PlayStation Store’s massive Summer Sale

RJP_X

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

There are PS3 games and Vita games on sale, but not a lot of them. I'm doing this from my phone, so I apologise in advance if it looks funky.

Nope. That thread was about the EU sale. In Europe there are only 6 games for vita on sales and that's from the "July Savings" sales.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Nope. That thread was about the EU sale. In Europe there are only 6 games for vita on sales and that's from the "July Savings" sales.

Haha, didn't realize you were referring to the EU sale. Sucks though because usually the PS3 and PSV get a little love in these bigger sales.

On 23/07/2019 at 0:05 PM, ObliviousSenpai said:

Definitely getting Driveclub since I have no idea when it'll go on sale again, if ever. I might also pick up Hitman 2 Gold Edition and SCVI.

Consider getting the season pass for Driveclub too. It's an awesome game and the pass adds so much more (but some of it very difficult, including three infamous races).

• Like 1

i want to get disgaea 5, the base game for $12. does anybody who platinum'd the game know if the complete edition for $20 is a giant help in getting the platinum? or would one be fine with the cheaper priced version of the game? thank you for any response for this. 

1 hour ago, RJP_X said:

i want to get disgaea 5, the base game for $12. does anybody who platinum'd the game know if the complete edition for $20 is a giant help in getting the platinum? or would one be fine with the cheaper priced version of the game? thank you for any response for this. 

I'm not who you were looking to answer since Disgaea 5 is the only one I haven't played (yet!), but I took a look at the list.

Probably the only trophy that would benefit from DLC characters is the deal a crap ton of damage trophy. DLC characters would help because of their unique evilities to deal more damage. However, probably the only ones worth it are Laharl/Laharl-chan (Strong Personality) with Etna's Sadistic (I assume you can still transfer evilities). Idol Assist from Plenair looks like it would also be helpful, but is probably not necessary. Unless you're interrupting your grinding to attempt the trophy, you may even not save time by having the DLC evilities because you grinded out good enough equips to do it with other characters.

I'm not sure on the DLC packs, but I'd guess Etna and Laharl come in the same one, so you can probably get by with just that pack instead of the season pass/complete edition, which will be cheaper.

My advice is: if you want to play the DLC stories, buy the season pass/complete edition. If you're just looking to make the plat easier, don't buy any DLC, because that attitude becomes akin to pay2win for trophies/you don't need them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I'm not who you were looking to answer since Disgaea 5 is the only one I haven't played (yet!), but I took a look at the list.

Probably the only trophy that would benefit from DLC characters is the deal a crap ton of damage trophy. DLC characters would help because of their unique evilities to deal more damage. However, probably the only ones worth it are Laharl/Laharl-chan (Strong Personality) with Etna's Sadistic (I assume you can still transfer evilities). Idol Assist from Plenair looks like it would also be helpful, but is probably not necessary. Unless you're interrupting your grinding to attempt the trophy, you may even not save time by having the DLC evilities because you grinded out good enough equips to do it with other characters.

I'm not sure on the DLC packs, but I'd guess Etna and Laharl come in the same one, so you can probably get by with just that pack instead of the season pass/complete edition, which will be cheaper.

My advice is: if you want to play the DLC stories, buy the season pass/complete edition. If you're just looking to make the plat easier, don't buy any DLC, because that attitude becomes akin to pay2win for trophies/you don't need them.

thanks a bunch, i was just hoping to buy the base game only because it seems like a really good price, i was personally waiting for $15, but $12 is even better. i had no intention of buying the complete version until i read that a number of people were opting for that version. which did make me start to think if the complete version would be any help on the road to platinum. or if everything is fine enough with the regular version to get by through with.

like dragon ball xenoverse 1 for example i hear has a DLC that can make the RNG a bit easier, i platinum'd the game on both ps3 and ps4 and never bought the DLC. and both times i was pretty close anyways with maxing out mentor relations and getting all the skills anyways so the platinum was already in reach without needing that DLC that a number of people would recommend. so i was curious if this game had anything similar to what i just described lol. 

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

I think I'll just get Mirror's Edge Catalyst on this one, seems like a good price. A shame the 1st one isn't available digitally though, really wanted to try it out.

It's available digitally. Goes on sale for $5 or less pretty regularly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Give it another hour but don't hold your breath.  It'll either be more garbage or nothing at all.

this pretty much, there are new sales but not sure if they were added to the summer sale. nothing to get excited over, but seen new games were added on the PSPrices site.

also i have a question to anybody that reads this, the topic title has been changed from how i originally had it. not sure if its a mods doing or my likely irrational fear of being hacked. its definitely an improvement from how i originally had it but just concerned on how it was changed.