Warning: Buggy Game

SaltySoph

9 hours ago, Halon_50 said:

My playthrough bugged out. I have no trophy for completing the Prologue (easy to fix by starting a new game, I guess), and I couldn't get the Sharpshooter trophy no matter how many times or where I sank the ball. And yes, I did correctly throw away the can in the Conference Room.

The trophy for Sharpshooter says throw away trash in the Bridge though? If I can be arsed to do another playthrough, I'll check that.

Dev here: this is really strange (missing Prologue trophy). The logic behind this trophy is just to complete the Prologue - nothing else. Please, can you tell me which version of the game you are playing (we are working on HDR patch for the PS4 version), so I can check the script again before next update.

Regarding Sharpshooter, did you put the can in the bin near the window?    

• Like 1

Hello Ivaylo_7.

This was on patch 1.01 PS4. I had subtitle skip enabled but did not use it during the prologue. I got the prologue trophy just now by starting a new game.

I'm going to try the Sharpshooter trophy again when I get there - maybe my game's shot counter bugged out and I should've quit out then restarted the game.

Quick edit: I did get all the other trophies just fine though, by following the guide over on ps3t.org.

Edit 2: I still cannot get Sharpshooter. I did notice that, over the course of 5 or 6 plays where I would completely quit out of game to XMB and restart between plays, sometimes I would deposit the drink in the trash can on the bridge, then play some BBall, and when I would go back to the bridge to check, the drink would respawn on the table and not in the trash. Sometimes it would remain in the trash can. Every time I quit out and restarted the game, it would correctly respawn on the table, since there's no autosave between tossing the drink in the trash and playing basketball.

I'm going to move on from this game now. I'll check back again when the next patch is out.

Edited by Halon_50

• 4 months later...

Same problem here. First time I dropped the can it came back to the table after I played basketball, after that it stayed in the bin. I scored from inside the line, outside the line, but no trophy for me here. Any solution to that?

Also I can no longer visit the menu with the option button. Last time I played (yesterday) there was no problem entering the menu. Also today after I started the game in the PS menu, my save file got instantly loaded with no title screen.

Other trophies popped with no delay. The SOCIALIZING trophy even popped before I interacted with every being. (when I interacted with the sportive beings for the second time)

Edited by wessijunge

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 8:45 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

So not worth a dollar then?

I think it's worth it. The game has clearly its design flaws, and I hated the long loading times, but it's a better "walking simulator" than some of the highly acclaimed ones, and has its charm. Graphics are nice, but the game just ends like that, I think it was supposed to be the first episode of a series, I didn't found anything about a second episode.

Special note: this game may induce funky dreams in the night - well, it happened to me, especially after seeing that

Spoiler

f*cked up simulation part full of glitches and weirdness

• 2 weeks later...

For the sharpshooter trophy will just not unlock I've been in and out up to the bridge to throw the can, down the rec centre for the basketballs

Must have dropped and threw that can 10-15 times and have shot 100 baskets nothing

Have had to walk away from it so annoyed 

On 28.5.2020 at 7:14 PM, Hanzoadam said:

For the sharpshooter trophy will just not unlock I've been in and out up to the bridge to throw the can, down the rec centre for the basketballs

Must have dropped and threw that can 10-15 times and have shot 100 baskets nothing

I can subscribe to this. Luckily it didn't take too long for me to get this, but I had no idea which shot of the basketball finally registered as valid and what I did different. But the can on the bridge should register always, as long as it lands in the bin.

• 2 months later...

While I think it's very cool that the dev is replying to this thread and providing feedback, I think the very fact there's so many claims of buggy trophies indicates a problem. Even if it's just a misinterpretation on the requirements for the trophy and not an actual bug.

Reading a lot of the complaints there's a lot of issues around pinpoint accurate requirements for trophies. Traditionally trophies tend to be more lenient when implemented, generally because the requirements are open to multiple interpretations, not to mention each system the game runs on behaves differently with individuals using controllers of varying wear and flaws. 

I've been trying the "Theseus Heir" trophy for around 6 hours now with quite a few attempts, trying everybody's suggestions, researching different ways to trigger the trophy. I've tried them all. 

I get it, the dev triggered the trophy easily and platinumed the game multiple times. That's cool and all, but that's with specifically knowing exactly how to trigger the trophies. Looking at it through that lens makes tweaking a game just that much more difficult, I get that.

As a dev myself and quite a big trophy hunter, this has been up there as one of the most frustrating trophies I've ever tried to hunt. I'm still not successful with this one to date.

If it's so straight forward, what's the trigger point for the timer start and end? From the feedback, I'm guessing when the room goes red -> then when it stops going red after turning around. I've timed this exactly on my end and I've completed it multiple times under 15 seconds without the trophy popping. Looking at others who have gotten the trophy vs those who haven't, the failure rate is more consistent with a conditional bug rather than it just being difficult, or we would see a much lower completion rate.

So either the timer never started, there's an issue with the timer "variable" not being set back to 0 after the error out and reset to the main menu, a trigger point during the labyrinth traversal we are unaware of entirely, or the trigger point for the timer start is something we are not clear on. 

Either way, if I were to fix this, I would certainly extend the timer for more of a grace period (20-22 seconds sounds reasonable, yes I know the trophy says 15 seconds and there's a grace period of 1-2 seconds already), and run some dev tests on some different scenarios around the timer itself and the trigger points, related to the save file. (I'm making many assumptions here, seeing as I haven't seen the code, obviously). Sure it's too late now, but just putting this out there.

