Most annoying trophy list on your profile

REAPER4536

Oh sir the insult simulator.

By far the most annoying game on my list. I platted it but I dont even want to think about how many hours I wasted on that stupid bullshit rng trophy. 'Say no more' 

Heart & Slash. 

This glitch ridden shitter of a game will forever just have to sit there at 84%. It's impossible for me to plat it as every time I get to the second stage it crashes. Beyond annoying! 

Drive club. Like an idiot I bought all the dlc and I have no intention of ever doing it as it bores the shit out of me. Well I'm an idiot! 

Those are my top 3 for sure. 

The original inFamous' blast shards were infuriating; hundreds of little collectibles that don't show up on the map unless you are standing very close to them whilst you ping the mini-map? Ugh. It took me two years to work up the motivation to return for the last few shards...

Oh, and I'll also second @MandA60VISE's mention of the Secret of Mana remake: the drop rate on those rare items is horrendously low. I honestly couldn't be bothered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 0:48 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I think nothing can compare to In Space We Brawl. Not only it's a poor game, it has terrible trophy list consisting in 90% of pure grind. In EU PS4 version, 4,430 of 4,546 people (~97.4%) didn't get a single trophy and it sits at 0% on their profile.

I agree that it's a bad game and trophy requirements are terrible but the grind isn't that bad , I completed 4 stacks lol and the worst trophy from this game is probably "Here it comes!" or "Rain of bullets". I was doing "Rain of bullets" on two versions simultaneously with two consoles and rubberbands because i don't have a turbo controller...

The most annoying trophy on my profile is probably perfect crime on heavy rain on ps4 because I had to replay half of the chapters like 10+ times lol, because trophy just didn't want to pop for me, I was trying for days, I tried every possible route that I found and trophy still didn't pop and then I replayed the whole game again from start doing the same choices as on the first playtrough and the trophy finally popped, I still don't know what was different but I am happy that I got it

I don't mind if trophy is hard or takes a lot of time, I just hate when trophy doesn't pop when it should ?

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

For what i played, i have two big candidates:

1.- Invokers Tournament (shitty based luck requirements for most of the trophies and TOXIC fanbase that maked almost impossible to progress). The worst decision i made in gaming was downloading that "free" game.

2.- Uncharted 3 with the DLC trophies. ¿Who in the Creation was responsible for elaborating the requirements for each of the DLC trophies? Coop needs very, very skilled partners and having a good dose of luck and Jedi reflexes to avoid getting killed and/or farm treasures from enemies/bosses. Speaking of those treasures. A shitfest of luck. You need the blessing of the gods, have your chakra aligned, equip accessories to increase your luck stats and pray with the aid of somes candles and a good bunch of rituals.

3.- I reminded another one: Knight's contract. Bugs, a very good dose of difficulty in early bosses, very quick QUTE's, glitches and, the cherry on the top consisting of having to tackle the game like 6 or 7 times to get all the difficulty trophies.

• Like 2

This is a pretty tough one.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture had a pretty aggravating and annoying trophy list just because of the random shit you had to do for the platinum. But it was a pretty easy platinum despite all that, so I don't really count it as being one of the most frustrating.

A few (Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 & Red Dead Redemption) have some pretty ludicrous multiplayer requirements. Personally I hate boosting, a lot of the time people don't show up and/or they're incompetent. Plus I currently live in a backwoods area where internet is a pile of shit anyway, so I'm mostly just an inconvenience for everyone else who is playing. However the reason I list these games is because you have to rely on multiple people. For Red Dead Redemption you need no less than 9 people for one trophy (Kingpin), 8 people for one trophy and the platinum (Posse Up), and at least 5 - 6 people for a frustrating trophy (Pa Poker Ace). I still don't have the 100 percent, and I probably won't because of how bad the servers are now. The Uncharted games went way too far with the multiplayer DLC, something that Naughty Dog doesn't mind at all because they also did this with Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within & Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones are probably what I'm going to end up picking. You are required to play through the games THREE times each for the platinums. The games have NOT aged well at all. The platforming is a mess of frustration and sheer trial and error. The combat doesn't feel satisfying. To top it off, The Warrior Within has an infamous sand portal glitch that is triggered near the end of the game, forcing you to play the entire thing over again if you happen to come across it. Both are buggy messes, Ubisoft was too lazy to give them a proper remaster. 

• Like 2

Because you ask for most annoying trophy list and not game, I think F1 2015 qualifies. The trophy list seems to have been created by someone who simply hates trophy hunters and trophies in general.

"Spend 180 hours minutes on Silverstone". Okay, why though?

"Do 50 laps in time trial on the Russia track in a Marussia" Because hehehe Russia-Marussia, get it?

"Go 50 laps around the horrible Singapore track in a slow ass car" and "do at least 50 more laps in another slow ass car".

