Allow Users to Form Trophy Groups Across Profiles

It’s possible that this has already been suggested previously (if so, I apologize), but has the idea of Trophy Teams ever been explored? Where groups would get together, form a team and have a shared profile/cabinet? The catalyst for this idea comes from the fact that my brother and I grew up playing games together, trying to rack up trophies, but ultimately kids get older and move away, and stop sharing consoles/profiles. I love the collection of trophies we’ve built, but at this point it stretches two profiles, and I would love to see them all together (especially given we genuinely worked on certain games together).

In addition, it could add another form of competition on the site beyond individual competitions in the leaderboard or the forums. Anyways, just a thought born out of my own trophy lust! 

Edited by PFinchen
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, PFinchen said:

It’s possible that this has already been suggested previously (if so, I apologize), but has the idea of Trophy Teams ever been explored? Where groups would get together, form a team and have a shared profile/cabinet? The catalyst for this idea comes from the fact that my brother and I grew up playing games together, trying to rack up trophies, but ultimately kids get older and move away, and stop sharing consoles/profiles. I love the collection of trophies we’ve built, but at this point it stretches two profiles, and I would love to see them all together (especially given we genuinely worked on certain games together).

Not to burst your bubble, but I believe this is already in effect. Just ask Hakoom. /s

Joking aside, interesting concept and with a little tweaking, something I'd support. 

You mean the like people on the leaderboards out themselves as team accounts? While team accounts aren’t forbidden by any means, it’s something that people fee really strongly about. 

Its also very likely against Sonys terms of service since it’s supposed to be one person per account and only at the actual address they reside at, etc. Not that people care about that part of the ToS. 

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, he's saying the website form a way to pool accounts together into a group listing of individual accounts so we could challenge each other with "Team Cheat Removal" vs "Team Moderators." in various contests. It could also be used for other things, liked combined trophy cabinets, milestones, etc. More of a way to form a "collective score" of sorts.

Edit: This is a good idea, but other things should be prioritized.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

No, he's saying the website form a way to pool accounts together into a group listing of individual accounts so we could challenge each other with "Team Cheat Removal" vs "Team Moderators." in various contests. It could also be used for other things, liked combined trophy cabinets, milestones, etc. More of a way to form a "collective score" of sorts.

Oh, I like that idea. Like registered teams. Of course people are humans and with humans comes drama so I'm sure the coming and going of people to each of the teams is going to be pure chaos and nothing I want to involve myself with, but if it were a self-service affair where the teams pick a leader or co-leaders who could add and remove people as they choose, that would be interesting.

I envision a lot of complications though. Would the teams only pool trophy points? Unique trophy points? Like if everyone on the team has the same Mayo trophies should they only be counted once? Would the leaderboards have to be split up to compare only 2 person teams, or 3 person teams, etc?

Very interesting concept.

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Oh, I like that idea. Like registered teams. Of course people are humans and with humans comes drama so I'm sure the coming and going of people to each of the teams is going to be pure chaos and nothing I want to involve myself with, but if it were a self-service affair where the teams pick a leader or co-leaders who could add and remove people as they choose, that would be interesting.

I envision a lot of complications though. Would the teams only pool trophy points? Unique trophy points? Like if everyone on the team has the same Mayo trophies should they only be counted once? Would the leaderboards have to be split up to compare only 2 person teams, or 3 person teams, etc?

Very interesting concept.

Yes, sorry for my lack of clarity, I don’t mean the “multiple people using one account” concept. I mean pools of multiple accounts and kind of a combined trophy list, completely separate from our current leaderboards and such. Might be too much infrastructure to add, but there’s a pretty strong community here. I’m sure it could add some fun new ways to trophy hunt and compete. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm just gonna recommend that you change the title to something like "Allow users to form fun competition groups to compete one against the other" so it doesn't get confused with team accounts.

Good idea, I named it something that hopefully makes the idea less opaque. 

• Like 2

I'd want to see a profile for PSNP as a whole. There's a couple stats on the front page, sure, but of those 2.x million trophies earned, how many plats? What's the overall completion of the community, how many unearned trophies? What was and who earned trophy 1million, 2million etc?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I'd want to see a profile for PSNP as a whole. There's a couple stats on the front page, sure, but of those 2.x million trophies earned, how many plats? What's the overall completion of the community, how many unearned trophies? What was and who earned trophy 1million, 2million etc?

Billion, dude! Also, plats are noted on the first page (currently 18.5 million), but I would like to know who hit the community milestones (first trophy, millionth trophy, billionth trophy, etc.).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Edit: This is a good idea, but other things should be prioritized.

#GoTeamModerators.

Good idea, but I personally want to see the series leaderboards, flagging impossible trophies, etc first. This could be really useful for events, but the top people will just team up to maintain their positions if it was turned into a leaderboard.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

25 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

#GoTeamModerators.

Good idea, but I personally want to see the series leaderboards, flagging impossible trophies, etc first. This could be really useful for events, but the top people will just team up to maintain their positions if it was turned into a leaderboard.

Thats a valid point regarding top folks just banding together. My use would be more personalized, my brother and perhaps friends of mine, but I’m sure we would see some mammoth teams form consisting of the highest ranking trophy hunters.