percentage stuck

not having much luck with this game at all, second playthrough after the first glitched at 99%, ive now done everything the guide says and that i can think of, but this second file is stuck at 98.3% . I've double checked that i bought all characters, i have all crests/ red and gold bricks / done all 10 bonus levels including voldemorts, all story missions and students in peril are all accounted for. am i missing something? any advice would help.....i dont want to do this damn game a third time. makes no sense at all

When you pause the game what do you see? Have you got every single golden brick and student?

The only thing I could think is that the game glitched (again, from what I read) and when you picked up a collectibles it didn't record.

From my experience I had a glitched student in peril (the one caught by the scrool in the tower with the owls): I remember I saved it and the student counter increased (it was the last one), but the % of the game remained the same! Luckily I have a back up, so I did it again and it worked.

But 98,3 seems a huge missing %, not related to a single collectible. Are you sure that you bought everything (for example all the spells)?

Another thing that I remember: in the inn there are 4 Lego constructions (related to the four years) which you can build only when you have the 24 crests of that year. Maybe you forgot these.

Unfortunately Lego HP 1-4 is the most broken Lego game (in a bad way) and you have to be very careful when you pick up a collectible. And there is also no patch. ?

Edited by Phoenix_argentea

Yea when I pause it shows I have everything. All gold bricks so didn't miss anything, even bought voldemort which is what glitches last time. I have a save from a little while before but might be too late for it to make a difference. Do the tutorial levels count towards the percentage? There's 4 of them teaching you about level creation. Only other thing I can think of is that I used some red brick cheats early on for the detectors to speed up my second run, however I still collected those red bricks out in the world agai  (as they don't disappear nor do they count the second time though) so I'm not sure, quite irritating 

98.3 is a very specific number, I agree with Phoenix, you've missed something somewhere.

Go do those four tutorials just to be safe. I'm not sure if they actually count or not, but its worth ruling out.

Codes really screw with progression in these early LEGO games, so make sure you picked up anything you might have entered.

Turn on all your indicators and run through every overworld area. There might be something you've already collected but didn't get registered properly (I remember my first playthrough had me redoing one outdoor puzzle I had already completed just to get it to register).

Make sure you got every character, including alternate costumes (easy to miss on your character screen).

Edit: You cleared all the bonus levels including the final city one, right? The final one doesn't award a gold brick, just a giant pile of studs and there is no direct trophy connected to it, so it's easy to miss if you don't know it's there.

Edited by JellySoupForever

31 minutes ago, JellySoupForever said:

98.3 is a very specific number, I agree with Phoenix, you've missed something somewhere.

Go do those four tutorials just to be safe. I'm not sure if they actually count or not, but its worth ruling out.

Codes really screw with progression in these early LEGO games, so make sure you picked up anything you might have entered.

Turn on all your indicators and run through every overworld area. There might be something you've already collected but didn't get registered properly (I remember my first playthrough had me redoing one outdoor puzzle I had already completed just to get it to register).

Make sure you got every character, including alternate costumes (easy to miss on your character screen).

Edit: You cleared all the bonus levels including the final city one, right? The final one doesn't award a gold brick, just a giant pile of studs and there is no direct trophy connected to it, so it's easy to miss if you don't know it's there.

yea the final city level was just running around as voldemort destroying stuff, and yes the 10 bonus levels as well. i realized on my way to work that i might have overlooked actually purchasing all the red bricks that i unlocked. I'm 100% certain i collected them all (even the ones with in game cheats used) since it says 20/20 and i couldnt find any red arrow indicator anywhere, but i dont believe i actually went and purchased them all on my second run since i wasnt as curious to check them out as i was on my first. im hoping this is the percentage thats missing. i was very careful everytime i earned a brick / character token / peril student to try and avoid any bugs, so i'll have to check later today and report back with an update then

i apologize to everyone, it only took me a week to notice i was posting in the ps3 section for the ps4 equivalent of this game, a week and two threads! greatness is my specialty.  also to update the percentage issue status, it turns out buying the red bricks and not just unlocking is exactly what i needed to reach that 100%. so now that that is out of the way, i can proceed to the remaining years of this collection, yay

4 hours ago, Atom1cMoose said:

i apologize to everyone, it only took me a week to notice i was posting in the ps3 section for the ps4 equivalent of this game, a week and two threads! greatness is my specialty.  also to update the percentage issue status, it turns out buying the red bricks and not just unlocking is exactly what i needed to reach that 100%. so now that that is out of the way, i can proceed to the remaining years of this collection, yay

Well, the PS3 and PS4 versions are exactly the same, glitches and bugs included! :P

Anyway, congratulations for the platinum, this time you had no evil glitches on your way! :)

Luckily the sequel is better, both gameplay and glitches (is one of my favourite LEGO games, together with Jurassic World). Just be careful about the only missable trophy "Hogwarts has changed": during year 7 (between level 2-3 or 3-4) when you're in the hub inside the ten, interact with the Hogwarts map and you'll see the school during the dark times. If you proceed further in the game you won't be able to interact with the map.

10 hours ago, Atom1cMoose said:

Awesome, glad it all worked out.

Thankfully, LEGO Harry Potter 2 has way less gamebreaking glitches than the first game.

8 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Well, the PS3 and PS4 versions are exactly the same, glitches and bugs included! :P

Anyway, congratulations for the platinum, this time you had no evil glitches on your way! :)

Luckily the sequel is better, both gameplay and glitches (is one of my favourite LEGO games, together with Jurassic World). Just be careful about the only missable trophy "Hogwarts has changed": during year 7 (between level 2-3 or 3-4) when you're in the hub inside the ten, interact with the Hogwarts map and you'll see the school during the dark times. If you proceed further in the game you won't be able to interact with the map.

cheers man, ive played jurassic world / lego city undercover as well, and i enjoyed the harry potter ones more, bugs and all. i guess the theme and all was a bit more interesting for me, plus magic is awesome.  thanks for the heads up on the map i'll take a look into that.

2 hours ago, JellySoupForever said:

Awesome, glad it all worked out.

Thankfully, LEGO Harry Potter 2 has way less gamebreaking glitches than the first game.

thanks :) its also shorter! i think, well at least the trophy list seems to revolve a lot more around actual missions than just random acts / collectibles

43 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

thanks :) its also shorter! i think, well at least the trophy list seems to revolve a lot more around actual missions than just random acts / collectibles

While it is shorter from a mission stand point, there are more collectibles and some of the puzzles are a bit more needlessly obtuse. All and all, it should take about as long as the first game to complete, sans glitches.

4 hours ago, Atom1cMoose said:

cheers man, ive played jurassic world / lego city undercover as well, and i enjoyed the harry potter ones more, bugs and all. i guess the theme and all was a bit more interesting for me, plus magic is awesome.  thanks for the heads up on the map i'll take a look into that.

I agree with @Jelly Soup. I don't think it's shorter about the collectibles, since there are always a lot of them. The platinum time should be equal to the first game (more or less).

But Hogwarts in 5-7 looks better and the colletibles detectors work fine (compared to the first one, where you could have a golden arrow, but the brick was 2 km away from the arrow and you keep running around Hogwarts without understanding where the hell was that stupid brick!). You have new spells, new abilities, and there are also the duels!

And you have some "random" trophies, like defeating Bellatrix with Sirius or Neville in free game. But, compared to the PS3 version, they removed one trophy, "Idle", where you had to leave untouched the controller for 5 minutes.