Frustrated trying to make a new field

I admit I am very frustrated.

At the start of the game I made a huge area for my town to be in, then completed furrowfield. When I cam back I tried to start a field to plant crops in my base but the worm won't appear to make the soil healthy and instead hangs out by the stupid magic tablet area.

To make matters worse, I want to build an irrigation station but I can't figure out how to plop the blueprint down! There is no option to do so, I can only view it. What the heck is going on here???

Not sure about your first issue (although it might be fixed by finishing the story?)

As for the second, you don't need the blueprint to make an irrigation station, simply create something similar (materials and shape don't even have to be the same I think) and it should figure out what it is. 

You can't turn every type of soil into a field, at least: that's my experience. Just try to place a scarecrow somewhere else. If the worm (can't think of its name) doesn't start pretty quickly after placing the scarecrow, try another spot. I had the same thing yesterday, at one spot I got rid of the top layer (some kind of sand), after which the second layer appeared to be better suited.

• 2 weeks later...