PlayStation Sponsoring EVO 2019; News to come.

MidgarMac

Seen this on N4G. PlayStation are sponsoring the event for 8 out of the 9 games but the interesting bit is the more news from PlayStation bit. 

People are thinking this could be a new game announcement. I know names I've seen people throwing around are Street Fighter VI and PlayStation All-Stars 2.

Was just wondering what people think of this. Sorry if the thread is in the wrong place; wasn't really sure where to create it. 

• Like 1

I’ll go ahead and put this here so those of us older than 20 can keep up:

The Evolution Championship Series, commonly known as Evo, is an annual esports event that focuses exclusively on fighting games. Wiki

Also, I’m moving this to PlayStation Network, although I feel like this belongs somewhere else like The Stadium. 

Edited by DaivRules

Capcom has a big announcement planned for SFV in August, so I don't think we'll see anything SFVI related just yet. The announcement will probably be Super SFV or something like that since they've been talking about how great it'll be for months now.

Another reveal that could happen is Marvel vs Capcom 4 because there's been a lot of rumours circulating that Capcom has been working on it. Capcom has also said recently that they've been developing a few games with their RE Engine, so maybe this is one of them. If that's the case it could end up announced for PS4 and PC like SFV.

PS All Stars 2 would be cool, but they'd need to make it pretty good to compete within the current fighting game market.

• Like 1

Wouldn't bet any money on PS All stars, that just seems like a waste of time. If PlayStation is involved it could be for another exclusive deal perhaps? Like SFV. Either way, I'm just hoping there's Tekken 7 Season 3 news, pretty much the only reason I'm keeping up with EVO this year.

Might watch the SF finals, but that was a slog to sit through last time...

• Like 1