Warning: Buggy Game

SaltySoph

So I found a small YouTuber who made a Xbox guide for the video, if you just search "elea achievent guide" it will be the first to pop up. 

It's a 2 hour platinum but im just warning everyone that it's extremely buggy, my character got stuck multiple times and you couldnt move, the game wouldn't progress forwards after doing correct interactions and I had to quit to the menu and reload several times. The master of curiosity had still not popped for me after interacting with everything in that chapter. There are text guides which I followed but it must be bugged out. I'm going to try delete my save and try from the beginning since the trophy is in the first chapter. I'll update if it worked. 

Other than that it was an enjoyable short game.

Edited by SaltySoph
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ivaylo_7 said:

Hey man, dev here. First, thank you for playing the game. As a two-person team, these releases are magical moments :) 

Now regarding the problems you mention - did the characters stuck while you skip subtitles? And where in the game "wouldn't progress forwards after doing correct interactions" happen? You can hide your answer (because of spoilers) or send me a private message. I will greatly appreciate that.  

Master of curiosity trophy should not be broken - all the trophies are tested millions of times.

Hide contents

Did you return to your son when the power goes down?

Also, can you send me which guide are you using and I will tell if it is a correct one? There are some differences between trophy/achievement conditions on Xbox and PS4. For example, Sony wanted us to put some input for STARGAZER trophy (this wasn't the case for Xbox One version) - in the PS4 version you need to move the Moon with the right stick until a full circle is completed and the trophy will pop-up. There are other differences as well.     

Huge thanks for the kind words at the end of the post and hope you will receive your Platinum soon (I've already got the Platinum in the retail version :P).   

Awesome thanks for replying to the topic, wow 2 people? amazing job! ?

Okay so I didn't skip subtitles at all.

Spoiler

But in chapter 2 when that crazy bubble thing is happening right at the end after rebooting and you click on the bubble the elevator was supposed to open but never did, had to reload the game 3 times. Then in the last chapter when I picked up the helmet to escape my character got stuck and I couldn't walk or rotate camera and I had to reload the game for it to work. 

Okay awesome coz I was sitting in the main menu for like 1hr like the xbox guide said and nothing happened. Strangely returning to your son was not in their guide I will test it out now. Well its an xbox guide I was using because there were none on ps4, I wanted to plat it first lol but ya beat me ;) 

• Like 1

Advanced issues found

15 minutes ago, SaltySoph said:

Okay so I didn't skip subtitles at all.

Reveal hidden contents

But in chapter 2 when that crazy bubble thing is happening right at the end after rebooting and you click on the bubble the elevator was supposed to open but never did, had to reload the game 3 times. Then in the last chapter when I picked up the helmet to escape my character got stuck and I couldn't walk or rotate camera and I had to reload the game for it to work. 

Okay awesome coz I was sitting in the main menu for like 1hr like the xbox guide said and nothing happened. Strangely returning to your son was not in their guide I will test it out now. Well its an xbox guide I was using because there were none on ps4, I wanted to plat it first lol but ya beat me ;) 

Thank you again for your feedback.

Actually, this is not a bug - after you 

Spoiler

click the bubble, you should look up to activate the elevator (we even put an arrow on the terminal that is showing UP ;))

. This specific level, gameplay-wise, is inspired by Hideo Kojima's P.T., where you should just look at something to make progress. Nothing in that level is happening on a timer basis.

Spoiler

For the helmet at the end of the game, I will look into it - thanks! 

Cheers!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ivaylo_7 said:

Thank you again for your feedback.

Actually, this is not a bug - after you 

Hide contents

click the bubble, you should look up to activate the elevator (we even put an arrow on the terminal that is showing UP ;))

. This specific level, gameplay-wise, is inspired by Hideo Kojima's P.T., where you should just look at something to make progress. Nothing in that level is happening on a timer basis.

Hide contents

For the helmet at the end of the game, I will look into it - thanks! 

Cheers!

Okay awesome I got the platinum, i want to make a guide for it for ps4 but I don't have an elgato to capture trophies popping on screen. Again really enjoyed the game wish more indie games from pc came to console ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SaltySoph said:

Okay awesome I got the platinum, i want to make a guide for it for ps4 but I don't have an elgato to capture trophies popping on screen. Again really enjoyed the game wish more indie games from pc came to console 1f603.png

Hey there SaltySoph, I'd be happy to make a PS4 guide myself if you aren't able to. Any helpful tips you can give would be appreciated. Thank you :) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Hey there SaltySoph, I'd be happy to make a PS4 guide myself if you aren't able to. Any helpful tips you can give would be appreciated. Thank you :) 

Well I followed this guide 

The only thing that didn't work for me was Master of Curiosity and Stargazer, in which the developer responded above in spoiler text on what to do, there was a small difference in both of those trophies I couldn't get to pop. 

Spoiler

So in this guide when you are doing all of Elea's interactions in chapter one, they don't tell you to check on your son after the power goes out, doing that and everything else stated in the guide will get the trophy. Stargazer you have to move the moon around in the menu screen with the right stick until a firework explosion thingy happens and you will get the trophy where as Xbox literally had to wait there for the moon to do a full circle on it's own taking around 20 minutes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaltySoph said:

Well I followed this guide 

The only thing that didn't work for me was Master of Curiosity and Stargazer, in which the developer responded above in spoiler text on what to do, there was a small difference in both of those trophies I couldn't get to pop. 

