Trophy thoughts

It seems that some are still mentally scarred over the fact that they couldn’t achieve the wolfenstein 2 platinum which is hilarious. I was curious and wanted to know what made wolfenstein 2 such a terrible game but after reading multiple rants here it seems that the actual complaint isn’t towards the game itself but rather a meaningless bronze trophy.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bairuto said:

Anyway I will be playing this for sure, probably not at launch though

Awesome!! Me too!!

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

It seems that some are still mentally scarred over the fact that they couldn’t achieve the wolfenstein 2 platinum which is hilarious. I was curious and wanted to know what made wolfenstein 2 such a terrible game but after reading multiple rants here it seems that the actual complaint isn’t towards the game itself but rather a meaningless bronze trophy.

Congrats on your first post my friend! Glad I (or someone else) could make you feel so butthurt to comment on how others feel so Butthurt. 

??????

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Basically yeah, it's not as good as the 2 machine games titles that came before it, but it is by no means terrible. I really enjoyed it and it deserves a lot of praise.

5 minutes ago, nikolistary said:

Awesome!! Me too!!

I hope it is therapeutic for you, wouldn't want you to be having PTSD flashbacks of Wolf 2 while playing it ?

4 hours ago, nikolistary said:

Looks fine to me. Glad the asshole developers got rid of mein leben on this one, I'm sure they felt the sales hit. Just look at Wolf 2's DLC numbers it's pathetic, like 1000 people on this site?

Yes, I am one of those "whiny bitches" sitting at 98% because of that shit. These days it just makes me laugh. But my argument is still the same: Wolf 2 discriminated against people with lives and jobs. The Wolf 2 platinum should be looked at as spending a bit more time with a game as all other games, not quit your job breakup with your girlfriend kill all your friends move back home to mom's house and dedicate your life to some permadeath mode until you beat the same game you beat just on a different difficulty, including the ones like me that beat it on IADI.

Tl;dr The Wolf 2 platinum should've been an icon for playing the game entirely,  getting all collectables etc. but it's basically a 'biggest loser with no life' award. Basically people who are trophy hunters/completionists AND have jobs and lives to get back to are plebeian subhuman fucks that need to suicide, they dont have the dedication or nuts to sit through the same game over and over with unskippable cutscenes ad nauseam. 

Ahhhhhh, that said, like I tell everyone, I refuse to pay full price in the future for any Machine Games products. I'll play, enjoy, and platinum Youngblood.....at $10 max. That's my piece of shit way of pseudo-boycotting. I'll play your dumb nazi game, you'll get my cash, but only $10. Next time dont discriminate. Fucking assholes. 

And I just platinumed Nex Machina. Now THAT'S how you do a badass challenging platinum. #balanceyourshit

I dont like the trophy mein leben but i wanted the game i wont make a mistake twice of putting another game with permadeath trophy so i put it in my alt and played just for the story then return it back and got my money back no dramas no loss lol but this game ill def put it in my list as long as theres no mein leben difficulty

Edited by maurjen

WOW!! I didn't realise Mein Leben had been such a big thing. Not got round to The New Colossus yet but I will do at some point. Likely give Mein Leben a miss due to lack of time as I get the idea you cannot save it at all from the comments.

Hopefully Youngblood is great as I am a big fan of the series so more entries appreciated.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, LazyJournalist said:

You know, these day it's completely normal to add some shitty trophies for new difficulties, which could be Mein Leben in some time, who knows. Yeah, the plat seems easy enough, even no trophy for difficulty. But for those, who enjoy their 100% there are still might be concerns about Machinegame could be tricky enough to remove hard trophies in the base game (so more trophyhunters will buy it on release) but later add some DLC trophies, which could blow some players butt's. Hope I'm wrong, cause this game really looks interesting for me and I'm gonna buy it anyway. 

Said I was gonna wait for sale.... make that sometime end of next year, just to be sure ?

10 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

The story was definitely criticised, especially when compared to how good New Order was. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nikolistary said:

Congrats on your first post my friend! Glad I (or someone else) could make you feel so butthurt to comment on how others feel so Butthurt. 

??????

Oh he doesn't sound butthurt, I think he finds it as amusing as I do ?

I mean yes, it sucks if you can't complete a game and get 100%, but to boycott a game (as some people do) just because of one hard trophy or to go on a rant on how unfair the developers are and even call them assholes because they add a trophy that's not to your liking is unbelievable childish ? I guess people whine about things like that if they don't know what real problems are 

• Like 4

On 24. 7. 2019 at 5:37 AM, nikolistary said:

Looks fine to me. Glad the asshole developers got rid of mein leben on this one, I'm sure they felt the sales hit. Just look at Wolf 2's DLC numbers it's pathetic, like 1000 people on this site?

Yes, I am one of those "whiny bitches" sitting at 98% because of that shit. These days it just makes me laugh. But my argument is still the same: Wolf 2 discriminated against people with lives and jobs. The Wolf 2 platinum should be looked at as spending a bit more time with a game as all other games, not quit your job breakup with your girlfriend kill all your friends move back home to mom's house and dedicate your life to some permadeath mode until you beat the same game you beat just on a different difficulty, including the ones like me that beat it on IADI.

Tl;dr The Wolf 2 platinum should've been an icon for playing the game entirely,  getting all collectables etc. but it's basically a 'biggest loser with no life' award. Basically people who are trophy hunters/completionists AND have jobs and lives to get back to are plebeian subhuman fucks that need to suicide, they dont have the dedication or nuts to sit through the same game over and over with unskippable cutscenes ad nauseam. 

