How to get the infamous magazine #41

JoaLoft

Hmm, I don't remember having the problems that you have mentioned, but what happened to me was that Kara and the other android couldn't die on the highway lol.

After tons of tries I noticed that for a previous magazine action I lowered the difficulty.

Well, at least in my case, it seemed that being on easy,  the game "wisely" helped me to do not die lol.

After changing the difficulty I could finally die.

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

After changing the difficulty I could finally die.

That's one of the most ironic sentences I've ever read. :D

Update: I just tried the method myself, and I can confirm it works: you need to hide in the motel or the car for magazine #41 to appear later in Zlatko's house. The flowchart indicates that only those two options (and not the abandoned house) lead to actively sneaking to the train station on the street and escaping. That's why the squat doesn't provide the same result.

Platinum trophy is finally in, thank God!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

You can trigger the sneaky Kara escape when you´re staying in the shack?

I´ve never managed that, game would only progress if Kara was found.

Guess I was lucky then, I picked the motel in my blind playtrough, had no problems with the magazine.

Nope, I tried it. I hid from Connor in the house, and if Connor leaves without finding Kara, they come out of their hiding place and thank Ralph for not telling on them.

Chapter ends there, no sneaking sequence to the train station. So yeah, I'd say everyone who picked motel or car on their first go to get the magazine got really lucky.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

I hid from Connor in the house, and if Connor leaves without finding Kara

Strange, is it just waiting a bit longer then?

I searched every room, inspected everyhting that was marked with R2, asked Ralph about it, Hank called for Connor...but there was no option to leave when I was close to the door

Or can you hide somehwere else? iirc you can´t choose a hiding spot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Update: I just tried the method myself, and I can confirm it works: you need to hide in the motel or the car for magazine #41 to appear later in Zlatko's house. The flowchart indicates that only those two options (and not the abandoned house) lead to actively sneaking to the train station on the street and escaping. That's why the squat doesn't provide the same result.

congrats on your platinum,so close myself

5 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

Strange, is it just waiting a bit longer then?

I searched every room, inspected everyhting that was marked with R2, asked Ralph about it, Hank called for Connor...but there was no option to leave when I was close to the door

Or can you hide somehwere else? iirc you can´t choose a hiding spot.

Yeah, I just let Connor roam the main room a bit longer, until Hank comes in during a cutscene and asks Connor to leave, on account of not finding anything.

4 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Have you considered playing at night?

Unfortunately, I can't. I usually sleep at night. ;)

1 minute ago, KilledByMatty said:

congrats on your platinum,so close myself

Thanks! Good luck on getting it, and take caution if you still need to find magazine #41.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

This also caught me out as well. Only one left I needed, taking a break from playing the game though.

Seems weird a trophy guide helping you to get the trophies in a good way would end making it so one magazine, probably the hardest to get would be missing.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I replayed from Fugitives, using the above instructions - but didn't have it on save mode as I liked how my game currently panned out.
Guess what? I messed up, found Alice too quickly and then couldn't read the Magazine.

Now having to replay it again. Boy does this game suck for completionists

Edited by wakeriderj
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, JoaLoft said:

So you just sleep in the car ? i cant have the goddamn trophy i sneak all the police but in zlatko chapter doesnt appear, to fix it i just need to sleep in car?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

question on magazine #41 since i slept in the squat. 

Is it possible to reply the Fugitives chapter to get the sneaking sequence so that the magazine spawns in the zlatko chapter, then just reply zlatko chpater to get the magazine, or will i need to reply all chapters from Fugitives?

Edited by KAdamsy1

27 minutes ago, KAdamsy1 said:

question on magazine #41 since i slept in the squat. 

Is it possible to reply the Fugitives chapter to get the sneaking sequence so that the magazine spawns in the zlatko chapter, then just reply zlatko chpater to get the magazine, or will i need to reply all chapters from Fugitives?

Gotta replay all the chapters leading up to it.

• Like 1