Lastly, I think this game has some really cool ideas and visuals. Hopefully, the dev has taken the lessons learnt from this game and that the next game ports over a lot of the concepts and positive aspects we see here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This game is so fucking broken its embarrassing. Got halfway through chapter 3 to the point were you have to hack the laptop for a file to read. Even when matching the waves my R2 or X didn't respond to open up the file. I quit out the game completely, because the options button to pause the game didn't work. Now when I load the game in I don't even get a menu to continue. It just sits in an endless loading screen. Utter garbage, glad I only paid 59p for this shit. 

On 20/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, BEANO_BRFC said:

This game is so fucking broken its embarrassing. Got halfway through chapter 3 to the point were you have to hack the laptop for a file to read. Even when matching the waves my R2 or X didn't respond to open up the file. I quit out the game completely, because the options button to pause the game didn't work. Now when I load the game in I don't even get a menu to continue. It just sits in an endless loading screen. Utter garbage, glad I only paid 59p for this shit. 

Everything about chapter 3 is pretty broken for me so gonna delete saves and start over what a waste of time so far.

• 3 weeks later...

THESEUS HEIR - FIX...MAYBE?

last night ive try for 3 hours this goddam trophy knowing i was under 15 sec, from another forum today someone was saying to not activate the door when you get to it 

just turn around and walk

well guess what...that work on the first try!!, so i dont know if it was a flux, but it work for me so before throwing your control in the tv you might wanna try that and confirm this

• 4 months later...
On 28.5.2020 at 8:14 PM, Hanzoadam said:

Have had to walk away from it so annoyed 

I too struggled a bit with the Sharpshooter trophy, what finally got the trophy to pop for me was throwing the ball through the hoop without it hitting the ring or the backboard.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This game was a miserable experience. The story was pretty generic and the game play was glitchy af. The trophies really ruined what could have been at least a playable game. Very poor design with lousy checkpoints and no chapter select meaning you either need to follow a guide or face painful replays.

Even with a guide,Theseus Heir is buggy (mainly because I think many of the guides are wrong - you need to clear the maze, not just reach the door - once you get the dialogue at the door turn around and move back towards the middle of the room so the maze dissolves - then you'll get the trophy)

For me the worst part was Pushing me Softly as you can't aim the bloody bird, and I lost it numerous times - either it bounced of to fuck knows where or lands in the middle of the tree section and you can't respawn it or retrieve it. Meant multiple restarts of Chapter 3. Just a terrible game design as you can't move on or you'll need to start another playthrough from the very beginning.

Overall, while I like to be more forgiving for smaller indie devs, this is just a poorly made game and I can't recommend it at all even on deep discount. Just avoid it.

• Like 3

On 13/06/2021 at 11:40 PM, diskdocx said:

This game was a miserable experience. The story was pretty generic and the game play was glitchy af. The trophies really ruined what could have been at least a playable game. Very poor design with lousy checkpoints and no chapter select meaning you either need to follow a guide or face painful replays.

Even with a guide,Theseus Heir is buggy (mainly because I think many of the guides are wrong - you need to clear the maze, not just reach the door - once you get the dialogue at the door turn around and move back towards the middle of the room so the maze dissolves - then you'll get the trophy)

For me the worst part was Pushing me Softly as you can't aim the bloody bird, and I lost it numerous times - either it bounced of to fuck knows where or lands in the middle of the tree section and you can't respawn it or retrieve it. Meant multiple restarts of Chapter 3. Just a terrible game design as you can't move on or you'll need to start another playthrough from the very beginning.

Overall, while I like to be more forgiving for smaller indie devs, this is just a poorly made game and I can't recommend it at all even on deep discount. Just avoid it.

This^

It took me a good 1-2hrs to get that bloody basketball trophy done because of how utterly broken that mini-game is ?. To cap off this shit sundae, it took me nearly 45mins to get the Pushing Me Softly trophy because of how buggy and poorly designed the paper bird and its physics are. I loved the premise and concept of this game but ultimately it's a buggy, boring and poorly made piece of shit that should be avoided like the plague!

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

ffs... i was really trying to enjoy & like this game, but mine is buggy too... ironically it seems like a few trophies are earned by doing 'joke' bugs & glitches...

the 'THESEUS HEIR' in the labyrinth hasnt unlocked either after a few tries ? each attempt is a long loading time too... lol

it felt like a solid indy game, the levels have great design, great vibrant detail & i appreciate the experience the 2man team has tried to give BUT its a game of frustration...

it feels weirdly locked out like the game is trying to slow me down so i appreciate the story more & the work that has gone into its making...

e.g- elea’s walk is locked down when speaking, sometimes she is just standing there frozen while the dialogue is running... which btw the audio effects/dialogue doesn't always play properly (start of chapter3 & various other chapters)

so while the dialogue runs you're stood staring wondering wtf is going on as giant sperm whales go floating in the sky- no shit!... theres not much to do except pull your hair out for thinking buying it at 99p was a good idea...

i feel cheated like this game was made as a f*ck you to deliberately waste my time & money... it worked lol

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3.4.2021 at 0:43 PM, Janire1911 said:

I too struggled a bit with the Sharpshooter trophy, what finally got the trophy to pop for me was throwing the ball through the hoop without it hitting the ring or the backboard.

I was hitting the ring still popped. My conclusion was not hitting backboard. Threw somewhere between 10-15 baskets.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

About the Sharpshooter Trophy: I had a lot of problems to get this trophy, throwing over 40 baskets, but no trophy. It seems to be necessary to throw the ball from the 3 points line. I stood on the outer line or maybe a bit behind it (in this dark gray area) and got the trophy after 4 throws. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the platinum of the game. I didn't play the game in one sitting and "Lazy" didn't pop nor did the trophy for all optional interaction in the third chapter. I didn't follow the guy that went near or into the pod room so maybe that prevented me from earning the latter.

It is better to play the game in one sitting to avoid trophies not popping.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...