There is more of that and it's still only time trial. Quick Race is equally uninspired and annoying. Those all have to be 'clean' laps and since the game is pretty stringent on what a clean lap is , it's never fun or challenging unless you want to botch every second lap or so and take twice as long.

I really feel like the Codemasters employee who cooked up this trophy list keeps whispering "you're my bitch now" in my ear while I'm driving.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
It felt like hours but I meant minutes
  • Like 1

There is one game on my list in particular that I think is made much worse by its trophy list: The Last Guardian

Most trophies are fine, they can be annoying, sure, like removing all the spears from Trico in time (it's easy to miss one due to how furry Trico is), or any combat related trophy, since there is no real combat in the game, but OK. 

But the worst offender is "All Talked Out", which has you deliberately playing the game like a two year old, not knowing what to do next in order to trigger a "hint", of which there are 95 or so in the game. I really don't know why this trophy exists.. it makes no sense. For some of the hints I was waiting 30+ minutes, idly standing around hoping the narrator would finally decide that I've been waiting long enough and deserve my hint. 

Oh, and all 95 hints are missable!!! And since there is no chapter select, missing one means one additional playthrough. Fun times!

I have nothing against speedrun trophies, or multiple playthroughs (most of the time) or anything that challenges the player. But forcing the player to play as boringly as possible.... That doesn't help the game at all. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

Top of the list would be Fallout Shelter, for me. It's a mobile game. I don't play mobile games (and not only because micro transactions were invented by the Canadian Devil), so why did I even consider playing it on a PS4 Pro? What the hell was I thinking when I gave this game a try, just because of the Fallout franchise? Why, why, why?

Contenders: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Gone Home. I walk. A lot. And I do recall visiting some of those strange thingies with walls and roofs where people live. Don't need a simulator for this. Also their "stories" rank quite high on my "meh" pantheon.

Mention to The Saboteur, with its "ambient freeplays". After a while, I honestly felt a tad out of said ambience, to say the least (who said: "bored AF"?).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Top of the list would be Fallout Shelter, for me. It's a mobile game. I don't play mobile games (and not only because micro transactions were invented by the Canadian Devil), so why did I even consider playing it on a PS4 Pro? What the hell was I thinking when I gave this game a try, just because of the Fallout franchise? Why, why, why?

Contenders: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Gone Home. I walk. A lot. And I do recall visiting some of those strange thingies with walls and roofs where people live. Don't need a simulator for this. Also their "stories" rank quite high on my "meh" pantheon.

Mention to The Saboteur, with its "ambient freeplays". After a while, I honestly felt a tad out of said ambience, to say the least (who said: "bored AF"?).

I enjoyed everyday gone rapture, only problem was that the walking pace was so slow, but the graphics where incredible, have gone home but yet to play, same as the saboteur. It's set in German nazi times during the war right or France, looks pretty good but the trophies look very grindy. 

Mine was surgeon sim, felt like I was drunk playing it and how I did the platinum is beyond me, others include resident evil 6 such a bore, especially after doing it on Xbox. My worse 3 are Hong knong massacre, onrush because now I'm on superstar rating it's glitched out with challenges and the worse ever ever ever game on my list which sends shudders down my spin as I write this comment is seb Leob evo racking takes about 30+ hours with only 5-6 tracks and it's constantly the same thing over and over. Oh and resogun I just can't save the damn humans some die in the boxes before I can even get to the little buggers.

6 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Because you ask for most annoying trophy list and not game, I think F1 2015 qualifies. The trophy list seems to have been created by someone who simply hates trophy hunters and trophies in general.

"Spend 180 hours on Silverstone". Okay, why though?

"Do 50 laps in time trial on the Russia track in a Marussia" Because hehehe Russia-Marussia, get it?

"Go 50 laps around the horrible Singapore track in a slow ass car" and "do at least 50 more laps in another slow ass car".

There is more of that and it's still only time trial. Quick Race is equally uninspired and annoying. Those all have to be 'clean' laps and since the game is pretty stringent on what a clean lap is , it's never fun or challenging unless you want to botch every second lap or so and take twice as long.

I really feel like the Codemasters employee who cooked up this trophy list keeps whispering "you're my bitch now" in my ear while I'm driving.

Doing 80 laps on pro on Monaco was hell I can't do manual gears every lap I got a puncher or lost my wing, 150 laps around Russia British GP And Germany was a terrible trophys, and getting into Q2 on pro was a joke however I used the pile up glitch to take out 5 cars ????

Edited by afc-razor-84
  • Like 1

While I love RPGs and farming/grinding (yeah believe it or not, some people actually enjoy it!) Cross Edge took most of my sanity. Its platinum required to do a helluva lot of combinations and farming with a really awful interface that made even harder to keep on with the whole process.

