Shmeefly

Game locked?

7 posts in this topic

Just bought the game, put the disc in (GOTY Edition) it says it copies the disc, it then downloads the patch 1.01 and then I load up the game and can only play the single event in Abu Dhabi, I get when people say you need to wait for the download to finish before you can play the rest of the game, I’m familiar with this on many games during install, except there is NO downloading from the disc, so I checked forums and I’m not the only one who’s had this issue simply starting the game, please tell me some lone knows how to sort this...

Same thing happened to me some time ago, the game was still INSTALLING from the disk and I just had to wait it to finish the installation to play the rest. See if you have enough free space in your HD or it's giving you an error. 

The "copy from the disc" thing only means that it's ready to start, not fully installed. 

You need to be in-game to actually install it, that's why there's only that track available. 

Same deal on Dirt 4, from my experience, and I'm sure that there are others like that. 

Same happen with fifa if you want an other example ^^

You can just play a match while game is installing, and only one is available

Still better than a progress bar no ? 😇

I too was suprised when i started the game that i only could drive in Single Event Category but the game was still installing some data and i couldn't access any other part of the game... you can go to notifications -> downloads and see how much progress is made towards full game installation...

A different example that happened just today for me: i downloaded Mankind Divided and couldn't load up my latest save, i thought my save would've been broken but it turned out the game wasn't fully installed and that's why i couldn't progress :D  ... the lesson learned: just be patience :)

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys il try this later, it’s strange because there’s no progress bar for the download/install in the notifications tab on the pro, which is what’s throwing me off because it always has it 😂 

trying to get on asap and start this community event but the powers that be don’t want me to plat this game... I pray the devs keep adding to the events 

@Han_the_Dragon did you have it/see it downloading in your notifications? 

Edited by Shmeefly

3 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

@Han_the_Dragon did you have it/see it downloading in your notifications? 

No, from what I remember, it was already patched when I started (I had put the disc in to install and download the patch, then played at a later time). 

This kind of thing is really installing data from the disc, not downloading anything.

It's likely because they put the same info on disc as for download, so it only does the setup install when we put the disc into the system and install everything else when we start it.. Still not sure why they do this.