Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition AS

• 2 years later...

Guys, the English version in the Hong Kong store is not the AS version? Do I need to buy the Chinese/Korean version and if the answer is yes, does the Chinese/Korean version comes at least with English subtitles? Thank you!!!!! 

Edited by bani24jj

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful when you purchase this on the HK PSN store via the PS4 console, they share the same game art unlike the physical copy which has a different cover.  You'll have to click on the game page and read which one is being offered as they are sold always the same whether during sale or in its original price.  However if you log-in via https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/ the version will clearly be indicated below the title.  It's also cheaper to get it digital because physical copies are very rare and can cost quite a lot.  Got the Chinese/Korean digital version during a sale for only HK$59.40 whereas on auction disc versions can cost up to £45 with no guarantee if and when it will arrive from overseas - then there's the possibility of customs tax.

To put this into context, a HK$80.00 costs only £9.02 or US$11.29 on PlayAsia.  Wait for a SALE event but bookmark the game so you can monitor it.

@bani24jj The subtitles are in Mandarin as everything in the UI and menus.  The only English thing in there is the language.  Just use the Smart Google Translator App's camera to read what's being said in there.  So far for me it works like a charm.  Translations may not be 100% accurate but it's enough to get us by.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 0:24 AM, bani24jj said:

Awesome. Thank you so much, that way I can play the US and EU version first and let this at the end to know what I'm doing 1f44c.png1f60e.png1f601.png

Another warning doing a third PS4 stack as this is what I'm currently doing at the moment. The stats we have on the servers might glitch the :gold: Chief Inspector trophy - complete 100% of all missions, cases, favors, events, jobs and races. I don't see anyone discussing this problem here but even the second PS4 stack had caused a problem for some.

The glitch seems to happen with the older server stats affecting the stacks.  More info can be found HERE. Heads up, the link will take you out of PSNP and towards the PST.org forums. Personally I don't think I've had any problems with my second stack but I'm contemplating on playing the third stack offline just in case.

Edited by Eispan