Hide contents

So in this guide when you are doing all of Elea's interactions in chapter one, they don't tell you to check on your son after the power goes out, doing that and everything else stated in the guide will get the trophy. Stargazer you have to move the moon around in the menu screen with the right stick until a firework explosion thingy happens and you will get the trophy where as Xbox literally had to wait there for the moon to do a full circle on it's own taking around 20 minutes.

Seems simple enough. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. :) Although the game title says "episode 1" suggesting that this is just one part of the overall game, so it might make sense to make guides for each "episode" if that is the case.

4 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

Seems simple enough. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. :) Although the game title says "episode 1" suggesting that this is just one part of the overall game, so it might make sense to make guides for each "episode" if that is the case.

I don't know why it says episode 1, following it will get you the platinum trophy it literally is the whole game. 

40 minutes ago, SaltySoph said:

I don't know why it says episode 1, following it will get you the platinum trophy it literally is the whole game. 

Ah I see. Well, regardless, it seems like a worthwhile project to look into. Thanks for the info :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivaylo_7 said:

One more thing from me - SHARPSHOOTER trophy is different in the PS4 version, compared to the Xbox One. In the PS4 version, you must score from the "three-point" line, but on the Xbox, you can score from anywhere. 

Thanks for the info :) 

15 hours ago, Ivaylo_7 said:

One more thing from me - SHARPSHOOTER trophy is different in the PS4 version, compared to the Xbox One. In the PS4 version, you must score from the "three-point" line, but on the Xbox, you can score from anywhere. 

Thank you so much for being cool enough to actively help we trophy hunters plat your game.  With that, I’m about to smash my controller trying to get this Thesus Heir trophy! ?

I have followed the posted video guide to the letter.  Several people on various sites say this is buggy and that it will pop after several tries if you restart to the menu.  Well it doesn’t for me!  In fact, even if I pause and restart to menu while the maze is shrinking after completion, continuing leaves me at the next part.  Meaning I have to constantly close the game after a botched attempt and reload my backup save from USB.  What am I possibly doing wrong?

13 hours ago, Randy_West said:

Thank you so much for being cool enough to actively help we trophy hunters plat your game.  With that, I’m about to smash my controller trying to get this Thesus Heir trophy! 1f62c.png

I have followed the posted video guide to the letter.  Several people on various sites say this is buggy and that it will pop after several tries if you restart to the menu.  Well it doesn’t for me!  In fact, even if I pause and restart to menu while the maze is shrinking after completion, continuing leaves me at the next part.  Meaning I have to constantly close the game after a botched attempt and reload my backup save from USB.  What am I possibly doing wrong?

Sorry to hear you have problems with this specific trophy. But I can assure you, there isn't anything buggy - it's just time-related trophy - if you go to the door and turn in time you will receive it. 

"Several people on various sites say this is buggy and that it will pop after several tries if you restart to the menu." - this doesn't make any sense. I didn't write any logic that can support this. What the guy is showing from the Xbox version is the same for the PS4 one. No difference between both versions for this specific trophy. I got two platinum with two different profiles for the released PS4 version and didn't face any problem with "Thesus Heir".

Sadly it is hard for me to help you in this case, because if you know the shortest way (shown in the video from the Xbox version) you should get the trophy easily.      

I just open the source project for you and I can confirm that, yes, it's just a very simple time-related trophy. I also forget that I am giving you actually 16 seconds to get the trophy, not 15. +1 second for a small margin of error depending on the player position and where he is raycasting.

Again, you should go as fast as you can (you can't run in this segment) to the door and look at the door. Just one look at the door (you will hear Elea says "What?!" will trigger the next event in which you must turn in the opposite direction immediately so the labyrinth will disappear and the game logic will check if your time is lower than 15/16 seconds. If it is lower (or even equal) than 15/16 second, you will receive the trophy. 

Goodluck :)

• Like 2

Hi @The Blakk Vulture these are the exact conditions for the Master Of Recovery trophy. Depending on the player progression, these are all missable:

Spoiler

- Try to open NETWORK SUPPORT door before Phillip leaves the room.

- Hack successfully Milosevic PC

- Talk with Ganz

- Talk with Park

- Talk with Gabriel

- Follow the fat guy after the first long conversation with Kazumi in the medical bay (there are three states - in the last one he is sitting in the STORAGE FACILITY - you should just look at him)

- You should open the right keypad in the server room

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ivaylo_7

8 hours ago, Ivaylo_7 said:

Hi @The Blakk Vulture these are the exact conditions for the Master Of Recovery trophy. Depending on the player progression, these are all missable:

Reveal hidden contents

- Try to open NETWORK SUPPORT door before Phillip leaves the room.

- Hack successfully Milosevic PC

- Talk with Ganz

- Talk with Park

- Talk with Gabriel

- Follow the fat guy after the first long conversation with Kazumi in the medical bay (there are three states - in the last one he is sitting in the STORAGE FACILITY - you should just look at him)

- You should open the right keypad in the server room

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I finished my guide for the game. Should be up sometime this week. Thank you for the help

• 4 weeks later...

My playthrough bugged out. I have no trophy for completing the Prologue (easy to fix by starting a new game, I guess), and I couldn't get the Sharpshooter trophy no matter how many times or where I sank the ball. And yes, I did correctly throw away the can in the Conference Room.

The trophy for Sharpshooter says throw away trash in the Bridge though? If I can be arsed to do another playthrough, I'll check that.