Ahhhhhh, that said, like I tell everyone, I refuse to pay full price in the future for any Machine Games products. I'll play, enjoy, and platinum Youngblood.....at $10 max. That's my piece of shit way of pseudo-boycotting. I'll play your dumb nazi game, you'll get my cash, but only $10. Next time dont discriminate. Fucking assholes. 

And I just platinumed Nex Machina. Now THAT'S how you do a badass challenging platinum. #balanceyourshit

Did you just suggested that people who got the trophy are "biggest losers with no life" living in mom's house?

You seem very mature. I would like to know what's that real job you have. Also stop acting like having a job and girlfriend is something unusual. It's how the world works when you grow up.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

I think Wolfenstein 2 is an excellent game although I much preferred the previous game for storyline

I'm working on the Mein Leben challenge at the moment and am honestly really enjoying it. I have grown a little masochistic with gaming difficulty and challenge in the last few years though so i'm probably a bad example. I actually blame Outlast 2 which had a similar mode which I got kicks out of mastering.

I'd be 100% okay with a Mein Leben mode for Youngblood and any other upcoming Wolfenstein game. But Machine Games absolutely need to make -all- cutscenes skippable if they intend to make Mein Leben a trend through DLC for Youngblood and the inevitable Wolfenstein 3. In my humble opinion, not being able to skip the story filler is the real difficulty here - if i die in my attempts the first thing i say isn't 'Damn, now i have to start from the beginning' it's 100% always 'Damn, now i have to sit through the backstory opening etc'. Everything else is doable with practice and memory.

For context too - I don't consider myself to have much time each evening - 1-2 hours at most as I work long hours and have a long commute. I also don't consider myself to be that skilled as a gamer - so to everyone moaning about time and difficulty and all that - if I can work on something like this, you absolutely can too :)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 4:37 AM, nikolistary said:

I don't think you are going to make too many friends by applying the act of getting a particular trophy as a 'biggest loser with no life'.

The lack of rationality here is pretty astounding. Maybe ease off the gas with some of the choice of words you are electing to use? I think you are reading into this too much, it's a bronze trophy and one which people have the choice to try and obtain or not. And it absolutely shouldn't be met with bizarre unfounded claims that the person or people in charge of setting up trophies/difficulties is thinking that the audience is subhuman and wishes suicide on them. This is actually beyond 'whining' and is really really over the top.

I enjoy hunting trophies, even though the experience sits just above that in terms or priority. I have a 50 hour week excluding my commute. My time at home is limited so I have to be really smart with how i spend it. This in itself has been a fun challenge in my goal to complete Mein Leben. I don't feel like i'm being treated as a subhuman or discriminated against. And I certainly don't feel like i should kill myself. You need to be really -really- careful referencing some of these acts because you never ever know who is reading your post and what kind of state they might be in.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

what i think of the trophy list? im extremely fucking salty. wheres the trophy for beating the game on mein leben with your hands tied to your back while blindfolded!? guys, lets start a petition right NOW!!! hurry! lets show machinegames we are a bunch of whiney assholes 1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.pngthat think we are entitled to everything in life and show them no mercy! GOOOOO!!!!!!!

edit: shit. forgot to add a bunch of crying emotes to show them i mean business.

edit2: i think it would be hilarious if they added mein leben via a patch with a trophy attached to it ruining everyones 100% just to get back at the assholes trying to ruin it for the rest of us with their cringey petition for wolfenstein 2 last time. 1f60f.png

hahaha nice 

Since I hate Co-Op trophies, I have to ask...

1) There are only two Co-Op trophies ("complete a mission with a partner" and "Revive or get revived 25 times") or more? I'm thinking, do you already know if there's some collectibles that can be obtained only with a partner? I've read in an italian forum that some doors can be opened only with a partner (so I guess it might be a collectible inside).

2) For the Co-Op a second controller method works or it has to be done by inviting an another player?

Thanks!

On 7/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gage said:

This is a great trophy thoughts thread about Wolfenstein 2. 

Wait no this is about Youngblood. 

Mein Leben wouldn't work in this game. It's basically set up like FC New Dawn with leveling and rpg mechanics, and the game isn't linear at all after you finish the first two missions. This is also likely why they didn't have any difficulty trophies at all, because there's some level of enemy scaling and they all have health bars. 

Story will be like 6 - 8 hours. There's 277 collectibles, at level 30 you get a skill that marks them all on the minimap so you don't need to follow a guide if you don't want to. All weapon upgrades will be the shitty part unless money rewards go way up closer to the end of the game. 

Weapon mastery grind will also be shitty, as most weapons need 400 - 600 kills to get to level 10 and there's I think 12 weapons. 

Hmm, not bad.  Still plan yo get once it hits a deep sale. ?

4 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Since I hate Co-Op trophies, I have to ask...

1) There are only two Co-Op trophies ("complete a mission with a partner" and "Revive or get revived 25 times") or more? I'm thinking, do you already know if there's some collectibles that can be obtained only with a partner? I've read in an italian forum that some doors can be opened only with a partner (so I guess it might be a collectible inside).

2) For the Co-Op a second controller method works or it has to be done by inviting an another player?

Thanks!

Coop is online only, you can just do a mission quickly through matchmaking if you want. 

Revive trophy can be done with AI, you reviving them or them reviving you counts to the total. The AI partner does all coop progression actions with you, you can play the entire game solo other than the one trophy for playing a mission with someone online. 

Edited by Gage