Trophy thoughts

Just now, PhantomFear94 said:

The achievement/trophy was utter bullshit, I'll be honest, but the community took it way (way) too far. My issue is more with the mode itself that the trophy thing. It is a "fair" challenge in the sense that it's doable with practise, I just think the difficulty is heavily flawed. 

I don't know what you are talking about. Mein Leben took me a week with like 5 practice runs. Seemed very fair to me, each death I had was my own fault

2 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I don't know what you are talking about. Mein Leben took me a week with like 5 practice runs. Seemed very fair to me, each death I had was my own fault

Firstly, well done! Secondly, I know 3 other people who did it and all of them pretty much said that they didn't really feel like they did anything but glitch through the game, hide, and get ounces of luck . For context, I didn't try it on Mein Leben at all. I played on Do or Die on a backup account and just generally hated the game (as mentioned, I love The New Order and The Old Blood).  

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

Just now, PhantomFear94 said:

Firstly, well done! Secondly, I know 3 other people who did it and all of them pretty much said that they didn't really feel like they did anything but glitch through the game, hide, and get ounces of luck . For context, I didn't try it on Mein Leben at all. I played on Do or Die on a backup account and just generally hated the game. 

Well, there were definitely ways to make the experience easier and cheaper, but even without the glitches (which I did) everything was completely fair. Never once did I feel like something was out of my hands with the exception of the final level. That felt a bit like a gamble to me. A bit of a shame no Mein Leben trophy for me, I really enjoyed that challenge. Not that I am a big fan of the Wolfenstein series though. Have fun to everyone going for it.

4 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The achievement/trophy was utter bullshit, I'll be honest, but the community took it way (way) too far. My issue is more with the mode itself that the trophy thing. It is a "fair" challenge in the sense that it's doable with practise, I just think the difficulty is heavily flawed. 

what about the difficulty do you think is flawed?

• Like 1

A decent list imo. Loads of trophies, i’ll hold my thoughts on how many collectibles there are until I know. ? i’m particularly keen to see what the Dishonored reference is, I like that trophy. Difficulty or not, whatever, I need to play W2 first and was never gonna do ML anyway. Firstly i’d be shocking at it, second, I aint got the time to attempt it either. 

16 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I personally thought Uber in Wolfenstein: The New Order / The Old Blood was far more balanced, difficult but rewarding.  Just my opinion, but I didn't feel like the difficulty spike was a natural evolution for a Wolfenstein game. For the most part, I felt the higher difficulties rewarded hiding in a corner and glitching through broken level designs (I personally only finished it on Do or Die, managed to do half of a playthrough on I Am Death before getting bored with the game).

you hide alot because you die too fast. i can see your point but i dont personally think its a flaw. compared to a game like vanquish or mgr:r even though theyre different genres, sure, i can see how mein leben could be seen as flawed because the other two games is heavily skill based. so is mein leben but maybe with a bit more rng, fair enough. but far from flawed.

32 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Random, but the trophy tile art is hideous considering how nice they were for The New Order, The Old Blood, and II. 

My hate for II goes far beyond the Mein Leben thing (only really a trophy at the end of the day). Let's hope Youngblood improves upon it, as The New Order and The Old Blood are 2 of my top 10 games of the generation.  

100% agree. 

The trophy is one thing but the game itself was pure garbage, the worst I've ever played.  How they managed to go from near masterpieces of TNO/ TOB to this is conpletely beyond me.

Fingers crossed YB is good cuz I trully like the franchise.

• Like 2