Fastest Way For: You Big Show Off / Cool and Calm Trophy?

Jeffboy24

Some people already got both trophies.

Trying to figure out on how to get this trophy quick?

My guess would be starting a new career after getting the first of them two and just do short weekends?

Edited by Jeffboy24

Took me about 1 season and 6 races to get Cool and calm, then I restarted a season to get the other one, with short week end it will not take that long. The trophies of this game do not take so long compared to F1 2017's On the shoulders of giants took 4 to 5 seasons to grind, and in F1 2019 you even can grind level 50 online in leagues with your friends, so that's good. There's only Pure Gold that should be renamed Pure Crap ?

Edited by MarcancooL

Pure Gold was really easy for me. I got it without even really thinking hard about it.

I'm Level 16 Online and got it right away.

But that's because most of the time i finish P 1-3 almost every race with most finishes being P 1-2.

Edited by Jeffboy24

On 27/07/2019 at 4:00 PM, Jeffboy24 said:

Pure Gold was really easy for me. I got it without even really thinking hard about it.

I'm Level 16 Online and got it right away.

But that's because most of the time i finish P 1-3 almost every race with most finishes being P 1-2.

Well obviously if you are an excellent driver you won't have any problem reaching it. I play with some assists and with a joypad, so I may be 3 seconds a lap slower than people with no assists and wheel. Add to that stupid people who crash into you when you start on midfield positions, I usually end my races between 4 and 8 in a full room if I don't get crashed into, and it seems it won't be enough. Plus I was at 1578 after my first 5 races, then some idiot made me DNF and I lost 100 freaking points, that's ridiculous. Havent played ranked since, I'd rather stay with 98% completion percentage than going nuts for this trophy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

Well obviously if you are an excellent driver you won't have any problem reaching it. I play with some assists and with a joypad, so I may be 3 seconds a lap slower than people with no assists and wheel. Add to that stupid people who crash into you when you start on midfield positions, I usually end my races between 4 and 8 in a full room if I don't get crashed into, and it seems it won't be enough. Plus I was at 1578 after my first 5 races, then some idiot made me DNF and I lost 100 freaking points, that's ridiculous. Havent played ranked since, I'd rather stay with 98% completion percentage than going nuts for this trophy.

I play without assist with a Gamepad.

But of course it depends on skills.

Of course you have to look out. Most of the time i start from Pole and if not from P2. 

So with a good start in a 5 Lap race i will disappear really quickly from the carnage.

Edited by Jeffboy24

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having increasing difficulty going for the Showman trophy. I started a season with Mercedes and got good progress for the first half of the season. I was about half way up the ladder when I went for another batch of races last night. In about 10 races of doing both qualy and race I only managed to score another 2 or 3 points.

The only thing that has changed since I last played is that the 1.20 patch is now live. And some things have definitely changed for me:

• I get questions about my car most of the time. Answering them in a negative way about my team never increases showmanship but only decreases reputation.
  • When I get questions about my rivals, the options are pretty much always to suck up to them in some way or other.
  • Sometimes an answer that used to make my showmanship go up now causes my team's or my own reputation to go down.
  • I get an interview after every qualy now, which was not the case before.
  • Except for that one time last night where I got 1 question spread out over 2 races.

I tried quitting out of the interview a couple of times to see if that would change things, but there was no noticable difference.

One thing has not changed though, and that is that a lot of the times when I seem to do everything right (even one time when I answered 3 out of 3 questions correctly) the slider does not even move a single tick.

This trophy was already annoying and pointless as fuck and at this new pace it would take about 5 championship seasons to grind towards it. I miss the lists where you would get silvers for beating specific times, but I guess Codemasters realizes that F1 fans today enjoy the post race interviews more than the racing itself. Can't blame them either.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 2 weeks later...

There are two guaranteed ways to get sportmanship/showmanship questions.

Sportman: for qualifying, qualify on the front row with Weber to get a question about that. For the race, finish on the podium with Weber to get a question about that too.

Answer these questions with compliments to Weber. Be friendly about his performances.

Showman: for qualifying, qualify on the front row with Butler to get a question about that. For the race, finish on the podium with Butler to get a question about that too.

Answer these questions with something along the lines of "I'm better than Butler". Be an asshole about his performances.

It's pretty much impossible to force Weber and Butler to qualify on the front row with you, so just focus on getting them on the podium in the race. Do some dirty driving, push drivers off the track so that Weber or Butler can get past easily. I also suggest playing on an easier difficulty so that you don't struggle with getting wins.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 5:21 AM, pinkrobot_pb said:

I am having increasing difficulty going for the Showman trophy. I started a season with Mercedes and got good progress for the first half of the season. I was about half way up the ladder when I went for another batch of races last night. In about 10 races of doing both qualy and race I only managed to score another 2 or 3 points.

The only thing that has changed since I last played is that the 1.20 patch is now live. And some things have definitely changed for me:

• I get questions about my car most of the time. Answering them in a negative way about my team never increases showmanship but only decreases reputation.
  • When I get questions about my rivals, the options are pretty much always to suck up to them in some way or other.
  • Sometimes an answer that used to make my showmanship go up now causes my team's or my own reputation to go down.
  • I get an interview after every qualy now, which was not the case before.
  • Except for that one time last night where I got 1 question spread out over 2 races.

I tried quitting out of the interview a couple of times to see if that would change things, but there was no noticable difference.

One thing has not changed though, and that is that a lot of the times when I seem to do everything right (even one time when I answered 3 out of 3 questions correctly) the slider does not even move a single tick.

This trophy was already annoying and pointless as fuck and at this new pace it would take about 5 championship seasons to grind towards it. I miss the lists where you would get silvers for beating specific times, but I guess Codemasters realizes that F1 fans today enjoy the post race interviews more than the racing itself. Can't blame them either.

This is happening to me now?. I was doing everything right, even entering practices to make her appear and try some answers. By the final part of season, even showman answers now get rep up or down... How did you get?

14 hours ago, Hotrod_felix said:

This is happening to me now1f615.png. I was doing everything right, even entering practices to make her appear and try some answers. By the final part of season, even showman answers now get rep up or down... How did you get?

Bro that sucks. It may just be a run of bad luck though. In the end that's what I think it was for me. After shutting down my console, restarting the game and doing some more races it kinda returned back to what it was before and I managed to finally get the trophy after 2 or 3 more sessions of 2-3 hours each. But yeah it's super frustrating to do race after race and not gain a single point or to even see your rating go down when you think you got it right. Don't hesitate to shutt off the game and restart the interview when that happens. Hang in there, you will get it in the end!

• 2 weeks later...

Thk you so much, @pinkrobot_pb your tips were very useful.

Now, some tips for these 2 grindy trophies:

*Important* - 1 save file for each trophy (no way to continue the same career going from sportsman to showman, it would take ages

• Before start the career, there's an option to shut off the interview timer. It will be very helpful in order to not choose the wrong answer
  • Regarding the answers:

Sportsman: mostly, choose answers containing the word "team"

Showman: answers containing "I am"
(sorry but sometimes even choosing these it gets rep points up or down)

• Always check your hud to pick a rival 
  • On my gameplay, I tried to put butler or weber on the podium, to make the reporter ask about them, but I believe that it's only necessary to have a good fight (touch wheels, pass and get passed, etc
  • Do this with your rival and the main contender for the championship too
  • Change difficult to easy, it will help to push other drivers away from track and give free road to the moles (butler or weber) 

Showman took 1 season + 15 races, 
Sportsman: 1 season + 5 races

Good Luck everybody! ?

• Like 3