Trophy thoughts

29 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I don't know what you are talking about. Mein Leben took me a week with like 5 practice runs. Seemed very fair to me, each death I had was my own fault

My deaths were to bullshit bullets through walls and had the game crash twice, the later finally broke me.

• Like 1

The difficulty wasn't the problem, the unskippable cut scenes were IMO. With the choice for stealth or just blasting your way through and the overall emphasis on fast-paced action the unskippable scenes made no sense. "Oh something hit you, have fun watching the opening scene again for 15 minutes".

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

The achievement/trophy was utter bullshit, I'll be honest, but the community took it way (way) too far. My issue is more with the mode itself that the trophy thing. It is a "fair" challenge in the sense that it's doable with practise, I just think the difficulty is heavily flawed. 

Your right friend. I find it funny people called it fair and even take the piss out of others for getting pissed off at it. it was not fair. what is fair is ninja gaiden. what is fair is godhand, mein laben was never fair at all. the was broken as all modes other then baby mode was doable for normal people to play. I won't get this anyways due to how crap the last one was. I mean what happen to wolfenstein dear god what happen to quake as well.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

100% agree. 

The trophy is one thing but the game itself was pure garbage, the worst I've ever played.  How they managed to go from near masterpieces of TNO/ TOB to this is conpletely beyond me.

Fingers crossed YB is good cuz I trully like the franchise.

I know a lot of people who think the same as us. It's the one game where the Metacritic score seems so outlandish (87%?!) compared to the late 70's the other two games got that they pretty much-ignored everything but the admittedly decent gunplay and graphics.

The only plus was that the Wolfenstein II steelbook was really nice ?

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

You know, these day it's completely normal to add some shitty trophies for new difficulties, which could be Mein Leben in some time, who knows. Yeah, the plat seems easy enough, even no trophy for difficulty. But for those, who enjoy their 100% there are still might be concerns about Machinegame could be tricky enough to remove hard trophies in the base game (so more trophyhunters will buy it on release) but later add some DLC trophies, which could blow some players butt's. Hope I'm wrong, cause this game really looks interesting for me and I'm gonna buy it anyway. 

22 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Your right friend. I find it funny people called it fair and even take the piss out of others for getting pissed off at it. it was not fair. what is fair is ninja gaiden. what is fair is godhand, mein laben was never fair at all. the was broken as all modes other then baby mode was doable for normal people to play. I won't get this anyways due to how crap the last one was. I mean what happen to wolfenstein dear god what happen to quake as well.

I concur. The game's level design is objectively broken. I don't really see how anyone can say otherwise, at least half of the levels can cut substantial chunks by glitching through the map. I'm not saying that in of itself makes the game broken.

In my opinion, Mein Leben would have been much more fun if it was more similar to Iron Mode in Metro Exodus (but still set to IADI). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I concur. The game's level design is objectively broken. I don't really see how anyone can say otherwise, at least half of the levels can cut substantial chunks by glitching through the map. I'm not saying that in of itself makes the game broken.

In my opinion, Mein Leben would have been much more fun if it was more similar to Iron Mode in Metro Exodus (but still set to IADI). 

yeah. and it had more icons/ signs to tell if bombs were thrown at you. enemies are really dead and where your being shot from. and make it where they don't take forever to die at least metro did that right.

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

2 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

You know, these day it's completely normal to add some shitty trophies for new difficulties, which could be Mein Leben in some time, who knows. Yeah, the plat seems easy enough, even no trophy for difficulty. But for those, who enjoy their 100% there are still might be concerns about Machinegame could be tricky enough to remove hard trophies in the base game (so more trophyhunters will buy it on release) but later add some DLC trophies, which could blow some players butt's. Hope I'm wrong, cause this game really looks interesting for me and I'm gonna buy it anyway. 

You're not wrong in principle, at all, but I would be extremely surprised if a standalone expansion got any further achievements/trophies.  Absolutely possible, but not the norm. 

