Maahniac

Is the Platinum difficulty estimation this gets in guides really realistic?

14 posts in this topic

Various trophy guides label Titanfall 2 a 5/10 or 6/10 in terms of Platinum difficulty. The infamous "... Becomes the Master" trophy of course is notoriously hard, but the campaign on Master difficulty sounds like it's much more difficult than the trophy guides perhaps let on. 

Would love to hear from people Who have the Platinum trophy, and if you have a different take on the difficulty. 

You can cheat the campaign master trophy with a glitch if you wish. The game is a 4/10 imo but many have trouble with becomes the master I suppose.

The campaign on Master is not very hard because you can make yourself invisible when the sh*t hits the fan. There were only couple sections that I had to retry multiple times. Other than that, it's fairly straightforward. The only tricky trophy is the gauntlet challenge which will take from dozen attempts to dozen hours depending on how good your FPS skills are.

Overall the game is fantastic so I would definitely recommend to play it. One of my most favourite FPS games.

The campaign isn't that hard even on the highest difficulty.  If you've played other shooters on their hardest difficulty, I really wouldn't worry too much about Titanfall 2's campaign.  You'll get it.

No, the roadblock to getting the platinum really is ...Becomes the Master.  It's pretty annoying.

Campaign is much easier than Modern Warfare, for example. There is no infinite respawn bullcrap and that's great.  The only thing that can stop you is Becomes the Master. There are different strats for it, but you'll need to find whatever works best for you.

2 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Various trophy guides label Titanfall 2 a 5/10 or 6/10 in terms of Platinum difficulty. The infamous "... Becomes the Master" trophy of course is notoriously hard, but the campaign on Master difficulty sounds like it's much more difficult than the trophy guides perhaps let on. 

Would love to hear from people Who have the Platinum trophy, and if you have a different take on the difficulty. 

Generally speaking, a trophy guides difficulty is based off of several things.

While personal opinion diffenitly can apply, a players average expected ability is a large part of the rating as are exploits in the game. 

The only difficult trophy is the time trial and for some maybe the campaign on hard a bit buts that's it.  

Do not fear and go for it + the game is an absolute banger!

Finished on Master now, without the Glitch ... The first TitanBoss Fight was the hardest, some Parts we're hard as well, but good set Checkpoints, some trys, and everything got done well. 

As always, difficulty is subjective and will vary from person to person. But I think for anyone who has platinumed a couple Call of Duty games or similar shooters, the guide rating is pretty accurate. The hard mode is difficult at parts, but overall felt a lot easier than some of the CoD Veteran campaigns I’ve done. There is also the glitch of course which makes it super easy to cheat levels that are giving you trouble, and lowers the plat difficulty overall.

The bulk of difficulty in this game comes from that one speed run trophy which will be a plat blocker for many people. There is no easy way to do that one, just practice practice practice until you get it down perfectly.

I see my thread here is still active after so many months. Just to let you know, I got the Platinum for the game in a week or so, and it wasn't too bad. "... Becomes the Master" was difficult, but in a fun way. I got it after 2 hours or so. In fact, it was the first trophy I got in the game (along with "The Student..." of course), as I kept resetting right before the finish line if my time was bad. I wanted to get both trophies at the same time :P

Edited by Maahniac

The game was a 2/10, especially with the Difficulty Glitch. But this one Trophy was a 10/10 for me. No Platinum here.

I am the king of unpopular opinions, and I can prove it right here in three key points.

1. I did not enjoy my experience with Titanfall 2’s multiplayer.

2. Master difficulty is the worst difficulty in existence, and I can not complete it legit. (No, I am not using the exploit. I heavily dislike cheating a challenge.)

3. “...Becomes the Master” was not that difficult. It took like 30 minutes of practice.

You’re welcome. (I know, I don’t have the platinum, but I kind of wanted to voice my own opinion about the platinum difficulty. Everyone has their own opinions, and I respect that.)

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208

I first played this back when I was a baby trophy hunter and I found Master difficulty really easy probably because I was playing Battlefield 1 multiplayer at the time which really sharpened my senses. I'm actually surprised by the amount of people saying how hard it is tbh 

However, Becomes the Master alone is enough to put the platinum up to 6. Very tough gauntlet, requires a lot of patience. I got it today and subsequently the platinum but I think the rating is fair.