, maybe I'm just used to walking and aiming, none of that on this. I've been playing a bit earning a couple Trophies, trying to get used to the movement and fighting again. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

I went back to this one after doing Resident Evil 6 platinum in the hopes to finish it off. For the gameplay style Resi 5 has, I much prefer 4. Plus I cannot get away if playing as Sheva if I'm second player, I cannot get used to having camera on opposite shoulder.

2 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

I went back to this one after doing Resident Evil 6 platinum in the hopes to finish it off. For the gameplay style Resi 5 has, I much prefer 4. Plus I cannot get away if playing as Sheva if I'm second player, I cannot get used to having camera on opposite shoulder.

Pressing L3 or R3 doesn't allow you to change shoulder view side ?

Didn't play it since a long time but I think you can :o

Just now, seblegamer said:

According to gamefaqs you can't. But tbh this isn't a Resi I can go back to much. Just something "off" about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Nope, I tried it every way, Chris just has his aim to the right, don't remember for Sheva, haven't tried her since going back to this game. 

You can't change the view side, unfortunately. You're stuck with Chris and Sheva's default.

And yes, the controls are quite outdated. They didn't age very well, so there will be a learning curve if you're coming from more recent shooters. Takes a while to get used to, but RE5 is quite fun when you get the hang of it.

Edited by AFRising
English is hard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/22/2019 at 5:50 AM, AndyKazama said:

I take it to believe that Sheva is left handed. If you play either of the DLCs (Lost in Nightmare with Chris and Jill or Desperate Escape with Jill and Josh) no matter who you play as, the character is right handed. In the Mercenaries mode, Sheva is left handed, too. So I take it as the devs way of making a left handed character.