Between Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, MGSV (a standalone prologue I suppose) etc. that do standalone expansions rather than DLC (or in Wolfenstein's case both) I can't think of a single instance where a standalone expansion had anything but the base list. It's effectively a glorified DLC, IMO.

37 minutes ago, Donandzone said:

The difficulty wasn't the problem, the unskippable cut scenes were IMO. With the choice for stealth or just blasting your way through and the overall emphasis on fast-paced action the unskippable scenes made no sense. "Oh something hit you, have fun watching the opening scene again for 15 minutes".

This too. Especially the cutscenes, that's annoying anyway irrespective of if you're doing a Mein Leben run or not. IMO more games could opt to have unskippable cutscenes on 1st playthrough, and then have the option to skip cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs (especially linear games). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

You're not wrong in principle, at all, but I would be extremely surprised if a standalone expansion got any further achievements/trophies.  Absolutely possible, but not the norm. 

Between Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, MGSV (a standalone prologue I suppose) etc. that do standalone expansions rather than DLC (or in Wolfenstein's case both) I can't think of a single instance where a standalone expansion had anything but the base list. It's effectively a glorified DLC, IMO.

Agreed. But are they positioning Youngblood just as standalone expansion? Even no rumors about possible DLC for it? In W2 all DLC episodes required the completion on Mein Leben, when this time there are no trophy-related trophies at all. It's quite suspicious, don't you think?

7 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

Agreed. But are they positioning Youngblood just as standalone expansion? Even no rumors about possible DLC for it? In W2 all DLC episodes required the completion on Mein Leben, when this time there are no trophy-related trophies at all. It's quite suspicious, don't you think?

Well at best its a spin-off, I would say. Feels weird to then have DLC on top of that, plus no expansion pass has been advertised and Bethesda normally do that on launch. Suppose a free update isn't impossible, idk. 

Interestingly enough, Cyberpilot (the VR game releasing on the 26th as well) DOES have difficulty achievements, going up to an equivalent of I am Death Incarnate. Not sure why they omitted that here.

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

what i think of the trophy list? im extremely fucking salty. wheres the trophy for beating the game on mein leben with your hands tied to your back while blindfolded!? guys, lets start a petition right NOW!!! hurry! lets show machinegames we are a bunch of whiney assholes 1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.pngthat think we are entitled to everything in life and show them no mercy! GOOOOO!!!!!!!

edit: shit. forgot to add a bunch of crying emotes to show them i mean business.

edit2: i think it would be hilarious if they added mein leben via a patch with a trophy attached to it ruining everyones 100% just to get back at the assholes trying to ruin it for the rest of us with their cringey petition for wolfenstein 2 last time. 1f60f.png

@UlvenFenrir edit 2 made my day. Hahahahaha here's hoping. 

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I know a lot of people who think the same as us. It's the one game where the Metacritic score seems so outlandish (87%?!) compared to the late 70's the other two games got that they pretty much-ignored everything but the admittedly decent gunplay and graphics.

The only plus was that the Wolfenstein II steelbook was really nice 1f602.png

Metacritic is always outlandish and misleading.  The shit is full of fools and charlatans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Only one co op trophy and it's just for beating a single mission so that's that, I'm buying it.

WAIT!  Shithesda games usually go on sale weeks after release, just give it some time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

WAIT!  Shithesda games usually go on sale weeks after release, just give it some time.

By the time the holidays sales role around it will probably be half price. I definitely want to play it but I can wait a few months.

Disappointing that there's no mein leben difficulty, no game I've ever played has given me that adrenaline rush like wolfenstein 2 did on mein leben, and the feeling of satisfaction of actually doing it. Also the complaints of the price WHAT, It's  £25 for the standard version

Edited by Neurotekk_
  • Like 1

I am glad. Never played wolf 2. Atleast it's not like the shadows rush me on max Payne 3 beating New York minutes hardcore. I be just glad to be able to enjoy a game. I be playing wolf 2 once of these days