Host issue’s

boromir120

So I’ve got two playstations and was self boosting the online trophies, but when I host a game my other PlayStation can’t connect to my game or even find my game (just says no games available) when I try inviting the other PlayStation they don’t receive the invite for some reason. However when my other playstation hosts I can connect to it no problem. I receive the invites and everything. 

I swapped logins for each playstation and that didn’t work either? Why is this? What’s wrong?

this is only an issue because I can’t get the host trophy. 

EDIT- solved the problem. It’s a NAT type issue. Anybody else who has problems change your NAT to open 

Edited by boromir120

• 5 months later...

Hi, Memesby and me have been trying to get the "supporting act" as stated and neither of us can connect with each other. I tried playing with other players and they could connect to me like a month ago, when I got the 10 online matches. Currently I have a NAT 2 connection, as 99% of the people behind a router. I tried placing the PS3's IP in the DMZ, then opening ports, then using the uPnP option on the router's menu and nothing worked. When I try searching an online game, the search just lasts like half a second and it returns the "no sessions found" message, and I don't receive any game invites from friends. As the last option, I went to my workplace and used the internet connection we have there. I can get a NAT 1 connection because I make the PS3 do the PPPoE authentication, thus getting a public IP directly, no router inbetween. That didn't work. The only thing in common between my home and work connection is the ISP (Telefonica/Movistar, from Spain).

The only thing I haven't tried yet is using an internet connection from another ISP. I will move to a new home very soon and get a different ISP. Apart from this, I can't fathom what can be happening, because some people have been getting the supporting trophy act lately...

Other games, like Uncharted 2 & 3 back then in summer before the server closure, driveclub, assassin's creed black flag and many more I've been playing these days work well in MP. It's just this game, and I fear DJ Hero 2 will be more of the same...

Out of the 15ish people I played with during the past week, I could only invite 5 (4 from EU, 1 from States), none of them could invite me. I´ve since tried wired/dmz/upnp/no upnp, just couldn't test ppoe just yet. This is the only game I've had issues with, nat has always been type 2.

18 hours ago, Wip3r_U said:

Hi, Memesby and me ....

The only thing I haven't tried yet is using an internet connection from another ISP. I will move to a new home very soon and get a different ISP. Apart from this, I can't fathom what can be happening, because some people have been getting the supporting trophy act lately...

Likewise, I will have another connection by the end of the month, on a much better speed and different ISP. Until then I'll keep trying with as many people as I can.