Help with DLCs

det_gittes

I've been looking at the Vita edition of Minecraft for quite some time now but whenever I go to the Playstation store, I find it super confusing as to what constitutes the DLC equivalents of the expansion packs that add trophies to the base game (and since there are 67 of them, I get discouraged and leave). Could someone please explain to me how they work? And why is there not a season pass for this game? (There is one season pass for the Battle Map Pack, but I suppose it's something different.)

The trophy DLCs are patched in for free in all 3 versions of the game so if you have the latest patch installed, you already have everything required to 100% the game. The premium DLCs are all trophyless and include a mixture of additional MP maps (which no-one plays on so don't waste your money), character skins and themed mashups that let you build worlds based on various licensed and unlicensed properties e.g. Toy Story 4, Ancient Greece, Fallout 3, Stranger Things etc. so unless you're massively into this game, don't bother with any of these.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Confirming. The purchasable DLCs are only for cosmetics and battle mode maps. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe these will work on all three versions if you do get them for some reason. As far as trophies are concerned, everything is free. The PS4 version will be the easiest though, due to a nice exploit only available on that version, and has the most trophies.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I've been looking at the Vita edition of Minecraft for quite some time now but whenever I go to the Playstation store, I find it super confusing as to what constitutes the DLC equivalents of the expansion packs that add trophies to the base game (and since there are 67 of them, I get discouraged and leave). Could someone please explain to me how they work? And why is there not a season pass for this game? (There is one season pass for the Battle Map Pack, but I suppose it's something different.)

all dlcs are free and so save the money and dont buy anything else of minecraft

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

The PS4 version will be the easiest though, due to a nice exploit only available on that version, and has the most trophies.

Thanks all, I was thinking about the Vita edition so as to have something casual to play on holidays, I am fairly sure that I wouldn't go for platinum/100% anyway.

• 2 years later...