PTSD trigger:

Spoiler

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Nowadays I don't have the patience for this kind of games any longer.

41 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Doing 80 laps on pro on Monaco was hell I can't do manual gears every lap I got a puncher or lost my wing, 150 laps around Russia British GP And Germany was a terrible trophys, and getting into Q2 on pro was a joke however I used the pile up glitch to take out 5 cars 1f602.png1f44d-1f3fb.png1f602.png

I have tried my hand at Pro Season and without a steering wheel I find it too hard on all tracks except Austria. There I managed to get into Q2. I almost made it at Canada as well but was bumped at the last second. That mode is silly without a wheel but I won't be buying another one any time soon. I had a racing wheel for my PS3 but hardly ever used it. And unfortunately, the triggers of a PS4 controller have so little travel that I just can not make it out of a hairpin in anything other than 4th gear with my trigger happy fingers.

I do feel like Pro Season is a special case. That is at least somewhat skill based. Just like the time trial trophies in previous (PS3) titles at least required you to get a certain lap time. The time trial trophies in 2015 are just stupid mindless grind and zero skill. They're just...well, annoying :) At least half of the trophies feel like wasted time. I know that goes for all trophy hunting, but I don't think there's a need to rub it in like in this game :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Doing 80 laps on pro on Monaco was hell I can't do manual gears every lap I got a puncher or lost my wing, 150 laps around Russia British GP And Germany was a terrible trophys, and getting into Q2 on pro was a joke however I used the pile up glitch to take out 5 cars ????

If you have a disc version of f1 15, delete it pause the patch,, on Q1 stay at the end of the pits once all the cars are out just reverse into them very hard you should get four cars now find one and slam it to pieces, do this 5 times and you will have the hardest trophy unless your excellent with a wheel but even on pro there like real f1 AI drivers

Every Quantic Dreams game.

The games are good. Playing them over and over to achieve all trophies is such an annoying thing to do. Gameplay is almost non-existent, so you basically just watch the same or slightly different cutscenes. Heavy Rain took the cake with nine (+) different endings. Yes they were different and served well for people achieving different endings on their first PT, but it was such a drag after that.

Still, I dont know how they could change/solve this issue. Giving out the plat after one PT? Collectibles became also a thing.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

Any game that has a small amount of online trophies mixed into a mostly single player game, usually which have obnoxious requirements. I usually just give up and stick with 100%ing the single player trophies and not bothering with the plat.

Key ones for this are Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Binary Domain. Hell I enjoyed Space Marine's multiplayer but completing all challenges is ridiculous, as are some of AC:B's trophy requirements. GTAIV can just piss off with those requirements (and I've heard it's full of hackers now) and Binary Domain is not only absurd but also dead. I also pretty much never buy online multiplayer DLC either, so Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed III, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 5, Battlefield 3, Bioshock 2, Call of Duty: W@W and BLOPS will never be 100%,d, plus games like Bulletstorm and (once again) Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine have either delisted DLC or shut down servers anyway.

• Like 2

Killzone shadowfall. I really want to platinum it cos I actually enjoy the campaign but the multiplayer trophies are ridiculous, thankfully you can play against bots online but one of the abilities can only be upgraded by another player because the bots dont use it and its too hard to find someone to get it done with. Also the mulitplayer trophies alone without having someone to help takes between 100-150 hours.

Edited by xXNuTzYXx
mistake
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, xXNuTzYXx said:

Killzone shadowfall. I really want to platinum it cos I actually enjoy the campaign but the multiplayer trophies are ridiculous, thankfully you can play against bots online but one of the abilities can only be upgraded by another player because the bots dont use it and its too hard to find someone to get it done with. Also the mulitplayer trophies alone without having someone to help takes between 100-150 hours.

It is going to be on my to do list soon pal, figured I should given I got it with the console. What are the requirements? Add me if you need a partner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

It is going to be on my to do list soon pal, figured I should given I got it with the console. What are the requirements? Add me if you need a partner.

Its stupidly long to do. I started playing it again 2 weeks ago cos i got it with the console but the hardest one is to upgrade every multiplayer ability in the game to max level. Theres about 15 abilities and in about 30 hours ive upgraded 2 abilities to max. For example, you need 500 revives to max out the revive ability and most games you get between 5-10 if you're lucky so it would take between 50-100 games to do without boosting with someone, and that's only 1 ability.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:20 AM, VirtualNight said:

Maybe not really related to the topic, but I must say Proteus... I lost a part of my soul for playing such garbage and even today I ask myself how I 100%ed that thing, I wonder where that part of my soul is now, hidden somewhere waiting that the "game" gets erased from this world.

If I wanna offend someone, I just call them "proteus".

tfw they wasted vita carts on this piece of shit