Do I need PS Plus for the online trophies?

Bebop_Man

Play a map, publish a map, reach level 5, etc.

EDIT: I know a lot of games have online trophies that don't actually require PS Plus because I guess it's not "live" multiplayer (Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, etc). Was just wishing this would extend to DOOM. Just wish trophies wouldn't be chained to multiplayer as often.

Edited by Bebop_Man
  • Like 2

You are required to have PS Plus to play online multiplayer for any PS4 game.

There are some online trophies like the Sharing is Caring trophy from Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and the Vendetta trophy from Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor where you do not need PS Plus. You just need your console to be online.

It's pretty much standard at this point, and you're basically limiting yourself if your account isn't subscribed to PS Plus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's pretty much standard at this point, and you're basically limiting yourself if your account isn't subscribed to PS Plus.

Just chiming in to totally agree with this point although I can understand why it is that you might not have Plus, such as not usually playing multiplayer games. Unfortunately in the case of DOOM it is required for this:

3 hours ago, Bebop_Man said:

Play a map, publish a map, reach level 5, etc.

Off topic kinda but there are a small handful of multiplayer games that don’t require Plus such as Fortnite...for anyone who cared to know. 

1 hour ago, Emina said:

Off topic kinda but there are a small handful of multiplayer games that don’t require Plus such as Fortnite...for anyone who cared to know. 

There's quite a lot of games that can be played online without Plus on the PS4 now, around 50 or so. Fortnite isn't totally free, you need a paid subscription to get trophies, at least for now.

Off-topic sorry.

Edited by cris3f

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-23 at 3:34 AM, cris3f said:

There's quite a lot of games that can be played online without Plus on the PS4 now, around 50 or so. Fortnite isn't totally free, you need a paid subscription to get trophies, at least for now.

Off-topic sorry.

I understand mentioning STW since this is a trophy site, but the main grab of Fortnite is Battle Royale & that doesn’t require PS+. That’s amplified by the fact Epic completely shafted STW since Battle Royale is such a large money maker.

On 22/12/2019 at 0:02 AM, anilcanballi said:

My Plus subscription ended this week but I still manage to get online trophies(reach level 5 and win a game). After DOOM, I tried other games multiplayer modes like TLOU, Division and it didn't allow me to enter of course. So you can get online trophies without PS Plus on DOOM.

That is a lie, just tried today and I don't have access to the multiplayer component.