Unclear on Map Room Trophy

GavinVaughan-

Hi everyone, making my way through all the DLC for Minecraft PS4 Edition. I'm very unclear on how to do the map room trophy. I've done a 3x3 map on a wall like it says with maps of a zoom level of 0, i even did it on two different worlds and didnt get the trophy. Made sure the maps were not missing any spots either.

Here are the maps i made:

8bD89bCl.jpgUz0tQd0l.jpg

Now when you spawn on the PS4 on a new world you get given a map with a zoom of 3/4 i believe this is known as a locator map? Do i have to do the 3x3 map using that zoom level?

I really need some advice because to fill 9 maps with a zoom of 3/4 will take a while and its not what i need to do it would be a huge waste of time. As anyone got the trophy recently to confirm it not bugged or anything.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

They changed the requirements for this trophy were changed with the 1.91 patch so the maps only count when a Cartography Table is used.

Ok thats great, so i just create 9 maps through the Cartography table and fill them? Any Zoom level?

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I guess so but can't say for sure, because I got this trophy prior to the requirements being changed.

Ok thanks, any place i can see that they changed the requirements? Or was it just that they added the table in the update?

Edited by Gav-Vaughan
Added content

2 minutes ago, Gav-Vaughan said:

Ok thanks, any place i can see that they changed the requirements? Or was it just that they added the table in the update?

The trophy description still holds true, it's just that the devs silently added the Cartographer's Table to the requirements without telling anyone.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Please keep me updated so I can guide others to the solution, if needed :).

I’ve given up trying now. Can’t find any solution and I’ve done a 3x3 map on 4 worlds now. I think it’s bugged just like the Sail the 7 seas one is. 

I’ll come back to it on the next update maybe. 

2 hours ago, Gav-Vaughan said:

Right found the solution. It has to be done with 9 maps that of zoom level 3/4 for it to work. Just took me an hour to fill them with an Elytra and rockets but it worked.

Damn, the amount of time you've wasted to find that out I wouldn't have told anyone.  

• Like 1